1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Football Talk Drama Poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Feb 9, 2019.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Its hilarious that that have a poll of which teams will provide the most off-season drama and they disqualified the Steelers. Man, part of me hopes the Steelers are forced to be on HardKnocks and they are not allowed to trade AB and Le'Veon Bell is transitioned tagged and nobody signs him. Most of me wants both AB and Bell to go away, but it would be some fun TV. Tomlin would have to come up with some new sayings that don't say anything.

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    If u want reality TV then your a fan of the right team. But I'd rather have an organization that acts like an actual football franchise and not a kartrashian so count me out of all that

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I agree, but the fact that Rooney II didn't step up publicly and say this is not how the Steelers operate and from this day forward I am holding myself, Kevin Colbert, Mike Tomlin, and the players accountable, tells me that Rooney II doesn't get it. Hopefully, his actions will speak more than his words.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’d be willing to bet that Rooney has put them on notice. Just cause he isn’t making a spectacle of in public doesn’t mean it isn’t happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I hope so, but there has to be evidence, which should happen beginning March 13.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

The Rooneys are not even close to being the Jones family. Nothing is going to be showcased to the public. Whatever business Art Rooney II needs to address with the team will be behind closed doors; as it should be.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Exactly.
    Some people are never happy though.
    Player/coaches/owner gets criticized if they air their dirty laundry in public and the same people will criticize if they don’t get all the inside information they want.

The overreactions towards the way the Steelers are doing things is quite hilarious.
    The way the Steelers run things is one of the main reasons we love the team. Just have to trust the process.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I believe this organization keeps things very close to the vest on just about everything, the organization, not necessarily each player. That is why I don't ever see the Steelers being on that stupid program. I really believe Rooney and Colbert 'get it' and will do what they feel is right although it will not in print all over the place. The problem with instant information today is that everyone wants to make a name for themselves. The media will throw garbage out there and everyone runs with that until somewhere down the road reveals its completely different than what was first reported. I get a kick out these knuckleheads that have to have a credit associated with regular news, (First reported by .......) It didn't use to be like that but now it must mean being compensated for being first to get it wrong. So, have faith that those two will get things aligned correctly including putting the HC on the hot seat where he belongs. As regarding the drama created by the players, it come down to one thing. You can't fix stupid. I mean really, you just can't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This has become a common theme following the last 3 or 4 seasons collapses. "Don't worry, Rooney will straighten this out, he'll put a boot up all their @zzes". Then it get's getting worse, not better.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Collapses? You realize that only one team can reach the ultimate goal each season right?
    Winning the Super Bowl isn’t exclusively the Steelers to give away.
    We field a competitive team each season. Probably the most consistent team outside of the Patriots. But for some reason we’re a disgrace and we suck right?

Outside of about a couple dozen Rabble Rousers most people here deep down have realistic expectations based on common sense knowledge of how the League parity works.

We’ve had a run of bad luck with a couple players who’ve gone rouge.
    We’re still the standard for how to run an organization with class.

We’re fine and will continue to be fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You don't think there's been 3 or 4 seasons that have collapsed over the course of the last 10? Collapses that had nothing to do with rouge players. One of those rouge players wasn't a problem with 100+ catches and 15 tds this season, the other one made it very clear that he wasn't interested in playing under the tag for a second season.

There's parity in the AFC?

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The league is trying to create parity yes. The Steelers always seem to be in contention to make the playoffs. They do very well as an organization. They win a lot of games despite the fact that the league wants parity.

We are not in Dire Straits as some here believe and can’t stop overreacting about.

13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    The disappointment and frustrations I have is due to our team having so much potential but can't find a way to orchestrate it into rings or at least getting to the dance. Forget about parity, we have a better team than either of the SB participants, IMO. Its one thing to have no talent and expect too much but its a lot worse when we have the talent and and we look as though we don't. So, I await the 8 month abyss to be over so I can see exactly the same thing all over again. It all comes down to the 6 P's (Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance). .

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My gut says if Cowher never stopped being HC, we would not have as much drama and our regular season and playoff record would be a bit better since he retired. Probably same for SB result. Just saying the biggest change would be we would have less drama if we had more discipline.

15. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Rooney's team has been making a public spectacle of themselves for years now. So i'm thinking Rooney has become tongue tied.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    With all the BS floating around about our team and players, I am confused as to who knows what or why. Does Rooney know WTF is going on or is it everybody else that doesn't know? I am so suspicious about the media and how they make a living. Sometimes its the media trying to be the story vs the story they are reporting. It really still comes down to performance on the field. Winning cures just about everything including drama but we don't have that going for us so this on-going media blitz effect is amplified. Its time for the disappointments to end.

17. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018