1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

Again......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018

He’s appearing on his podcast tomorrow.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh good, more drama on the way, he went to a Boston guy to do an interview. This should paint the Steelers in a very favorable light.

Hope he burns the bridge the rest of the way. Some people are fooling themselves to think he can play here anymore and make it work.

Ship him and Bell far far far away from Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe the interview gets Tomlin immediately fired.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Idiot is playing the wait game. Everyone anticipates what AB has to say.

The worst insult to these people is to just not give a damn.

Ignore him. Unless he's offering up an apology, time to send him packing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    When Brown came into this league he seemed rather grounded even though there may have been a few red flags that some of us fans might have missed. He did and said mostly all the right things. Worked his butt off and was for the most part an exceptional teammate. His off field workouts reflected incredibly with his on field production. Shortly thereafter came a huge payday and then his behavior became extremely erratic. Currently it's spiraling way out of control. More so, than I would have ever predicted. His trade value will certainly plummet with these latest actions. Here again, the Steelers organization finds themselves in another unwinnable situation. Art and Dan both are probably rolling in their graves right now knowing how badly this team has been imploding lately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Not likely, if the late season collapse and the drama that went with it didn't sway Art II, I doubt that the inane babbling of a buffoon will change his mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    tCH7p5v.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Cracks me up that people with that much money want to live on top of each other. I'd have 100+ acres with just a moderate sized house.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think thats AB's pool house :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The pad behind him tho... Damn

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting article on AB's production. On the surface, all seems normal but when when you figure in his DYAR and DVOA, fell off sharply.

You can be sure GM's are aware of this. Mix in all the baggage and GM's are going to be able to put the screws to the Steelers.

They are in a bad spot. I think in the end, they have to bite the bullet and move him regardless. They should be able to negotiate a 2nd rd but a 1st rd is getting more and more remote.

Heres the article on his production, good read.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...-san-francisco-49ers-nfl/stories/201902040126

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Great. Now put all of that back in context and that would be a step toward honesty. Of course, you're still either clueless or lying about the contents of my post.

Your claim that my point somehow means that the type of trouble or the amount of trouble a player brings doesn't matter, in particular, is a steaming pile of feces.

I do love when people like you think you have a gotcha and you haven't come close to making your point.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Supposedly an NFL exec at the Super Bowl told a Steelers beat writer that he would maybe give the Steelers a 6th rounder for AB. I think that’s hyperbole, but I now think even a 2nd round pick is unlikely. Too much smoke.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Remember there's a sucker born every minute, some GM will make a good offer. Nobody thought they would get a 3rd for Martavis Bryant.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

17. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    A 3rd for Martavis was ridiculous and benefited the Steelers immensely. That being said, Brown aint going anywhere for less than a 2nd unless he starts failing tests. Too much on field production for that to happen.

18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Smoke is right....And the operative word is smoke...Martavis "The kind of smoke" and not a fraction of the player AB is, netted a 3rd...This is all smoke, somebody, Probably quite a few somebodies, want him...And they're trying to play this blind mans bluff/ Who blinks 1st game...

They want him...But want to TRY to get him as cheap as they can...I'm predicting a late 1st...Or a "pretty" good player, and like a 3rd...Or, I hope!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I hope you’re right. However, we’re now talking about an allegation of domestic violence. Granted, it’s nothing like what Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt did, but it’s going to make teams pause, especially with his recent history off the field (the furniture incident, allegedly threatening a reporter, etc.). The smoke surrounding AB is in a totally different league than the smoke surrounding Bryant.

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I think he is on the rockets and that might be part of the problem lol

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Like most, I fear the trade value is dwindling. The Patriots are a team that was never afraid to take a chance on a troubled player so I am hoping the team finds a willing trade partner (not NE tho) and the Steelers get a top 10 pick in the 2nd round at the very least. We're being dubbed the nfls kardashians, mike burnett wants out after 1 year (unheard of here before), bell and brown's disruptions, Bens leadership being called out by former players, our best coach takes a lateral move and now the DC is going to extend himself coaching the OLBs.

what a crap year so far. And you know dang well that any draft prospects/FA will have to be squeaky clean character wise. They won't add to the circus.

If this Simmons interview is a shot at the team and players then it will put the o-line comments about Bell's contract in the dust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What circus?, Art ll says no circus. He calls those claims 'nonsense'.o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.