1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell to Houston, Brown to San Fran and AFC North is won by the Stains

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    My predictions are as accurate as any of these "experts":

1. Brown gets traded to Seattle. In a non surprising twist of fate during a passionate night with 2 guys and 1 girl he goes crazy and domestically beats all of them while accidentally facebook living it. He receives the commissioner's permanent life ban.

2. Bell was offered $500k less than the 4 year $100 mil he wanted from Houston and he sits out 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and finally signs in 2024, rushes for 100 yards before breaking every bone in his body playing against.... you guessed it the Cheats.

3. Cleveland is on the verge of winning the AFCN when they realize they are Cleveland and suddenly hire Hue Jackoff back, and somehow finish in last place

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    The Browns are building a team that could dominate the AFC North for several years. The Browns are no joke. They are talented and they are hungry. Our Steelers are talented and arrogant. Show me a fight between a hungry man and an arrogant man and my money is on the hungry man every time.

As for the so-called Toxic Twins, I'd rather have them back than lose them. We have a much better chance of winning with those two than without those two.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. fer69

fer69 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2016
    I don't think Bell is needed as much as Brown is tho. Juju is good but is he gonna be as good as Brown when teams start double teaming him? I don't thinks so. I didn't watch the last game of the season and I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm almost positive he didn't break 100 yards without Brown on he field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    With the Browns coming around and the Bengals getting new Coach the AFC North could be about to see a reverse in the standings.

Browns
    Bengals
    Ravens
    UGH!!!!!!

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Juju wasnt a factor vs the bengals

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Browns
    Ravens
    Steelers
    Bengals

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Nor was the team for much of the game. That team is in its own head and will continue to be until it sheds the drama.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Steelers
    Ravens
    Browns
    Bengals

9. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I was going to agree with you. But the way the Steelers managed the Bell fiasco going from getting two first round draft picks to may be a third round draft pick and the Brown fiasco; they may not trade him until the draft. They are rewriting the "How to Mismanage an NFL Franchise" book. I think you are right but again the Steelers' management have been doing some daft things.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  10. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    Every day or just occasionally?

11. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    Are you confusing the Browns with the Steelers?

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If the Browns do become and stay competitive it will be by Baker Mayfield staying injury free
    and making good football decisions.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Worrying about others makes no sense. I am concerned with the state of the Steelers only. Even if they make the right moves they still have a tattered coaching staff. If Art II extends Tomlin this to me is a sign of complacency. Retaining Butler was mindless. This team as it stands is far from competing consistently. This is my concern, not who's going to win the North. If somehow Art II tells Tomlin no extension, then and only then I will start to believe that changes will come.

The issue is the whole Rooney Rule. Their were a LOT of minority coaches fired this past season. I am all for a fair evaluation no matter your race, but the whole token interview is a joke. May the best person get the job. Tomlin was hired with zero head coaching credentials and fell into a team on with powerhouse players with a franchise QB who will be a HOFer. Since that Super Bowl win this team has declined. The Bowl game against the Packers was there for the taking but we saw the decline of the defense starting. And since this defense has been declining under Tomlin. And were supposed to trust him calling plays? I feel it's time to part ways with Tomlin, he has reached his ceiling, which is not high. But the heart strings i'm sure will pull Art II to extend him, in which would be a colossal mistake.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And to your point:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...a-male-mayfield-helped-attract-top-assistants

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    No credit to Dorsey for righting the ship?

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Freaking Bell. Unlike AB, Bell can go to whatever team he wants.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh my yes, but you know the old sayin give me the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Maybe your too young
    for this terminology?

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't. They're going to have to pay their QB soon. They can't afford Bell on anything other than a very short term deal, which Bell won't want

19. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    2002: Browns are 9-7 and reach the playoffs. Sportswriters state that the Browns have built a strong team that will last.
    2003: 5-11
    2007: Browns are 10-6 (same record as the division leading Steelers). Sportswriters state that the Browns have built a strong team that will last.
    2008: 4-12

The Browns have assembled talented teams in the past. The talent leaked away.
    Needs to be seen if players will choose to stay with the Browns.

20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We win the north next yr. I still say we trade brown and get a top safety or corner in the deal. We dont need bell. Spend that money elsewhere. Locker room gets better. 12-4

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think they are the same old Browns anymore. They have a good team and the biggest difference is they have a QB finally.

The one mistake they may have made was not keeping Ktichens at OC and Gregg Williams at HC. We'll see how that plays out next season. I thought that was stupid, why change what was working.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Kind of a contradiction...You want the hungry men over the arrogant men but...You want to keep the 2 most arrogant ones, Because they give you a better chance at winning...

Which one is it?

23. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Yeah, I think not keeping Gregg Williams was a mistake. That team seemed to rally around him.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Sad to say, no longer impossible. We would have to get worse and Ratbirds would have to stumble as the writer expects.

I won`t carve up the writer because he is trying to make a plausible argument.

25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If we could draft another Juju, we would be good at receiver without Brown. We have a way of finding receivers in the draft and we need to score a hit this year too.

• Agree Agree x 1