1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You want success? Time to clean house....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by standupsteelerguy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. standupsteelerguy

standupsteelerguy Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2017
    And it starts at the top. Tomlin has got to go. Heck let's start over with a whole new coaching staff.

Let's look at this realistically:

The Steelers are thinking about placing the transition tag on Bell? Really??? He'll just sit out again. Great plan. Chances are they are not going to sign them for the money he wants so just cut him loose and move on.

Tomlin hasn't been able to get things right for a lot of years now. He's lost control the players, if you need any further proof of that look at the fact that we're now trading Brown. Yeah he's a bonehead but a stronger coach and a better coach would be able to handle him. I mean God Tomlin couldn't even get across the point not to face time from the locker room. This is the guy we want running our team?

Whens the last time the Steelers took the field in any game that really mattered with a really thought out game plan that worked? And I'm talking playoffs when it really matters...

When's the last time they made halftime adjustments that really turned the game around?

New leadership is needed. Let's hope the Rooneys see it that way too.

Next year is already going to be an uphill struggle without Brown and Bell, at least juju is looking like a legit replacement for brown but after that, what do we really have? Connor looked great until he didn't. The defense has gone downhill. our tight ends are mediocre at best. I'm unimpressed with their drafts other than coming away with juju.

Buckle up boys, unless some big changes are made it's can be a rough season next year and every year until these changes are made.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well, these are new thoughts.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. standupsteelerguy

standupsteelerguy Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Just because they're not new doesn't give them less validity my friend. The solution is the solution and has always been the solution. Clean house.

We all just had to watch the Pats get a sixth championship because that coaching staff can do all the things ours can't. Coach players, teach players, control players, make adjustments, put together game plans that work. It kills me to say all this but that's a fact.

Remember the time when we thought any game against the Patriots would be a close game Resulting in a Steelers win? I do too, and I what I want those days back. Yeah we beat them at home this year but I think that's the exception that proves the rule.

Brady has to retire eventually, let's get the team set up to be good when that happens. That has to start today. Unfortunately we'll go through at least one more season With no real changes just so we can say we don't do rash things like fire a coach...... and we'll either miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round. It ain't supposed to be like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it goes higher than just Coach Tomlin. Art II's leadership, Colbert's picks, Tomlin's coaching, Ben's hot and cold, the Bell fiasco ... myriad factors, really. At the end of the day. if Boswell had even been decent, the Steelers would have made the playoffs.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Very new indeed.. Surprised this hasn't been topic number 1 all over SportsCenter above the super bowl

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So, did you watch a movie?

7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I went to the gym at 630.. And turned all the tvs off so I wouldn't have to see or hear it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Dang, I’m always looking for a good movie recommendation. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    T.J. Watt was a solid pick also.

Tomlin will need to dig deep to get this team back to contending if he even has the ability. Imo, the standard will be the standard until Ben hangs up the cleats.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    In 2017 they drafted Watt, JuJu, and Conner, all 3 of them made the Pro Bowl :shrug:, every team hits or miss in the draft.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    New thoughts or old, and as much as I despise what Tomlin has done with this team, cleaning house is not the answer. At least not right now. We still have enough talent to win a Super Bowl even if we lose Bell and Brown and to start over would waste that talent.

Tomlin doesn't need to be fired, and he won't be fired. He needs to be put on a PIP (Performance Improvement Program) but there are two reason why this probably won't work either ..... but you have to try! Can you force Tomlin to become a head coach instead of a buddy to the players (can you change a leopards spots)? Do the Rooney's really care .... they have their minority coach and don't seem to care about anything else.

so ...... we can probably expect a repeat of last year and maybe a few balls will bounce our way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    1. Wait for Bill and Brady to retire. (5-10 years)
    2. Tomlin will have to leave for Steelers to be a serious contender
    3. Nfl should normalize again and a new dynasty with a couple stragglers will be born.

If i was a betting man the Steelers will be a contender in 5-10 years lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's gonna take a few down years for Steelers to get back to glory, IMO. Too many holes on this team to hang with the better teams in the AFC. Plus, Browns and Ravens will continue to improve. As much as I want Tomlin removed, it's not gonna happen any time soon. Everyone might as well accept it and move on. Steelers desperately need some draft picks to pan out on the defensive side of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The Steelers are behind the better teams in the AFC, but that doesn't mean they are not able to hang with them.

After all, they beat the Super Bowl champs during the regular season.

15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    But they lost to the Raiders, Broncos and tied the Browns.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    And then... one and done, like the previous year.

17. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Quite true. The bad decisions on D players have been pretty egregious though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This is an interesting point, the part about Art II; when did control truly transition to him? Tomlin has obviously turned the once proud franchise into a circus but who's job is it to reel Tomlin in?

You have to acknowledge that Colbert has done a better job than most GM's but you also have to ask why the defense has been ignored? Is it because although defense wins championships, offense sells?

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If I'm thinking right, 8 out of the last 10 first 2 rounds selections have been defensive players. They aren't ignoring the D via the draft.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You're right! I should have said the defense has not been a success like the offense has when it comes to drafting.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We beat the patriots the last two years but only one counted. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We lose Bell AND Brown and still have enough talent to win a Super Bowl really? Didn't have enough with one of the all time great receivers ( all the bull**** aside ) Ben older, OL older,maybe minus a few...

Just don't see this team being Super Bowl contenders

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Pshhhhh....no they weren't :rolleyes:

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I said we have enough "talent" and we do. Even without the Kardashians we are still one of the more talented teams in the league. Coaching is another issue altogether.

• Agree Agree x 1