1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell to Houston, Brown to San Fran and AFC North is won by the Stains

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Browns winning the AFCN wouldn't surprise me one bit. Browns are on the verge of having the right mix of coaching and talent to consistently win games.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'd have more faith in the browns dethroning the pats then the Steelers

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    He's got Brown being traded during the draft...not gonna happen..he'll be traded before his roster bonus in March.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The Browns new front office is what will make a difference for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Baker will be the difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Have you paid attention to the Browns front office since they rejoined the league? Baker would be a wasted talent under the old regimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    As someone who lives in the Cleveland area, mark these words. SAME OLD BROWNS!

Although they have amassed a nice collection of talent they are still the Browns!

No coaching ..... for decades, no head coach with any credentials would go to Cleveland. This year they were in a position to shed all of that, they had what was believed by many to be the most coveted head coaching opening and what did they do? Before they could even begin any due diligence, they hired a guy who was their running back coach two years ago. And why? Because their new QB with 13 games of experience likes him!

No leadership .... there is nobody at any position from water-boy to head coach who can say "I've been there, let me show you how this is done".

No culture .... They have revamped their organization every year or so and every "new look" has dismantled and reorganized who they are to the point nobody has an identity or a clue.

Possibly the worst ownership in the NFL .... Read the below article and you will see that under the Haslems, there is little chance of success at any level.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rowns-front-office-where-hope-history-collide

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am not sold on the Browns yet. I think the Bengals may improve next year. New coach, and they have always had some talent offensively. 2019 should be a competitive AFC North the whole way around.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Plus we know how Jobu affects teams by that Lake. upload_2019-2-5_11-10-50.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    And yet after all of this... the Browns will beat the Steelers at least once next year. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Friggin clueless. His prediction is pretty much upside down.

1) Cincinnati
    2) Cleveland
    3) Pittsburgh
    4) Baltimore

Thats the way it should read, with the caveat that the right move or two, the Steelers could still finish ahead of Cleveland.

Lamar Jackson blows. Once teams have an entire off season to game plan him, he'll be as effective as he was in the playoffs.
    The Clowns are getting better
    Cincinnati has talent on offense. Them getting healthy and a new coach could possibly do wonders. Picking them last behind Ohio State is about a stupid as it gets.

14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Cleveland will NOT finish ahead of the Steelers. I doubt if they will finish .500

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Question is will the Steelers finish above .500?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Those Clowns couldn't even beat the Ravens in the season finale, they also have a first time HC.

17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

If I'm a trade partner, I won't time the trade so that I have to pay the roster bonus. Let the Steelers do it. If they don't like it they can keep him. I'm also not making the trade unless two conditions are met. 1) AB has to meet with my psychologist and get his OK and 2) I need assurances from AB and his agent that he'll report . Again, Stillers don't like the conditions? Keep him or deal him elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    A lot of Debbie Downers doom and gloom.

I predict the Steelers to WIN THE NORTH, WITHOUT Antonio Brown and Le'veon Bell. The "very optimistic" button is to your right.

The Steelers will extend current solid players like Pouncey and Ben. They'll hit up some serviceable veteran WR in free agency for insurance. James Washington is going to step up to be a serviceable #2. Conner and Samuels will run the rock.

On defense, they'll replace Burnett with another veteran safety probably. Re-sign Hilton. Bye bye Coty. Keep Burns for depth only. Get a Corner in either the draft or FA.

Get an athletic 3 down linebacker.

And they're still in the game. Even WITH Tomlin and Co.

Sheesh people are depressing here LMAO

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    So basically what the Steelers offered him. Contrary to popular opinion, he was offered 45 mill in "rolling gaurantees" his first 3 years of the contract.

Will be very interesting to see what he actually gets.

21. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    The steelers could improve alot without brown and bell. A good offence and improved D can go further imo. Brown will be missed but a 1st rounder could go a long way and no more drama.

22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    No one knows dik about anything. Just click bait to fill a quota. Didn't read it as it is one of those articles where someone is predicting something which I already know is more than likely wrong.

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Sure they will. They still have a load of talent, culture, history, etc. All that stuff helps them win 10-12 games, just not enough of it to overcome Tomlin's three ring circus.

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. The Bengals were decimated with injuries this year. Next year will be an entirely different team. I'm still not convinced they'll win, but only because talent-wise the division is getting fairly balanced.

Agree on Jackson, though. When he first appeared in games, there was apprehension on defense about what was going to happen, which he took advantage of. As the season wore on, that apprehension disappeared as teams simply read the offense better. Maybe their OC comes up with some new packages, but the likelihood is he will have to show what he can do with his arm. That still might be "good", but not spectacular.

25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Mayfield has been really impressive. But there's a lot of room for the Browns to mess things up organisationally. There's a culture there which just seems to drown players. Maybe Gregg Williams has kicked some of that out of them, but they'll need to bring in some character guys to see the team really improve.