1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Alan Faneca didn't make the HOF

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Other than Ronnie Lott ,Ed Reed is the best safety I have saw play. I have been watching football for fifty years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Troy was every bit as good a player as Reed. They played different safety positions so its not fair to compare stats.

Yes Reed was better playing centerfield and picking off passes, but he wasn't built for being the in the box safety Troy could be.

If Troy isn't first ballot it will be a travesty, and will prove these voters only look at stat sheets.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ed Reed initially did play Strong Safety. Due to an injury however, he was moved to play Free Safety. That being said, injury or not, Troy was the better multi role one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I am a lot less curious as to how Kevin Mawae got in and more intrigued as to how Ty Law gets in but not LC or Donnie. For that matter, is the Patriots current run of success artificially inflating the value of some of those Pats players of the 2000s?! If that is truly the case, that is beyond the concept of asinine itself.

The Hall of Fame is for those who have been consistently great over a long period within their career. How a two time First Team All Pro gets in is beyond me. What makes his case even more intriguing is that Corners, like Receivers, do have a harder time getting in than most positions.

5. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    This is total BS, Faneca was more valuable than those defense entries. Ty law? Gtfo

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Ed Reed is the greatest cover safety of all time. Stop the blasphemy.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Terrell Davis got in. So did gale sayers. Sometimes it's not always about longevity.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I am wondering if the hall is looking at that Pats team that won three superbowls and saying, "No way we can only put Brady and Vinatieri in from those teams, we have to find someone else".

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Which is garbage as well. He was better than Boselli as well. Boselli was just a really nasty guy that got away with a lot.