1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by santeesteel, Feb 2, 2019.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The Steelers defense back in those days would absolutely destroy any of these teams offenses if they played by the same rules as back then where they could actually impose their physical will.

The flag against the Rams yesterday when they blew up the ball carrier as soon as he caught the ball would have been the norm back then with no penalty but now it is a 15 yard personal foul and dictates the rest of the game by hand cuffing the opponent. Some may not see that as fixing a game but essentially it does.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Rams are idiots, they needed to jam Edelman at the line, he was running the same routes over the middle and the Rams never figured it out. Also where was Aaron Donald? Donald was DPOY, and was a nonfactor.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Gee, wonder why. Could it be fans are sick of Brady and company :hmm:

They'll be gunning to be the team with most SB's next season, don't expect any retirement announcements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I'm jealous of the ones who didn't watch. It was a God damn yawner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought with Peters and Talib they would do this and was a big reason why I thought the Rams were gonna win. I don't get how us fans can watch a game and see these guys getting free releases and the coaches not see it or game plan for it........:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  6. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This take while popular couldn't be more wrong. I posted in another thread about the size a speed difference between the great players of the 70 and todays players. The worst team in football today could crush the best teams of the 70s due to player size alone. It would be like watching a DIII team play Clemson.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Add to that the fact that our defense of the 70's would get flagged every play for the hits they did. We have come so far now with not being able to hit guys, defenseless receivers and roughing the passer have changed this game. No way can we compare the 70's and 80's teams to now the rules have changed so much.