1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

He is like a bad child that is insufferable and spoiled. The organization needs to take some responsibility for how he is acting and how this unfolded. They allow this type of behavior.. If they had of nipped it in the bud they likely would not have AB feeling and acting so selfishly.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I suspect if they had nipped it in the bud, they likely would not have had AB playing for them last year.

Then we would be complaining because they let him get away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Thing is for me I don't see these kinds of characteristics developing overnight. It would have been a progression and had they noticed the signs and not ignored them perhaps things would be different. I suspect the chaos which is now prevalent in the locker room over the last few years is an organization that has turned a blind eye toward it and now suffer the consequences. If it's true that Tomlin stated he was ok with Brown and his antics so long as his production remained intact then he needs to go.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What I find funny is with all the outrage and uproar about what AB did he got benched for the game but still collected a paycheck. I know financially it may have been a drop in the bucket for AB but it's the principle of it. " Hey AB,we know you "quit" on the team but here's a nice paycheck as punishment "....lol.

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Agreed.. No way in hell that man should have been paid. He quit on this team. Quitters don't get compensated. They should get shown the door.. Not to return your bosses phone calls is that absolute worst shun ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Get rid of this jackass. Don't care how talented he is, I don't want this attitude anywhere near this team. Let him poison some other club.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

He is very well in a position to 'demand'. The Steelers want him gone. They don't want him back, So He must go. Team X is willing to part with a 1st round pick, which the Steelers want, but they want some assurance ABnormal will report before they part with the pick. So He get some say. The Steelers are NOT in a position of strength here. Yeah, he under contract, but he knows the management doesn't want him back.

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He is in a position of strength. For one his contract is a bargain compared to what other guys got. For 2 he knows the team doesnt want him back. The impact of what has transpired with him over the past month has been glaring. It's will not bode well for this team to reach its ultimate goal. He knows that. Plus he's allegedly at odds with Ben who is the guy the franchise coddles at all costs. He knows what he's doing.

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Pretty funny both of you. NO Brown is not in a position to demand anything. He is under contact with ZERO leverage to negotiate ANYTHING. The concept that the Steelers want him gone (which is not true by the way) would have no bearing on whether or not Brown is in a position to demand anything anyways.

FB analyst 98, not sure where you're "bargain" contract is referring to as AB is currently the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/28/highest-paid-wide-receivers-odell-beckham-antonio-brown-mike-evans. Prior to August 27, 2018 he was the HIGHEST PAID wide receiver in the league.

Going back to the the "Steelers wanting him gone" << What a joke of a statement.

WHO is not returning WHO'S phone calls here? Did not Heyward, Ju Ju, Pouncey, all make public announcements that they do not want Brown gone?

Are you both drunk already for the Superbowl?

The reality is, if the Steelers DO NOT GET want they want in a trade for Brown, he would be FORCED to play in Pittsburgh.

Or sit out and not get paid. <<That is only his real option. How many people think Brown is going to pull a Bell and sit out all year? Not going to happen.

The Steelers hold all the cards on this one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Brown will play in Pgh, and will collect his pay. No problem, but do the Steelers want him back? He's pissed on Tomlin, he's pushed on Art II. But hey, he'll report, and biz will be boomin!!

The Steelers hold some cards, but unless they are willing to bring him back, and they are not. AB can say say, I'm not going to To team X, and the Steelers will have to regroup. Cuz, AB will always promise to report until he's dealt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Interesting that it says he is telling teammates that he has played his last game in Pittsburgh .

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t believe you. You will be back. :smiley1:

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Posted in wrong thread. I thought I was on the sb thread.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

I think he meant to tweet, if they want him back in Pittsburgh.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No he meant RT - retweet his tweet.

17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    JuJu was in a Super Bowl commercial with a bunch of legends, but no AB...He might dye his whole face blonde

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    One day he’s staying, the next day he wants to be traded. I just want him and his drama gone. Send Bell with him. I’m beyond done with their crap.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I know, I'm talking about AB left out want in his original tweet.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ha, I see that now.

[​IMG]

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Is that all steeler fans right now?

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, this is.

[​IMG]

23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok. Then we'll fade into the bushes :smiley1:

24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Why should the Steelers bow to his temper tandrum and give him what he wants for the sake of appeasing him?

He signed a contract worth A LOT of money from the Steelers. Rooney et al TRUSTED in him to deliver and return on that investment. He has be a man and honor the deal HE AGREED TO.

The rules are real simple. Come in and do your job. Come in late for meetings/whatever, dock in pay/suspend. Throw a cooler on the sideline or football at your teammates then suspension in playing/pay. Not happy with the team he's playing on then tough **** sucks for him he messed all that up.

If the Steelers find a suitable team for a trade that BENEFITS THEM (Not Brown), they have EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS to trade him to WHOMEVER they want to.

So it might be in BROWN'S best interest to pick up the phone and call Art Rooney. Rooney's a lot nicer than me. I'd go out of my way to send him to the worst possible scenario to prove a point and humble his ass.

25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Neet an interpreter to figure out what he's saying.

I guess it is saying "Retweet if you want AB back in Pittsburgh"... Correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.