1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This team just can't stop making waves

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 23, 2019.

1. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was trying to figure out how you did that. You'll have to teach me. I kept screwing it up. I just wanted the video to speak for itself how useless this guy is. Regardless of what defense is called I havent seen him do much of anything that his opinion should matter.

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Pretty easy. copy the link (Ctrl "C") and click on the crooked figure 8 to the right of the "A" here and paste (Ctrl "V"). FYI

• Like Like x 1
  3. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Thanks. got it. It was the crooked figure 8 i didnt know about.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Fort was our best ILB this season. I have watched that dime defense video a few times, including just now, and Fort was pretty far down on the list of issues that I saw. I’m not going into a play by play, but one example is (I think the second play) where Fort gets engaged directly by an offensive lineman and there are gaps to either side. He correctly disengages to get leverage in the outermost gap, funneling the back into the cutback gap. However, because we were in dime, the safety playing the dime backer spot was getting mauled and there was an easy lane for the back to gain several yards. It’s not realistic to expect the ILB to engage the offensive lineman there and toss him aside in 1/2 second to cover both gaps. He did his job as well as a ILB is generally going to do it in that situation. If someone looks at that play (and a couple of others on the tape) without understanding what Fort’s assignment was, they might miss out on seeing wha5 was really wrong. Was Fort perfect on all of the plays on that tape? No. Was he the big problem? No. Our defense improved overall when he started getting more plays in base and nickel instead of Bostic.

Now as to his tweet, I agree that he shouldn’t have said what he said. It was clearly a jab delivered by a guy who was bitter and thought we’d be in the playoffs if our kicker had performed. Or even worse, a guy who was using the kicker as a scapegoat when a lot of things actually contributed to the poor ending to the season. Sometimes staying quiet is best. However, I would point out that our owner had already chucked Boz under the bus in his own comments on the season. He didn’t imply anything that our owner hadn’t already said very bluntly.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Vince had a total of 28 more tackles than fort this year, despite starting 14 games to forts 2. Fort had a TD on a fumble recovery as well. He was arguably our best LB last year. The solo tackle difference showed that. The tackles for loss and QB hits also shows that compared to how much fort player and how much Vince played. Fort played well for us when given the chance.:cool:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fort was part of a defense responsible for multiple failures. He bears no responsibility for that?

Fort is an average player at best and shouldn't be running his mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Fort can go. He isn't the player some think he is. That said, the real response here is the same one for every thread discussing our issues: rotting from the head down and all that. This will not get better until there is major change above the players.

8. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers organization has zero control of their players. They do not seem to have the ability to snuff out problems before they become an issue. Ben Roethlisberger has never been a true leader. Mike Tomlin is a joke of a leader. He can't control ****. I would think the Rooney's could figure something out but it doesn't seem like they have a good hold of things anymore. It has spilled into the development of the players. Steelers still draft well but their have been more busts the last 5 years than I can remember. The NFL destroying defense hasn't helped either as that was the Steelers ID for their entire existence.

Antonio Brown doing a facebook live after the Chiefs win a few years ago proved that these issues have been there for a while. Constant yapping of in house stuff from players. The anthem issue for a a few weeks.

I do not know if we will see a solution to this anytime soon. The script has been the same since 2012. Play 3 to 4 games a year like they do not know how to play football. Usually against ****ty teams. Couple players whining. Blame refs for a few games. Blow 3 games because the defense can't stop the offense to end the game. They do the same thing every year. No changing. I do not seeing it being any different as long as Mike Tomlin is the head coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I don’t care if he’s a franchise player or a guy clinging by his fingernails to the 53rd roster spot. He shouldn’t be running his mouth like that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe Boswell can tweet that the 4 remains teams all had competent ILBs, he doesn't even have to say elite ILBs.

Boswell stunk this year, he may lose his job in 2019. But he won his team a lot of games over the last few years. And that something Lifetime Journeyman Fort can't say.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ha, a new twist in the Steelers organization. Fort doesn't want out but wants someone else out. Only Big Ben has this power L.J..

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Fort is a free agent. No he shouldn't run his mouth but he played better than many of our higher paid boys and you can't take that from him. they all need to look in the mirror. Our owner said we have no position we absolutely have to come away with in this draft. He must have plans for some good free agents then. :cool:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Either that or he thinks Vince Williams and Jon Bostic are the answer. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Dirty red is elite lol

Huge extension soon

• Like Like x 2
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If you guys want a break from this type of thing you should check out the tweets from the probowl. All the guys there are just a joy to listen too, even Pouncey. Tj is just humble and says the right thing Juju is just young and enjoying everything. Cam is every bit a leader. Conner and Jim Kelly posing for pictures. It will give you good fills.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Your right Dobbs they did bring in a punter, that everybody thought beat Berry out in preseason. Thanks Coach T, another Fup.

17. More Balti

More Balti Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I'm not a proponent of banning or censoring anything, but Twitter really does bring out the worst in people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I am fairly certain if Twitter existed when I was 20 something, I would have posted a lot of stupidity.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it did jeh, but you had to chisel it on the cave wall. :smiley1: sorry had to go there. :facepalm::cool:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Same here. I'm glad I grew up in the 80's and early 90's.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it turns out he is a better player than some think he is.:cool:

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Better than you think he is.:cool:

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Unless you see your job as being the players friend who allows them to express themselves.

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The sh!t show continues. Until Rooney gets his head out of his fourth point of contact and fires Tomlin the clown, it won't get better.

Steelers have turned into a grotesque caricature of the raiders/browns/rats/cowgirls.

Sad days for the once proud original modern era NFL dynasty.