1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think the NFL's not rigged?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2019.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The Steelers would have had no chance making it to the SB this year despite shooting themselves in the foot all season long. Golden boy Brady will probably win his 6th lombardi and be named the GOAT of all the GOATS ever. A hand in the Neutral zone ensured that.

N.O. - We can't call PI for you cause it may be more competition for the GOAT.

Good luck Rams. You're going to need it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    The refs just suck. They are not good enough to pull off some kind of conspiracy. Officiating has gotten worse over the last few years. Maybe it's because of retirements or something but plain and simple they just suck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Nah, elite coaching with a horseshoe up their butt.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Missing the helmet-to-helmet penalty against the Rams, The hand touching Brady's chest in the pass rush being called roughing the passer, and the little Neo trick that Edelman pulled off being called he didn't touch it. << Inconclusive and the call on the field should stand if deemed otherwise.

I lost it on the roughing the passer penalty. Need to have someone start passing out lollipops on the sidelines.

I don't know if it's rigged or not, but the ****ty penalties got to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Or cheating. If history has shown us anything, it’s that the Pats cheat. I don’t know how they’re doing it now, but I think they’re doing it. My guess is that, just like spygate, it’s about acquiring information outside of the limits of league rule to gain an advantage. Tapping headsets. Having hidden cameras placed in opposing teams’ facilities by buying off security/maintenance staff. Something like that. Or it could be figuring out how to mask certain PEDs from testing.

Am I trying to rationalize how they seem to always be more prepared for their opponents than any other team? Maybe. Am I bitter that we were almost certainly a victim of Spygate? Absolutely. However, history shows that they will cheat to gain an advantage. I think it’s still happening, somehow.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Some calls and refs are bought and paid for. With this much money changing hands, it's not possible that corruption does not take place. Arguments to the contrary are simply wishful thinking. Weeding out corruption is also wishful thinking. However, some form of reviewing calls should be implemented as the pass interference non-call last night highlights that need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Roughing the passer for Brady makes sense in this Metoo world. Men, you're not allowed to touch their breasts!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I guess if the team you want to win doesn't win, the NFL is rigged. If the team you want to win wins, then it's not.

You think 'they' rigged it in 2005 and 2008 for the Steelers? If not why not?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    to much throwing flags on what seems like a penalty. as the official commentator said you should see what you call or don't make the call. then all the missed calls like the chargers game. everyone in the world saw it but the one ref that needed to. the other refs have flags too, make that call if he can't. then the penalties that haven't been called all day and then in a critical situation it's called. no consistency. mahomes gets hit in the head and tom doesn't, who gets the call? azz wipe does. the only player i have see after the game last week in boston goes into the huddle of refs and starts shaking hands with them all and also the first person he tells great game to is the ref. i have never seen that before by any player or coach. just sad they dictate the games. :cool:

10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They missed 2 blatant face masks on Goff and Cooks. Those calls could have changed the game.

The missed PI is not why the Saints lost. Sure, if it was called then the game is over . But what if the 2 face masks were called? Would the game have been different in the final minutes?

You can't claim a missed call is the reason for the loss without acknowledging other missed calls and appreciating that those missed calls could have changed how the game progressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    2004 afc championship the pats definitely cheated

12. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You can on that pass interference man. I get your point but there will always be missed calls. They havent missed a pass interference call that bad in 10 yrs or more. If anything they call to many that ain't. Like Haden against the saints

That miss literally kept saints out of the super bowl.
    I dont even wanna get started on the other game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Well honestly, the non-call PI against the Rams was crap, but I never saw a replay showing where the officials were standing..... we had a great replay view, but maybe the perspective from the ref was blocked??? I dunno. N.O. can't complain too much.... they benefited from the Joe Haden PI call against us.

As for the NE/KC game.... I didn't even bother watching for health reasons..... I knew if I watched... my blood pressure would go up and down.

In the end though.... I think the Rams have the best chance to beat the pats because of their defense. But I won't likely watch that game either.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This nonsense again?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    No you can't because if the other calls were made perhaps the Rams are up by 7 or more and that PI call at best would have resulted in OT. Like I said, every missed call could have completely changed the outcome of the game .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's my honest belief that BB spends all of his time breaking down film (legal or otherwise ) and keeping a binder (s) on each team with updates on how to attack them. Couple that with intense prep in the week leading up to the game and they just dominate the competition. Some of those plays yesterday were so beautifully run and called for in the moment it is scary. There was one run by Michel that went for 10 yards or so that was just insane to watch it unfold in the replay. KC was lined up leaving the center uncovered with two lBers 5 yards off the line. The ball is snapped center drives left, right guard drives right, and Michel goes right up the middle because the two lBers get blocked by Devlin and another TE who just sort of appear in the perfect spot to block them. It was just freaky to watch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I am a conspiracy theorist but...Even though what you said were legitimate penalties in the Rams game, why would they make those calls for the Saints to lose?

I question everything Cheatriots but...You would think if anything...The NFL would want the Saints to win with Brees about done andwhat happened to them last year...

I just think those calls were blown...Unlike Marsha getting " breathed in " and Edelmans " overturned " call...When there wasn't any evidence to overturn it

18. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    If it was rigged, the refs wouldn't have made several calls against the Pats that allowed the Chiefs to score late in the game.

The refs would not have taken that chance late in the 4th quarter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I think we just can’t accept the pats are really good especially in the playoffs. Same factor is bellicheck. I bet he would’ve taken the browns to a super bowl over time

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not sure how many brews you were having but if that call is made the game is OVER and the Saints go to the SB. Forget about the what if's and the but's, and the spins and so on. That missed call will in fact end the Saints season. The officiating is without a doubt going down hill on a steady pace. I don't know where they are getting these people to do this but I am convinced they are not the best out there. Period. The NFL's pussification of the sport is also horrible. I have a hard time figuring out what the hell is a penalty anymore. Soon, on the trajectory that they are on, the NFL will be flag football that is co-ed. That will make every wacko group out there happy.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    It seem to me that all the calls, no calls, breaks, or whatever can go a teams way disproportionately goes in their favor. That is what I have a problem with. Belicheat is good but not that good to take the Stains anywhere away from Lake Erie in January. That will take divine intervention.

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That phantom roughing call was BS.

23. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Labriola wrote this in response the Gilmore claiming that ABrown was playing dirty.
    "It’s always amusing when the Patriots attempt to take the moral high ground on any issue regarding a game, or their tactics within said game, or anything even mildly related to the game day experience, either on the road or at Gillette Stadium."

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-dirty-moves-cam-haden

When people say that Belichick is a much better coach than Tomlin, this might be part of it. He knows when to try to break the rules, when getting flagged doesn't hurt his team but refs missing the call will cause a huge benefit.

24. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Don't know if it's rigged but the refs sure as hell make some calls in the strangest situations that benefit certain teams. I understand that they make mistakes but the Cheats always seem to be on the receiving end of the blatant ones when it really counts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's easy to blow holes in the rigged narrative.