1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

would the raiders do this

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Jan 15, 2019.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    right now I think the raiders have 3 first rd picks. if they would give us 4 and a 3rd for brown, I know aint happening but how would this look

4th pick from oak greedy Williams cb lsu

our 1st devin white mlb lsu it hurts being a bama fan but these 2 are studs

2 taylor rapp s wash

3rd from oak AJ brown wr ole miss
    our 3rd Iman marshall cb usc

4th irv smith jr te bama

6th micheal deiter ol wisc

6th ben banogu olb tcu

7th cole tracy or Austin sieber which ever kicker is available

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been personally thinking of the Raiders myself as our draft partner. AB can be in Vegas
    doesn't that fit. LOL. A clown show on the strip.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    AB and a third for Oakland's 27th. That is something I would ponder on. Losing the Third Round Pick is going to hurt for certain. That being said though, acquiring another First gives you more options on what the Steelers can obtain.

As we speak though, I still think Arizona is my personal favorite. Way too many win win scenarios for both teams. Pittsburgh should make that happen.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    No ACC players? :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I would love to have Christian Wilkins. Just not sure if he will go high. If he falls some I would love it

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

just bustin your chops a little my friend. :lolol::smiley1::cool:

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Arizona would have to see itself as a contender in the very near term for that to be a win - win. They may be better off keeping picks than dealing for a 31 year old WR. I think Miami could make sense. So could San Fran. I’ve read the Denver rumors, but I don’t see it.

8. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I know but just wanted to show I do look at acc players lol

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

When I said win win, I meant it in the aspect of what both teams are dealing with. Patrick Peterson wants out. AB wants out. Why not give both what they want? For that matter and, as I said, Josh does need a good go to target. Surely Arizona would be willing to jettison their second round pick with Peterson.

10. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    No, simply because they just traded away a much younger WR for one of those #1 picks. No way they are trading that same #1 for a guy 7 years older, even if it is AB.

As I have said several times over the past few weeks - it's not in Gruden's master plan to do something like that. And it doesn't really make sense for him, truthfully.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree that the deal may be great for us. I also agree that Arizona may be better off trading Peterson away. I disagree fully that AB makes sense for them. Arizona has a rookie coach, a 2nd year QB and were the least competitive team in the NFL last year, even with Peterson. You think they should sacrifice pick #33 plus whatever value they can get from someone else for Peterson (likely a 1st round pick) to take on a 31 year old diva WR? How’s that going to work out when they hit a patch of adversity, are losing games, and Mr. “it’s all about me” is putting up just Ok numbers because he’s getting doubled on nearly every play? He’ll throw Rosen and the new coach under the bus before the 2019 season is half over. Their smart play is to use pick #33 plus compensation received for Peterson to build their o line and 1) better protect Rosen, and 2) give DJ more running room. They’ll need to add weapons, but a 31 year old Diva is not going to help their rebuild for 2020/21 as much as building with young talent.

However, if they offer that, I JUMP on that offer.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Fair enough on disagreeing with the AB trade. However, I only use this as a rebuttal. Please hear me out on this one.:)

Assuming Larry Fitzgerald retires, no one is stopping AB from receiving his touches. David Johnson perhaps but he will not be enough on his own. AB's mere presence requires the secondary to focus on him more often than not. Given that, whomever Arizona elects to pick up in Free Agency and/or the draft can assist AB with some touches but without impeding his overall performance. Keyword is some.

I do agree that there are other teams out there. I also agree that, as opposed to shopping off Peterson and a pick, they could rebuild with him. That being said, i spite of the other team's offers, I do believe that Arizona could be the biggest beneficiary of them all.