1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Controversial: Big Ben Allegations

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Now, since this whole site was created in 2010, I'm not sure if we ever talked about the allegations against Ben. However, before I get into this, I just want to know what other people thought of this without breaking any forum rules. I say this because of the intro for this thread:

"Steeler Nation lives here. Share in the good and the bad. Here we go Steelers, Here we go!"

IMHO, when it comes to professional sports, I feel like that some cases aren't taken seriously enough unless if there's actual proof or video evidence, just like any other case outside of sports. Also, after searching on the internet, I think this gives us the best insight of what really happened:

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/arti...r-quarterback-twice-accused-of-sexual-assault

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    :beathorse:

Next.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That site doesn't give any insight into what happened. It lists the accusations and the outcome only. Where's the insight?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In today's nfl .... he would've been suspended indefinitely. He's no goodie two shoes ... that's for sure.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Nothing there that’s new at all, and from my recollection of the full set of police records that were released back in 2010, I think the article selectively used info from the police records in the Millegeville case to imply guilt. Just my view. I dug as deeply as i could into the public records back then, and I recall quite a bit more official information that cast doubt on the veracity of the allegations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why is OP bringing this old news?:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    None of us will ever know what happened, but you gotta admit, having an off duty police officer there with him that night surely didn't hurt his chances to have the story go his way. Public documents don't tell the whole story, they only tell the story that officials want to be told. Would those officials be more likely to believe Ben, who was accompanied by a cop, or a drunk student?

I have no idea if Ben raped her or not. What I do believe and always will is that Ben was a sexual predator and he preyed on a 20 year old drunk student, while he was a grown man, surrounded by other grown man, one of which was a cop. I know he's our starting QB and all, but I'm amazed how many people are willing to overlook that kind of behaviour. The stuff he did is not okay, yet so many on here defend him every chance they get. It's sickening.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    He did point it out in his first couple lines.......

9. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    While there is little doubt something happened. I do not think for a second it was what was implied. In a DNA rape kit they only need a billionth of a gram of a sample. Take a raisin...slice it into 1 billion pieces....they needed one of those pieces....and it was not there.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh, I think the record clearly showed that he was a scumbag towards women, using his celebrity status to get sex. There’s a huge difference between that and rape.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Was a rape kit performed? Also, did she claim she was raped? Did she claim there was penetration? Sexual assault can mean a lot of different things and penetration isn't always part of sexual assault.

12. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Who cares? That was eight years ago :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well the OP does since the site was created after all that happened.

15. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Yes.

“Forensic evidence, it turned out, was scant. Although testing showed the presence of male human DNA from the woman, there was no way to match it to Mr. Roethlisberger or anyone else, according to Ted R. Staples, GBI’s manager of forensic biology.
    “It was an extremely small quantity of that, and there simply was not enough to generate a nuclear DNA profile from that male” Mr. Staples said. “We carried it forward and made an attempt [to obtain a DNA profile.] The only profile generated was that of the female.”
    Even with today’s technology, the sample was so infinitesimal that nothing could be determined.
    “Normally what we’re looking for is about a nanogram of DNA, which is a billionth of a gram. A raisin weighs about a gram, so if you could cut a raisin into a billion pieces, we need one of those. So this particular result was far less than even a nanogram. There was something there. It just wasn’t enough.”
    Mr. Staples said scientists could not discern the source of the DNA in the sample, whether it was from saliva, semen or something else.”
    This tells me that no sex occurred. I’m a molecular Biologist, and with PCR, you can amplify nanograms of DNA to get a profile of somebody. The fact that they didn’t get anything, nothing…tells me that he never had sex with her. If he did, there will be tons and tons of DNA."

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yawn.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :beathorse:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not sticking up for it you asked a question I told you why.....yes it is old news but no need to be rude to the OP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't see the relevance, I have no desire to read through that old news.

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Then why waste your time posting about it man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Not anymore, I'm done :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Grown ass man? It was his 28th birthday and wasn't she 22? Not like some 40 year old man making a move on her.

If I ever thought for one second Ben sexually assaulted her I would have stopped watching the Steelers. Before anyone says bs, I did it when Vick was starting. Fortunately for me, his time was short. I tried watching, I kept hoping he'd get sacked. I felt I can't watch like this and can't root for this guy to make a play.

If you felt that strongly that Ben sexually assaulted her, I don't know how you have been watching all these years.

24. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    She was 20 from what I've read. A 20 year old is still far more mentally immature than a 28 year old pro athlete. She was basically a kid still. I don't know if Ben sexually assaulted her. I really have no idea. I definitely don't feel strongly that he did, but I also don't feel strongly that he didn't. I'm completely caught in the middle. What I do absolutely believe is that Ben was a predator. Does that mean he violated criminal laws? No, not necessarily, but it means he did a lot of things he shouldn't have done. He had no business being anywhere near that girl nor hanging out in college bars. There's more to life than just following criminal laws. There's things called ethics and values too.

As for me watching this team, it's been a struggle for me for a long time if I'm being honest. There's a certain level of satisfaction that has been taken away from me. A huge, huge part of that is Ben. I truly hate him and wish he was cut or traded back when this stuff surfaced. I'm not going to give up on a team I love though. I'm not going to stop watching because of it. If he had been actually convicted of sexual assault and still remained on the team, then I don't think I could watch. As it stands now, I watch, but a part of me is longing for the day when Ben is gone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was definitely a d-bag for a while there. I always felt the fame went to his head and like to think family life got him back on tract. Maybe he just hides it better now, who knows.

Hang in there, he's almost gone. It has to be the worst position to play for a fan that doesn't like him, he's involved with every play! Why couldn't it be a second string TE or something :lolol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.