1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Deep thoughts for Steelers in 2019

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NE Missouri Steeler, Jan 12, 2019.

1. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    COMMON SENSE is like deodorant. The people who need it the most never use it.

I am sure there are more out there.....come on fellas......nothing better to do with this winter storm Gia rolling in MO. Be careful everyone as this storm moves east. No delays in KC with snow. Ice is a different deal. LOL

Also, this is a funny story....enjoy....https://fox4kc.com/2019/01/09/paran...ad-stadium-turned-up-negative-energy-spirits/ Hank Stram says it's ok for Chiefs to finally win. LMAO

Go Rams. We can't let Cowboys pass us for all time playoff wins. We are tied at 35.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    There once was a woman from Nantucket, AB was supposed to practice but said.....

Go Colts!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I wouldn't mind the Colts but I want NEs road as difficult as possible . If they both win NE is going back to the SB because I don't see the Colts winning in NE. So by default .....go Chiefs. I wish NE played first

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Colts are going to the SB. Todays matchup will be harder for them than NE, IMO.

I'm so envious that Colts found Frank Reich, guy is coaching his ass off.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    No one hopes you're right more than me but going to NE historically it's almost impossible to win

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    As much as I would like the Colts, I think it's going to be LAC vs LAR in the SB. They are already making provisions for using the Colosseum for a potential AFCCG. What better way to drum up fans for 2 teams that don't really have much of a fanbase left, than an all-LA championship game?

But I think the Chiefs season comes to an end tonight.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    After watching a lot of games especially the Steeler games this year, I really think it's up to the NFL front office in coordination with the refs who will decide who goes to the Super Bowl this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I look at the Colts and ask “what don’t they have?”
    QB? Check, Receivers? Check, RBs? Check, O Line? Hell yeah, Defense? Check, Clutch kicker? Check, Coaching? Check

They’re a 6 seed because it took them a while to gel. They started 1-5, but then they dominated by winning 10 of 11, including some impressive wins. I think they get there. Colts vs Saints.

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Today is the annual chefs postseason home game collapse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, I'm not the only one......

11. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm definitely not a conspiracy theorist, and I think it would be very difficult to pull off a staged run to the SB like this. But I have no doubt that in NFL/owner's minds, this would be optimal for business.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not that hard. Just have a few well placed refs make some phantom calls and don't call a couple of obvious ones...……….

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Fuzzy Memories by Jack Handey (same guy as Deep Thoughts")

"When I looked up at the scoreboard, there were 15 seconds left. It seemed like plenty of time, but it wasn't. Before I could get to the bathroom, I had wet my pants."
    "The smell of Aunt Lucy's pies would make me come-a-runnin'. But the sight of Aunt Lucy's scary face would make me run away".

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    We'll find out tonight and tomorrow

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh well, it sounded good, I was right there with ya! Can't believe they couldn't score on that defense.

I'm a big Chargers fan tomorrow!

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Go LA....

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Derwin James appears to have been the final piece the Chargers needed. Gus Bradley also is a big factor into this as well. Derwin James is essentially "Kam Chancellor 2.0". Add both Bosa and Ingram and the Chargers present a huge problem.

To magnify this issue, Rob Gronkowski is no longer the same player. Julian Edleman is within the same boat. Tom Brady can no longer stare down into the proverbial barrel when pressure surmounts.

As I have stated all week, New England is finished. Rather, they will be. Much like the Steelers did this year, Phillips Rivers will be able to conquer his demons. This time though for good.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Doh

• Like Like x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    ray me

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Good win for the chefs finally getting their first home playoff win in 26 years. I'm sure the chefs and their fans can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    play

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Andy Reid or Mahomes? What made the difference this year?

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Patrick Mahomes AINEC.

That kid has some transcendent arm talent. Dare I say he just might be the best passer of the football talent wise in the last decade. To amplify his incredible season, this is essentially his "rookie" season of sorts. Unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Concur with Mahomes being a special talent. I just think that A. Reid is a blessing for him. Imo Mahomes would not look as good under any other coach.

25. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I wasn't a big fan of Mahomes coming out of Texas Tech and I thought he would have been better off staying for his senior year. Didnt think he had the athleticism or vision to play at this level in the NFL and thought the chefs reached on him picking him 10th overall. He is proving me wrong and like you said, Reid is a great match for him. Chefs have had some very good QBs in their history. And I know this is premature, but Mahomes could top all those guys - including Montana, Smith, Green.