1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Aditi Kinkwahbala

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    [
    How about the pain medicine thingy? Pain meds usually take some time to work.

What ever the case Ben had an injury. He probably wasn't ready to return right away. The team probably thought they could win the game without him. They guessed wrong. That's life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    So you saying you know he was ready to play right away after half time?

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    According to Ben's quote. He said he was ready to go and was just waiting for coach to put him in. Tomlin knew of this but decided to roll the dice with Dobbs. That is part of his flow excuse. It clearly wasn't about flow because there was none. It was a attempt to win the game without his starting QB. He failed.

5. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    He was cleared well before he went back in to the game.

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Tomlin cannot tell Ben he cannot have his show no more then he can tell his players to stay off of Twitter and Instragram

7. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Being cleared and being ready to play are two different things. If Ben was in pain on the sideline then it's easy to understand why he wasn't put back into the game. Pain meds take some time to take effect.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Then Ben should had been more emphatic about going back into the game. If Ben was still in pain it's easy to understand why he wasn't inserted back into the game.

Sometimes coaches get so caught up into the flow of games and that they forget to run the ball or make other decisions.

The team failed. At this point it doesn't even matter. People make mistakes. Can't go back and change anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Those coaches normally don't last long at this level. That's whats so perplexing about this one.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :beathorse:We know dude, how many times times are you going to post those same stats :shrug:. Also a HC can't control injuries to some of their best players, and untimely turnovers in the playoffs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Ben said he was ready and waiting for Tomlin to put him back in to the game. Tomlin admits he could have come in “a series or two” sooner.

https://triblive.com/sports/-topsto...berger-leaves-game-vs-raiders-with-rib-injury

Tomlin screwed the pooch. Quit making excuses for him. He stinks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Mike as many times as it takes for you to understand

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    No that’s not guessing, that’s disrespect and arrogance. And that’s been a hallmark of Coach Tomlins career here.

He thought so little of the Raiders that he thought that he could go on the road against a 2-10 team and win with his backup even though his HOF QB was able to play.

He stinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And the beat goes on , and Tomlin can do no wrong. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Glad I am not the only one to notice :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    After a while, I just give up trying to talk sense. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't have blasted Tomlin in that situation. I was watching the game yelling for him to put Roethlisberger back in. I would never slam a coach for doing exactly what I thought he should do.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Let's not forget that he suffered the injury on the second-quarter drive that ended in the missed field goal, then came back out to lead the touchdown drive before the half.

20. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tomlin needs to go, but he's right about the same redundant stuff that's posted.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They already have rules that prohibit them from using it before and after game time. I'm sure they could impose fines and set guidelines for anything they post away from the field on their own time that causes a problem. The idea is to make them think before posting.

I'm not sure if Tomlin can outright tell Ben he has to shut his show down but he certainly can have a heart to heart with him and "encourage' him not to do it for the good of the team.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Didn't something happen with one of the locals either the Jets or maybe it was the Mets where they were told no one could go on WFAN. I remember something like that not too long ago.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh yeah, forgot about that, they hated Mike Francesa :lolol:

I think that happened after Revis got into it with him on the air. Mike used to rag on Ryan something fierce.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is life. Bad coaching decisions are part of life. That was clearly a very bad coaching decision, one of many that cost the Steelers a playoff berth this season. Roethlisberger jogged back out onto the field and he was moving just fine. He should have missed one drive. He missed four. That's all Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1