1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Art sums it up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 10, 2019.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m sure putting it into capitals will do the trick.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Be happy Art isn't like Jerry Jones :shrug:, at least Art doesn't hold a press conference after every game like Jerry does.

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He's probably jealous of JuJu IMO, I think JuJu led the team in receptions.

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Two issues:

1) Art will comtinue to own the team as long as he wants regardless of whether he meddles excessively or is completely hands off. Who's gonna change that? Art's not firing himself.

2). I reject the premise. I don't see much evidence that Art is too hands on. He seems, right or wrong, to let his football guys assemble and run the team. He doesn't get involved in personnel or strategy decisions. He's involved in contracts, but after all it is his money. On the list of meddling owners Art II is way down the list.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's the offseason, so no they can't.

6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Really? I mean, He's still under contract

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think Rooney needed to say The Steelers don't plan on releasing AB for every team in the league to know the Steelers don't plan on releasing AB.

8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    cool. Agree.

Actually my question was regarding what Brown was doing

9. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Stinks AB has been so good for us on the field and I don’t want to see another massively talented player leave or be traded.

I know his behavior has been terrible, but just Juju isn’t going to be enough, I don’t think. He’ll just get doubled. Who will Ben throw the ball too?

We can get another good receiver in the draft, but Ben will be retired in a couple years. You know who I would look at maybe bringing back? Martavis Bryant. He’s been terrible in Oakland and I’ll bet he’s realizing how good he had it in Pittsburgh.

I don’t think he’s terrible I think it’s just being on the Raiders. To me if AB is traded Bryant would be good as a second to Juju. I’m sure a lot of people won’t agree, but I think it would workout. Plus he’s way cheaper than AB. Plus he’s shown us how good he can be.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Bryant was banned from the league (again) in December.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Bryant's career is over whether he realizes it or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    MB is in "Strike 3" of the League's Substance Abuse Policy (indefinite ban).

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But he is team president so he has to get involved in personnel decisions to some degree. If you look at a lot of teams across the league, the owner isn't the president of the team. Yes they decide what direction they want their team and coach to go in but they really aren't involved in day to day operations. It may be a non issue and I might be contradicting myself at this point so I guess I'm just rambling. :smiley1: