1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Aditi Kinkwahbala

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Doesn’t really matter...the haters will hate.

Nobody has any idea what could of happened...Ben could have came back in and thrown a pick 6... to say you would of done this or that is Monday morning.

If the defense got one stop...if and if’s. Ben could have been hit again broke ribs...he could of came in an stunk. We have the luxury of what ifs...coaches don’t have that

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Get used to it :cool:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

He wont be around to much longer,, then what u gona do??...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't speak for Art Rooney :shrug:, I will continue to root for the team when Tomlin is gone duh. I was a fan of the team before him, and I will continue to be a fan when he's gone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    But we do know. He came back in for the 4th quarter and promptly went 6-for-6 with a TD. Prior to that, he was a mere 19-for-23 and 1 TD. All signs point to him probably throwing at least 1-2 more TD's and winning that game.

Not a hater, just a realist who knows how to take the goggles off and point out bad coaching when I see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks. For a second there I thought I imagined the whole thing. In hindsight it would of been better for Ben to not have come back in at all. It just opened a bigger can of worms....IMO

7. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Which seems to be the M.O. for this coaching staff right now. They can't make smart decisions and stick with them - and they can't get their stories straight when they make stupid mistakes like the Oakland fiasco.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Please. Just stop. That was on Tomlin. Coaches decide who plays when. Roethlisberger was ready to play. Tomlin didn't let him back in. That's on the coach, not the quarterback. There are so many legitimate reasons to criticize Roethlisberger. Stick to those rather than this sort of foolishness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not Monday morning quarterbacking if you are saying it from the moment he returned to the field, which is exactly what I was doing and so were others here. Roethlisberger is so far beyond Dobbs it isn't even funny. The offense scored two touchdowns and drove into position for two field goals on the final four drives that day with Roethlisberger. The offense did absolutely nothing except turn the ball over once in four possessions with Dobbs. Throw in the full resume and it is clear that sitting Roethlisberger was a huge mistake, one of many that ruined the Steelers' season.

10. Frick32

Frick32 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I guess my point is this...If Tomlin would have put Ben back in right away and if Ben came in a threw for 2 interceptions, people would have blasted Tomlin for bring him back when he Ben is clearly hurt.

I know it didn’t happen that way...Ben played great when he returned but you have to be honest and realize that since Ben did play great...it supports yours (and others) that he should have came right back in.

Tomlin is far from perfect; however Ben is also far from perfect...Ben had some stinker Qtrs, Half’s, and games...often we question which Ben will show. IF bad Ben showed up after the injury...you and I both know Tomlin would be blasted... if you are 100% honest.

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I laugh at all the people that get on fakebook and post that they are done with it and then you see them post again and again. Fakebook is good if it is used for the right things, I refuse to talk politics like so many do........

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

This is a very good post it is sad that many want to take out of this that Ben was not the reason we lost the Raider game instead of the fact you are making of how bad a leader he is. There is a reason why it took so long for him to be a captain and why isn't he the MVP every year? Ben will be Ben and we have seen that he win or lose with the good/bad Ben but to say Ben is a leader isn't true either. I take the players words for it and when we had high character guys like Farrior, Troy, Bus, Fanaca, Ward, Taylor etc and Ben not get voted captain says it all. Don't get me wrong I am not spill hate for Ben I am agreeing he is far from the leader many think. JMO

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Me too but at some point you have to realize we need a change. Let's see since our last SB a loss we have:

* a 3-5 playoff record
    * beating 2 backup QB's and a historic melt down to give us a come back win and couldn't score a TD in one of them for them 3 wins
    * missed the playoffs two of the years
    * lost to Tim Tebow
    * numerous off the field issues
    * embarrasses Steeler Nation trying to trip Jones on a return
    * loss after loss to sub .500 teams
    * I am sure I am forgetting more but these are just off the top of my head.......

People can talk regular season record all they want but playoffs is all that matters.......time for a change!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I got tired of my wife obsessing about everything I posted on Facebook so two months ago I just said heck with it and dumped it all. Never looked back. I'm less informed about what is happening with the extended family but no regrets.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Can't blame you I just choose not to deal with it, I use it to mostly post sports and camping/golf. Have lots of friend that left this one horse town and moved on that I like to stay in touch with. I just don't get myself into those bad situations....

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I did that as well but in the end said nope just don't need the hassle. My mobile data usage dropped dramatically since then too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm amazed it hasn't tanked after Zuckerberg was exposed for allowing users private messages to be read by third parties.

Would be a prime time for companies to try and introduce a new platform to compete with FB.

Didn't FB kill MySpace? Should be a company that could come along and kill FB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah Facebook didn't so much kill it bUT caused MySpace to refocus as less of a social media site to more of a spot for artists, bands, and aspiring musicians to get their name out there. Which is really sad since it was much more customizable and allowed people to express themselves more than facebook. Strangely it was through MySpace that the wife and I met and started dating.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ha, thats very cool. And I didn't know that about MySpace, thought it was gone completely.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It seems to be like crack to a whole lot of people.
    I never even signed up.:unsure:

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Except that you're leaving out the fact that Ben played great and lead the Steelers on a 9 play 54 yard touchdown drive, where he went 5 of 6 for 52 yards, to close out the first half.....after the supposed injury. So if Ben comes out and plays poorly in the second half, that's clearly on Ben playing poorly and not Tomlin playing him hurt.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    When Ben called out Martavis Bryant last year...Bryant came out and had a great game....and the masses cheered..."Ben knows how to light a fire under guys and it pays off" they said. What a difference a year makes.

HACK

• Like Like x 2
  23. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Here are reasons why Ben didn't go back into the game right away.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...etting-ben-roethlisberger-back-onto-the-field

24. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You win or lose with your best players. If Ben was able to throw, which he clearly was, then there was no reason to keep him from that game. Now if Ben was in a ton of pain and Dobbs was lighting it up, then of course you keep him out, but that wasn't the case. Ben was clearly able to play based on what he did once he returned to the game. It made no sense to keep him from that game

25. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1