1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Every new year brings a sense of excitement, expectations, predications...

But man, I think this year is goona be a blockbuster, in so many ways...

Will AB be here, if not...What did we get for him?

If the team falters, Is Tomlin gone/ flip side...If he does well...Extend him?

Bens about done, How much longer does he go and...Is the QB's on our roster the next starter?

Every year brings questions, But I think we can all agree, this offseason and season...Is gonna be different...

Come on draft already!

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    All I know is I'm gonna miss watching my stories till August

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Funny, watching the talking heads around the sports dial they're giddy about the pending downfall of this glorious franchise. It's almost like they're talking about about the Pittsburgh Pirates or something. Go Pens! :herewego:

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The way things are going, this year is going to be a repeat of last year or worse.
    The Steelers won't win their division and will be lucky to make the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I really think that if they can navigate through this AB situation the right way, they can recover overnight and be a stronger and better team next year. Or maybe Im just a homer putting a hopeful spin on a disaster?

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    That is why I do not watch the talking heads. They know zilch except gossip or any other garbage to fill up their time slot. Facts be damned. I stopped long ago when they devoted a disproportional time towards the Cowgirls regardless of what their record was. If there is a football God, the Rams will beat the living dog crap out of them tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m holding on to a slim hope that they miraculously patch things up enough to complete . It’s gonna take a lot more sacrifices ,that they might not be willing to make . If I was a betting man I would bet on your take.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I saw a lot of them predict we were done because they had never heard of a team talking about another players money and calling him out for that like almost the whole team did WEEK 1. Ben sadly pointed to leveon as the reason the season went the way it went. Maybe they do know something.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I can't believe within a years time the team has lost who the players in the nfl voted as the 2nd and 5th best players in the nfl respectfully. Incomprehensible.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They played their best when they had a chip on their shoulders about Bell . Once that train ran out of steam. Where did the leadership and motivation come from? Not where it was supposed to I can tell you that...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They looked bad after every situation involving him. The first 2 weeks vs the browns and chiefs. Then after they cleaned out his locker that's when midseason downfall started.

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    let's take it on the chin for the next two years, especially that second year, get the #1 pick and get that kid QB from Clemson and rise again.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With proper moves, Steelers can compete with anybody. Rooney's
    need to change the way they do certain things. Here is hoping they make
    these changes to be able to compete going forward.

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As well as the cheats losing. Then I can rest.

The leadership was to busy winning press conferences and burning the midnight oil with the book "Clichés for Dummies"