1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Art sums it up

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Joe Greene has said he walked out and was ready to quit. It is in his "A Football Life" story. He was in his car and was hoping somebody cared enough to come get him. And somebody did. The problem is I don't think AB will listen to anyone.

2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It seems AB always has been a diva a long time, but to me AB has some deep mental issues more so in the last couple of years. He has changed big time. Almost seems like home, family anxiety problems along with some anger issues, he even changed how he looks with his hair and look in his eyes. If you would not know any better he looks like he is on some medications or drugs. I'm almost surprised the Steelers don't try to get him some help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    What gets me about this guy (AB), is that he signed a contract. That means he got what he wanted at the time, so live with it. Don't go complaining that you aren't happy, or that you aren't getting the ball more, or that you have no leverage (that post kills me, btw). You don't see management going to him complaining about his endzone celebrations. So, suck it up, buttercup.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, the really strange thing to me is that now Rooney appears to be bringing the discussion to the media, just like AB has done.

I'll tell you, as a boss..... when one of my people does something wrong at work or home they get ONE phone call from me. Their response, timeliness, humbleness, etc affects whether or not I show any leniency. If Brown hadn't reached out to Rooney or vice versa at this point, I don't really know what they are thinking. Personally I would have had him in my office first thing Monday morning. I can't see how Rooney, as an owner, can be so laid back with one of his top earning employees.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They can't even get in touch with him let alone get him into their office. To me, this is Rooneys way of saying you better reach out to us and see if we can work past this or you're gone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    You are so right, as an owner or boss you can not be so laid back. This is true as a football player, coach, or owner

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I've been saying/ posting this for awhile now...Something seems off with him, Way off

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Rooney is doing the smart thing. He's making sure teams know they aren't getting Brown for nothing and he's leaving the door open for him to return if they can't get fair value in a deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Being his Boss...Can't the Steelers DEMAND he come in to see them?

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ok antonio we will give you juju's team MVP trophy. we love you, you are the best, now get back in here and play nice. you can tweet and won't have to talk to ben. there all is well again. ;):cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure they can require anything of Brown until offseason minicamps, but something along the lines of show up on time and if you ever pull that kind of crap again we will find out how much boomin' you can do from the bench while we fine you.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not sure if these exit meeting are a part of his contract before he finishes this year, but not returning the owners phone calls can't be a normal way of doing business. i'm sure there are some season ending requirements. maybe some loophole breach of contract stuff. i don't know. :cool:

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He kinda reminds me of T.O in that aspect both have deep demons from their childhood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Does he have demons or is he just a selfish jackass?

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The only problem that would arise with that is if AB requests a trade, holdouts out of camp, and if he does ultimately show up just is such a distraction that the team had no choice but to get rid of him akin to jimmy butler(and I didnt mean to compare an NFL and nba guy but that was the most recent scenario that came to mind in regards to a situation like that). If its clear AB wants out that will definitely hurt his trade value especially since we already see now what the ripple effects of his actions as well as others have done to the franchise.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont know the full details of it but he was homeless as a teenager. Also his dad, who people called the greatest arena football player ever, wasn't around in a large portion of his upbringing.

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Both

19. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That's what I was thinking (breach of contract) - but I'm sure the NFLPA would have a cow over it.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Funny they are both really good friends. Name a more cancerous loser duo.

21. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I’m fairly confident AB will be traded soon.

22. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I hope Art knows what he is doing leaving the door open to return and the trade option.

Tomlin should have put a lid on this a long time ago and when Brown basically quit on his team Tomlin should have had the balls to suspend him for the last game and asked or told him to leave the stadium.

Unless there is something going on in Browns life that has caused this change I don't see how you can welcome him back. If he does come back and says the right things ( scripted by his agent ) how can we ever trust him not to act up again.

I don't understand how some people come from nothing and achieve greatness and fame and wealth and are not able to understand how blessed they are.

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I ignored that notion for a while. Especially after how reluctant they were to let go off bell but they will trade him. He's passive aggressively making it clear that he wants out.

24. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Well, that's relative.... the soonest it could happened is March 13th

25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Just re-watching the Steeler and Saints game on NFL station. Ben and AB were on fire at times. If AB is traded which he probably should be, it would going to take some time to replace that chemistry with Ben. They truly have something special especially after Ben scrambles and AB gets open. You see that time after time, he will be missed in the passing game, even more then Bell was missed in the running game. Such a shame of talent just being stupid.