1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    It's all good man just ignore some need to be right all the time and have to be sarcastic about it.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's called minding your own business King of Trolls. Sorry if I offended part of your tag team. Get back to me the first time you post anything of substance around here. I've actually made the mistake of sticking up for you. Thanks for showing your true colors....or whatever color a TROLL is. I don't block people because I'm not scared and I can defend myself when I need to unlike you. WHO? Yeah that would be you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    so what you're saying is... if you can't take an ass kicking you ignore them. haha that's actually smart advice... too bad you can't see this post :D

I kid everyone lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah he's a nosy little guy....

5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Aren’t the Steelers a big enough volcano of ****, that we need to step over y’all’s steamy little piles too?

Not taking sides here, but please. Take it to PM, use the Ignore feature already, or—I dunno—be the bigger man. Please?

6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Latest yip yap on Brown is he wants to stay with the team, but if the Steelers got the right offer, they could trade him.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I expect him back. Not sure I want him back, but I expect him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Hope they can work something out-if there is commitment to team first and these antics stop . This whole thing has been very disappointing to me. Been a Steelers fan since 2008, but really started following them closely the past 4-5 years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ooooo kaaaaay. You're 100% right. I'll be the bigger man.....shouldn't be too hard. Sorry I couldn't resist. I won't use the block feature but I am sort of a blockhead,so I will just ignore. Just tell them guys to stop picking on me :beg:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I mean...

Isn't this thread supposed to be about AB and what to do with him?!

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well.................yeah..........I'm sorry.:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sense of humor much?

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe Ben's criticism of Washington worked, in the season finale against the Bengals Washington caught a 47 yd pass, Ben said that was the same play he dropped against Denver when JW laid out and dropped it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Or maybe Ben threw better balls....and not to the other team and we won.........:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That ball was catchable that he threw to JW in Denver, JW misjudged it and laid out for it for some reason :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes when I actually find things funny. It doesn't matter. A wise man(Clive) asked for us to step up and be the " bigger man" and that's the route I'm gonna take . It's up to the rest of you if you want to join but the things I won't tolerate is people talking down to me and people who won't mind their own business . I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were joking but at the same time I don't appreciate you jumping in on my confrontation with someone who has made it a habit to talk down to me. This isn't the first time I told him I don't appreciate his tone but he doesn't seem to care.I'm pretty sure you don't appreciate it being done to you. You said you were joking so I apologize that I didn't take it that way. Only you know the truth.....

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Holy cow bro settle down a little bit. You seemed to be getting so worked up all I was trying to do was lighten the mood up a little bit.
    As far as minding my own business. You’re on a forum and if you don’t want people to respond you guys maybe should have a private conversation?

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The first one against Denver was a pretty good throw but the one in Cincy was a perfect throw. The same exact ball in Denver and I believe Washington runs right under it like he did on the second one. You can't say that I guess what Ben did worked and point to a handful of catches to prove a point. There are too many other variables and factors involved. Washington has been doing the same exact thing practically his whole life. He simply misjudged the ball in Denver,that's it. Maybe it was more repetition in practice or maybe just simply doing what he was drafted to do. I'm just wondering if Ben will get all the credit from this point on for everything JW does in his career?

• Like Like x 2
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Cmon Glenn I know you're smarter than that. You know exactly what I mean about minding your business . I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Don't try and flip this on me.

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Says the guy sitting on a message board. If everything is catchable then explain to me the easy drops? Nothing is catchable and especially a long pass like that. Pretty funny JW caught the one that was slightly thrown behind him a few games later.

21. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Quoth Ben:

"Yes, he's a rookie, but you're not going to be out there if you're not going to make those plays for us," Roethlisberger said, adding "He needs to have confidence in himself,. When you have trust and confidence in yourself, you use your hands and you catch the ball. I felt like when he jumped and dove, whatever you want to call it, it showed a lack of confidence in himself and his hands."

I don't call that ragging on him, I call it a veteran telling a rookie to get out of his own head. But just my opinion, I suppose.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Definitely a opinion based topic. I still don't see how it helps build confidence by saying it on the radio. I'm pretty sure a arm around the shoulder and maybe some extra attention paid in practice would of had greater benefit. I don't think that's the entirety of the quote. There were some other words I recall him saying that put a greater emphasis on the fact that a rookie made a mistake. Like I said everyone is entitled to his opinion but go back and look at Washingtons comments. I took them as him being less than thrilled. The news coming out of the locker room the last few days also seems to paint a negative image on Ben's weekly radio comments as well. Everyone is entitled to feel however they want about it. It's just a little more evidence points to it being more of a problem than not. But hey that's why we're here,right?

23. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree, it's in the eye of the beholder. But I think it's also a difference between someone taking that as an insult vs what was (probably) intended, which was "tough love".

I didn't mean to leave out the rest of it, but here it is:

"He has to make it," Big Ben said Monday during his weekly appearance on 93.7 The Fan, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I just think he didn't trust his hands. For some reason, he jump/dove. I'm not really sure what he was doing. We look at it (on film), and coach got on him pretty good yesterday. We took a long, hard look at it. James needs to run through that, and it's a touchdown."

As for the "why" he did it on the radio. That's Ben, I suppose. He was asked a question, and he answered it. If I were in Washington's position, I have a thick enough skin to take it as "Wow, a veteran just gave me some insights as to why my rookie season isn't all that I expected. Point taken." I also recall Washington pretty much agreeing with Ben's comments and taking them for what they were. (Not that he really had a choice, a rookie stirring up crap with his veteran QB wouldn't go over well either).

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I appreciate the effort you made to get the full quote. I just have no desire to go through it again. There is a sentence or two that I take as being a little too critical over one bad play It wasn't the best attempt by Washington I will say that. At the same time he put a awful lot of emphasis on a rookies mistake. That's just how I see it. Others opinions may vary. Again evidence seems to point to it being a issue. His comments were highly publicized at the time and some of the fall out is now becoming evident. Even though it seems like it. I didn't create the story:smiley1:

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Looking at that quote, I guess if JW is ultra sensitive, Ben could have left out "Im not really sure what he was doing there" and "Coach got on him pretty good". The rest I really can't find any fault with.

As I've said before, I'm sure Ben, Tomlin, Drake and anybody else have been talking to him in private and encouraging him all season. Ben finally tried a different approach. I'm not buying the coincidence excuse, results speak for itself.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.