1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who’s Running This Circus ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Who in fact is running the Steelers please step up. Tomlin is announcing the moves but is he making the calls. This makes no sense for Tomlin to make any announcements. Any other team or sport the GM or President puts out a statement not the coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What moves are you talking about? The team put out a statement when they let Saxon and Porter go.

4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    From what I can see the players run the team. As long as you are good enough, you can do whatever you want.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Then why didn't AB play against the Bengals?:shrug:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You know what. If you are a Tomlin defender, that is fine. That is your opinion. But when a player goes AWOL from the team for nearly a week, and the guy who is supposed to be in charge covers it up by claiming injury, then that means your players are running the show. Of course AB didn't play. He missed the whole week and showed up Sunday after no communication. Even Tomlin wasn't dumb enough to let him dress. Tomlin is nothing more than an enabler at this point. His star players get away with whatever they want. My prediction is that these sorts of things will begin coming more and more common place with other players. I am convinced more than ever that the drama surrounding this team will not be over until Tomlin is gone. The Steelers are an asylum, and the inmates run it.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I have no idea why but I actually spit out coffee laughing at this

• Like Like x 2
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin didn't claim AB had a injury, the player said he had a injury and he told him to get a MRI, how is that covering it up?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I hate to say this or even think this but it may be a possibility that Tomlin is a puppet and the sh*tshow runs deeper than we think.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Why are all those dudes whizzing?

Or are they trying to look like the elephants?
    ;):hehehe:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I've always wondered that as well. Art Rooney may be more Jerry Jones-like than you think.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Colbert is the puppet master and Tomlin is the puppet. I've been saying this for years. Colbert does all of the drafting and tell Tomlin to work with them. Every year .... Tomlin is going right along with the draft. Saying all the right things to keep his job. Cowher, went through the same thing but cowher told the owners that it will be ... me or him. But, one of us has to go. They chose cowher

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I think the opposite...Tomlin knows his Ass is red hot, This is a make or break season...NOW, He's gonna try NOT to be Buddy Buddy and put his foot down...

It's like being a parent a telling lil Johnny he can do or say whatever he wants..Until it affects you...Then you are gonna go all hard Ass on him...Then he laughs at you, and gives you the middle finger...

That's what I forsee ( hope I'm wrong ) He's enabled this ****show environment, And he's gonna be a disciplinarian with players he's been more of " one of the guys " with...

Hope I'm wrong...But can't see it working

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    And in other news:

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  15. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Not totally disagreeing, but I can relate a parenting example that’s pretty on-point. I’d set a disciplinary line with my son over his first decade of life. I got some great insight into kids and their development, and I shifted the line. There was an ... adjustment period ( :eek: ). For both of us. But I was able to consistently hold the new line, and he adjusted pretty quickly.

I’m hoping if I can do it with a tween boy, Tomlin can do it with his players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Wrong, Cowher had a problem with Donahoe, not Colbert.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, there’s plenty to be irate about with Tomlin, but I wonder how tied his hands are in disciplining star players by decisions from above.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yep...Players also have to realize the country club atmosphere isn't working...Do you want to be great...Or is 9-7 ( lil above average ) good enough...The new norm!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    That's who he was referring to I think. After that I would say Colbert was Cowher's puppet.

20. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018

21. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    I think Tomlin does not have final
    Sat on who’s hired or fired or drafted. I do wonder though how much he is involved in the defense

22. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Things just started to go sideways when Art II took over. The Arians 'retirement' was a sign of things to come I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Tomlin should have had the balls to suspend him for the game and set an example, if he wanted to suspend Brown for quitting on his team and was overruled by someone above him then that is even more messed up then I expected.

Discipline if there is any at all on this team should solely be at the discretion of the head coach, the only way I see someone overruling is if a co-ordinator wanted to discipline a player he would inform the head coach but I doubt he would not be given permission if the player had done what AB did.

Tomlin screwed it up every way he could, is there no repercussions for going AWOL no fine no suspension.

24. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah. That was a huge red flag. Arians clearly wasn't retiring so I don't know why this team felt the need to claim he was. They should have called it what it was, he was being fired. The Steelers for some stupid reason are reluctant to use that word these days.

Just because a guy has the same name doesn't mean he's going to operate the team in the same way as his family members did. He's clearly not outspoken like Jerry Jones is, but he is ultimately responsible for this **** show and he has allowed the GM and coaches to get away with it for far too long. Not to mention him overruling Tomlin on assistant head coaches.

This team has become a mess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    There's just no way he can't sit players. He's the head coach. I would be absolutely shocked if it isn't written right into his contract that he has final authority on who plays. That's literally his job. The hiring and firing of assistants if the responsibility of many coaches, but it's not always their call. But when it comes to who sits and who plays, that is literally the authority of every coach in the league. Even a no name coach like Ben McAdoo was allowed to Bench Eli for a garbage, backup QB.

• Agree Agree x 1