1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't care about the Pro Bowl either, I don't think anything was wrong with his knee when he was told to get a MRI.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's still you. I'm pointing out that you are posting like a hypocrite and a fraud.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This right here Ben is a good QB but he is no freakin leader. I will say he did make the right comments when it came to AB, so maybe there is hope........

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So they should never say anything negative? Was DeCastro wrong in saying the team was "sleepwalking?"

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Still sounds like whining to me....good bye

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hear a lot that Ben is very good with taking the younger players under his wing. Mason not withstanding. Different set of circumstances there that he handled poorly, IMO.

Leading is not just how you talk to the media. And even Aditi said that she wasn’t saying his method isn’t effective, she wasn’t judging that, just that some players don’t like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed there is so much we don't know I can only base my opinion on what others say and what actions we have seen. Ben is solid I am not totally knocking him but I will knock him. His whole career he has had issues with talking to the media(which I feel is his weak point) from all the way back with BC about injuries to now under MT with his comments about Washington. Me personally hated what he did to Washington but that's just me, however I liked what he said about AB. There is good and bad in Ben and we don't get to see it all, but I will say this how many times did Brees call out his rookie WR Smith? Or how many times has Brady talked in public about his wr's....or Rogers, Rivers, Ryan? The list goes on I am not killing Ben but IMO he needs to shut down his show and I think a lot of this goes away. :smiley1:

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You already know that I agree with that. She emphasized multiple,multiple sources inside the locker room that weren't very happy with what he did. It doesn't sound like just a player or two. Maybe like she said that Ben may have thought he needed to step up and say something because the coach wasn't . Still doesn't excuse taking it to the media or maybe that is Ben's idea of being a leader. If that's his idea then maybe he should take classes on it. She said she can't speak to why Ben felt he needed to do something. She had no opinion herself on whether it was effective or not . In fact she never even used the word. The bottom line is he says a lot of things that shouldn't or don't need to be said and it's been that way his whole career. Like I've said before its Cowher who gave him the name Drama Queen ,so it's nothing new.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think Ben is getting a bad rap about his Washington comments. I read them as being positive, giving him encouragement to step up his game and learn from his mistakes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben "Our team needs to step up, we need leaders in order to go further in our journey".

also Ben: "why draft a qb now?"

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, Ben has his faults, it's not like I never knock him. I just don't agree that he is a terrible leader. Some of the things he says are really benign to me, if his teammates feels are getting all hurt, maybe they should develop thicker skin. What I consider being thrown under the bus is what some of the lineman said about Bell. Ben has never said anything that bad.

Definitely should shut the show down, Tomlin should insist on it and also lay some ground rules for social media. Both cause too much drama.

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    :rolleyes:

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So now I know what whining looks like. Thanks. Good bye....

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    cmon guys relax lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Of course you do. Just look in the mirror and watch yourself as you speak or type.

"Roethlisberger didn't practice that one Wednesday! He said things that weren't nice about his teammates!"

[​IMG]

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben tries to lead, god bless him. It's just that he has some puzzling methods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm quite relaxed and amused.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This is absolutely fair. Roethlisberger is capable of some terrible decisions on the field and off it.

The scapegoating here just gets a little out of hand on occasion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Anyone out there that can help me with a little problem with my computer? Every time I click on a certain post of mine I get this" whining " noise. It's hard to explain and it's odd that it only happens on a specific post and not any of the others. I think the best way to" accurately " describe it is, while it's basically insignificant,it is kind of annoying.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I did not take it like that, not sure why he had to do that to a young guy. Here is my feeling at that point I think Washington was targeted 25 times and had 8 receptions. I have not been able to find clips on each 25 targets but how many of them were easy catchable balls and how many were bad throws? I would like to watch these again just to figure that out but like in the big thread at that time nobody could point me to that film they just wanted to stick up for Ben while he banged on Washington. And yeah that was after Ben's big 2 int game so let's not forget about that.

I am not saying Ben shouldn't coach the kid up cause he damn well better be doing that all I am saying is if your gonna call out your rookie WR over one pass I am gonna call you out on that. Let's also not forget not many wr's in this league are going to make that catch anyways that was a long pass. Maybe the average joe shmoe sitting on the couch or message board is gonna tell ya he should have had it but if it was that easy I am pretty sure you wouldn't be sitting on the couch or message board, right?

Now Ben had a choice he went after Washington, but I will tell you what go back to the Washington thread and see my facts cause I am not sure the exact numbers but at that point I do believe AB's catch % was like in the 50's and he was the most targeted WR. Also how many easy passes did Vance and Juju have and not one word from Ben. Yeah I like the Washington kid but that don't change my thought process, if you want to rip a kid who had limited chances fine I don't . jmo :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Right I agree and I am not saying he is a terrible leader I am just saying he has flaws as one and we all do. I am by no means knocking Ben on this I am just saying he isn't perfect and has some say in some of the problems around here. I like Ben and have said many times there aren't many QB's that I would take on this team over him. You have to take the good Ben with the Bad Ben on and off the field I guess lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah it’s called ignore button. @Formerscribe has been pretty much kicking your ass. If you can’t take it just put them on your ignore list. Have a great day!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Simple - neither of them are rookies, and are proven at this point. No need for Ben to come out and give them the "tough talk" that he did for Washington. This all stems from the play where Ben, and everyone else in the world, saw that Washington made a goof on an easy 6. Ben works with Washington all week long, so I'm certain that he has a little more insight into what he thought the youngster needed to get his mind right about overthinking things.

Again, you need to re-read the quotes from Ben about Washington. I think you're misremembering what was said and how it was intended. It was not malicious at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I wish we had a agree and disagree button lol. I agree about the part of JW being a rook but I disagree with your thinking it was an easy 6. I will go back tonight and read them quotes again maybe I am or did take them wrong.......don't really matter all in the past right.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.