1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Aditi Kinkwahbala

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Shes been covering the Steelers since 2012 so she's well connected with the whole organization. She gave a VERY interesting and VERY insightful interview with Peter King on his podcast the other day. Worth every second of the 23 minutes.

Starts at 19:45

https://art19.com/shows/the-mmqb-podcast-with-peter-king

And please mods don't lump this in with the generic AB thread. It really deserves to stand alone (and why I titled it as such).

• Like Like x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I caught a brief thing by her last week. She said something to the effect of “tomlin is done covering for Antonio Brown”. She didn’t expand on how he’s been covering for him which I found frustrating to say the least.

3. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    She explains some in the interview.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm just impressed you spelled her name right :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I thought AB & Ben were covering for Tomlin's ineptitude?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    WOW!:eek: I have to say I love Aditi. She is fantastic at her job and I always enjoy her analysis. This interview is a tell-all about what is going on in the Steelers locker-room. A senior ranking Steeler official said the "fish rots from the head" in regards to ArtII. Aditi characterized the difference between the Steelers and Ravens locker room as night and day. She has never seen a locker room more together and more committed to their head coach than the Ravens. This thing is far worse than any of us even realize. This is definitely worth a listen. Great insight into why the Steelers are a mess.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  7. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Solid. Just hope she doesn't loose access over this :-(

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

That was pretty damning. Not just about AB, but Ben as well.

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Actually she didn’t say that. She said the players were committed to one another and had each other’s backs. Then mentioned two players by name that raved about hairball.

10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I cheated, of course. Looked at the scroll on the podcast.

11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I was paraphrasing. What you just said and what I said are fairly close. No?

12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Not really.

The more I think about her interview the more bothered by the comments I am about AR2.

13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone can go into the steelers locker room and obtain information. Heck, why go through all the trouble ... just ask any player and they will tell all. This so called organization has become a joke. I Never thought that I would see the day. It hurts and its embarrassing ... to see All of the Greats of this Great franchise.... to see this happening ... smh

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hmmm ...so maybe Ben calling people out on the radio was a big problem amongst his teammates and in the locker room after all. I think she used the words disruptive and disheartening. Who would of thought?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I said it all season Art wasnt running his football team as well as his dad and granpa, Aso seems to be a Bigger knock on Tomlin then AB in this podcast.... lil tidbit AB wasnt areasted when he was caught speeding , IMO They won't trade AB

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Tomlin has created this ****show...Buddy Buddy...And as I have mentioned many times, Rooney is gutless...NOW, They wanna get tough...The lockeroom is shattered...the mindset, the culture...players don't have ANY respect for Tomlin...You think it's gonna change next year now...lmao, ya ok

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why would AB get arrested for speeding? He probably got a ticket, like most drivers would.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Aditi has been known to lie about the Steelers, so I wouldn't believe everything she has to say about them. She has been trying to stir up crap all season long, she had some BS tweet after the season, then Steelersdepot called her out on it telling her she's better than that with her sloppy reporting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think every Steeler fan here should listen to this. It's even worse than we thought it was and it starts at the top. I am bothered by this Rooney's management style and Tomlin is who we thought he is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Do you believe what Tomlin says?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

She said in that podcast he was arrested, she prob just misspoke

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't get Art II. He stepped in and forced Arians out. Stepped in and brought Haley here. Stepped in and forced DL out. So it's not like he's adversed to asserting himself so why the hands off approach to Tomlin? Maybe some good can come from this, not just Kings interview with Aditi but all the national attention being drawn to the dysfunction of the team. Wake up call for Art maybe.

We can hope that Ben and AB grow up and start behaving like adults and that Tomlin starts holding people accountable but IMO, either Tomlin or AB has to go to fix it. Really should be Tomlin, I just don't see how he can regain any authority over that locker room after how he has mismanaged it for so long. New voice definitely needed.

What a mess.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think what she said about AB not being the best at any one thing but being a great improviser is really interesting. Ben being maybe the best improvising QB ever is the perfect combo for their
    “ magic”. She’s essentially saying AB may not be as great w any QB besides Ben. Fair point

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Should not have been a problem calling anyone out IF he did( which i dont think he did, IMO) Ben is a 2 time SB champion he has the right to call someone out if he wants .. no one else on the team can say that !!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not really sure what her point was with AB's route running. AB runs great routes, you hear him complimented on it all the time. So is her point more that he improvises because he and Ben are so in synch? Thats kind of what I got when she used Brady as an example, saying that he would tell AB no, be where you are supposed to be. I'm sure he can do that, just has that special connection with Ben.

• Agree Agree x 2