1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The good news

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Jan 7, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    that and the turnovers. No turnovers and we win, well maybe because we couldnt stop A rod lol. I wasn't angry that SB because i felt we would be back. Oh boy

2. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Jackson at QB is who got them in the playoff, so I can see why they kept him in. Flacco was rusty, not used to the speed of the game and just recovered from an injury. He hasn't played in a long time so for him to just pop up off the bench and come in is asking a lot from him especially with the great pass rush the Chargers had. I think Jackson was sacked 7 times and as slow as Flacco is how many times would they have sacked him.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    browns are browns they will be competitive but I don't think they are a 10 win team lol. Bengals are the new browns and Ravens can be beat. Worst case is sweep bengals, split the rest and hope we beat the bad teams.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Most teams had a hard time playing the Ravens because they went all in on the running game and RPO with Jackson. Teams really didn't know how to attack it until the Browns stacked the box left a safety high and played both the RB and Jackson. The Chargers built on that putting 3 safeties in at LB and letting the front four get pressure while the Safeties flew to the ball carrier. They forced Jackson to try and beat them throwing the ball. Flacco would have had more success hitting short routes and working their vaunted PI game.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ravens had a great defense this year. They allowed 287 points the whole year, Bears let 283. Both went home yesterday.

At the end of the day in the playoffs it's often the QB that needs to carry you. Trubisky actually didn't play bad.

Lamar Jackson played well in the 4th qt but was horrid the other 3. I've never seen a QB fumble so much.

He better take care of that, or his future Ravens QB status might not be for long.

I think Flacco is going to be the Jags QB next year. Take it to the bank.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Nah. Chargers were dominating Ratbirds O-line all day. When the Ratbirds were scoring late, it was because they were playing back. When the game got close at the end, they went back to the pass rush and that ended the game with the turnover as they blew through the O-line. If Flacco came in, he would have had no time. I think Harbaugh reasoned the only hope was his running QB because the O-line was being dominated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Hard to say...The Rats changed their whole offensive philosophy ( all teams with the running QB do )...If Bert is in there I believe they go more 4-5 wide, spread O...

Compared to high school, 2 RB's 2 TE's ..run 1st mentality

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It is extremely hard to win a S.B. without a good or great QB, especially with today`s rules. The defense would have to be unusually great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I have my diehard fan beliefs, do not shatter them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Flacco hasn't played a playoff game in 4 years .He also hasn't played football at all in a while. I would agree under normal circumstances, but the Chargers had 7 DB's in most of the time and we're dominating the Ravens Oline. Jackson had no time to even think and also had nowhere to throw due to all the guys in coverage. That's tough to compete against.

I'm not defending Jackson here at all, he has severe limitations, but I also happen to think Flacco sucks and wouldn't have fared any better with how terrible that Oline was playing

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I’m not sure about the order from above, but I do wonder if Hairball didn’t want to bring the chaos and drama associated with that decision. The comeback made his decision look good.

Flacco to the Redskins I suspect

12. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Be careful, all the Ben haters will crucify you for that. They think we could have won 10 or more with either Dobbs or Rudolph

13. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    someone saved 15% on car insurance?

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Shaping up to be a very good offense for one of the new football league teams next year -Flacco/Landry Jones, AB, Bell, what a dream team. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm sorry but Lamar Jackson is RG III 2.0. He will either spend multiple games injured or he will try to be a pocket passer and he isn't. He may get a little better with decision making but you can't coach accuracy. I got to watch the wildcard game and my buddy recorded the Browns game for me, he may get better during the offseason but I don't believe it will be much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Look at the teams left in the playoffs. Imo Brady is the sixth best of the eight. Yeah, you need a qb to go to the Super bowl and win it.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'd say Cleveland will soon have best QB in AFC North.

18. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The bad news .... the Ravens know how to draft defensive players and that defense isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They will still be a thorn in our side for years to come.

19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    When did two interceptions become known as pretty good?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Eric Weddle retiring does not assist us either. Baltimore does have some options. Two of them stick out to me. They are as follows:

1. Sign Earl Thomas.
    2. Draft Deionte Thompson

Either or corrects that void in Baltimore's secondary. For that matter, it again becomes a strength. That being said, so long as Lamar Jackson is the Quarterback, the Ravens are going to be what they were from 2001-2007; elite defense but little to no offense.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not when you consider that the Chargers went into prevent. As soon as it got close, they started playing again and shut him down.

If they had played 60 minutes, not sure Jackson gets 50 yards passing.

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    a weak division can help :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    They had an answer but they saved it for the Patriots the following season hahaha.

24. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Not to mention failing to convert on 2nd and 5, 3rd and 5 and, yes, 4th and 5.

25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So with Jackson being the man and seeing how well the Chargers did playing with 3 safeties, does that mean we will be drafting 2 more safeties this year.........:hehehe::hehehe::hehehe:

• Like Like x 1