1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The good news

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The Ratbirds are committing to Lamar Jackson as their QB for the franchise. I say it is good news because he is like Mike Wallace, a "one trick pony" .

Don't get me wrong, the guy is super athletic but running QBs don't last long, and he has some major accuracy problems and isn't close to consistent.

If teams can keep him contained and force him to throw they will be lucky to score more than 14pts a game, he is not an NFL level QB, sorry.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Them committing to Lamar Jackson means 1 less team to worry about in the AFC North.. Couldn't be happier

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, but leave it up to the Steelers defense to make this guy look like the 2nd coming of Michael Vick in his prime. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Them committing to him yesterday should get Harbaugh fired!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    as long as we have butler then yeah i agree

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This. At this point, we don't have the personnel to account for him (spy).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    No we don't. Shazier was perfect for this role. We have nobody close to Shazier's abilities and probably won't for a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually thought that Harbaugh not putting Flacco in could cost him his job, I can't believe he kept him on the bench.

But then I realized, that order probably came from above. Under no circumstances do you bench Jackson. He's our QB of the future.

If thats the case, I'm giddy. Tebow part 2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    From his post game press conference comments that wasnt just Harbaugh. Seems to be that the whole organization is behind Lamar.

10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Hate to say this, but Ravens probably win that game with Flacco starting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Idk what he will develop into. The tools are all their he just needs to polish his game. If he is willing to put the work in he definitely can be good. I saw throught the games he played that he can indeed throw. He's just very inconsistent.

12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Jackson can throw accurately, but his timing is way off. He's either too late or too early on intermediate throws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Surprised by all the Flacco love around here. Flacco sucks. He's always been mediocre but he's regressed. Jackson is the only reason the Ravens even made it into the playoffs. And it's not like Jackson had anytime at all. The Chargers had 7 DB's on the field most of the game and they were still collapsing the pocket quickly.

I don't think Jackson is going to turn out to be much, but Flacco wouldn't have done much in that game. Flacco is all about the deep ball, but there was no time for whoever was back there.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's why I said inconsistent and a lot of that can be credited to the fact he didnt practice with the 1s until late in the year. Let's see what he does with a full offseason of playing with and developing chemistry with eh first team receivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I kept thinking why wouldn't they put Flacco in the game, at least he can pass the ball. Jackson is not a good QB and will get exposed next year, good for us. If only we could've gotten in we would of killed SD.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    playoff flacco = playoff eli

he's pretty good. 25 td's 10 int 88 rating and he can go toe to toe with a brady led patriots team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    killed SD? based on what? our ability to blow each and every game lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Simple, based on our ability to come up with another game plan - since SD would have most likely adjusted to the one we were beating them with.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Flacco love??? :puking2:

No love but when you're -2 yards passing going into the 4th Qtr and have a SB MVP QB sitting on your bench that knows a thing or two about playoff football, the smart move is to put him in.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Flacco has proven to be much better vs. Patriots than Roethlisberger ever has. Ben's record vs. the best QBs is not good at all.... Rodgers, Brees, Brady.

Yes, Flacco is terrible more often than not in the regular season, but he's a good playoff QB.

Also, Harbaugh/Flacco beat 2 HOF QBs en route to Super Bowl title in 2012. Something Tomlin/Roethlisberger could never do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I agree but...I have never heard ( NFL wise ) starting a QB the last 10 games and winning and then going into the playoffs ...and then benching said QB for another one because of matchup...

I agree with you but...If he did that...He would have been scrutinized 10x's harder

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Correct. Idk his record vs manning but the only time he's outplayed a big time qb was when he outplayed Warner in the sb. Other than that he's been outplayed by the other guys. That's why I always say I have him a tier under the top tier guys.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    playoff Ben ain't that good. He was fantastic in 2005 vs cincy/colts/broncos then bad ben showed up and the defense/running game took him home. ben wasnt great in 2008 but again defense and elite ben showed up at the end. 2010 was a clustermuck but at least we made it. Hero Ben died that day

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ben played pretty good in that 2010 SB that was just peak Rodgers playing on another level. We had no answer for him he was making unbelievable throws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    They now have no choice but to move on without Flacco...Elephant in the room type thing now...It's obvious they have committed to Jackson, so commit to him..

I'm sure there are some Ravens fans this morning, blowing up their message boards...Thinking of days days gone past, and Unibrow, and his 2 Super Bowls...And how could they!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1