1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect trade scenario for Antonio Brown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I think AB has at least three years of high-level play in him, which would get him to the end of his contract.

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Thats peanuts for a WR of his caliber...By caliber I mean, quite possibly, the 2nd best WR OF ALL TIME...SOMEONE will pay...Whichever team does..The fanbase will be supercharged, that's how big this dude is, and that's what teams want... ...SOMEONE will step up, always does, always will...The greed takes over...It's as bad as the players...

They officially say no, then...How about this...How about that...He will be dealt, and we will get a fair price...Bank on it!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He is absolutely. But of course the jury is still out on moore just like it is for almost every player after 1 season. After next yr then we can probably decide that but it's still too early to write him off. And yupp I think ne would give him a look as well but of course we wouldnt trade anyone to them especially a player of his caliber.

4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Screw what's best for him. I want him in the worst possible situation for him that yields us the highest return.

Scenario 5 is the best. I'd take a Top 5-10 1st and a 3rd for him at the very least.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers fans are funny. AB scores during a game "OMG, did you see that, AB is a beast! Best WR!" When discussing trade value, Steelers fans be like, naa, 4th rd maybe :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I don't think the offense missing AB had anything to do with that dismal performance. I really do think this AB stuff had gotten into their collective heads. They seemed out of sync . AB is great but I would rather suffer the consequences of a worse offense then to have any team player causing distractions and the chemistry of the team. Let's get back to Steeler football.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ramsey wouldn't be a good locker room guy here, also his rookie contract will be up soon, he will be seeking a big contract. Give me Peterson instead, he still has at least 2 more years on his contract, then if he sucks they won't be on the hook for a large contract.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why not?

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And then stay on the field with the defense as a safety.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The only reason we would trade AB is because of his conduct detrimental to the team. It would be pretty ironic to trade him for a guy like Ramsey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I’m really hoping this ain’t true but I read that AB posted some DM’s from Brady. There is no way in hell we would be dumb enough to trade him to NE right?

If he goes to NE, not a single record would be safe and Brady might just stick around. Dammit I really thought this was the last year for them, why do we want to help them.

I don’t care what they offer trade AB to San Fran, the farthest away from us as possible. Take a 2nd and just be happy about it.

12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Belichick is not putting up with Brown's temper tandrums. Randy Moss didn't behave the way Brown has been.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Just saw another headline. Supposedly we are listening to trade offers for Brown prior to free agency says Ian Rapoport.

Here is part of article: "If the Steelers do trade Brown, they would save $1 million in salary cap space, per Rapoport, and create $15 million in cash savings. A deal would have to happen before the third day of the league year, when Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus."

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This would be true if you had one or two teams interested. I would think that there would be several interested in the best WR in the NFL for cheap for the next 3 years.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I would have to see Bens war face before I would believe this happened.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Another team I could see a viable trade partner is Green Bay. Brown would be happy to have Rodgers throwing the ball to him. Green Bay had an off year and has reasonably good draft position/picks. If we trade Brown, I want him to go to the NFC. Brown will want contender with good QB. As I mentioned before, maybe Carolina too.

17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He will not be the best wide receiver in the next 2 or 3 years. He arguably wasnt even the best this yr you could argue it was DeAndre Hopkins.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You might make that argument but most people recognize AB as the best WR in football.

If GM's had a crystal ball, life would be much easier for them but as it is, they have to gamble. One of them will on AB. They will think they are the team that can keep him happy and reap the rewards. Happens al the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Ok, 3rd best. 4th best. Whatever the case, his production will far outpace his salary cap hit for whoever gets him.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018

You are so right man, every team thinks they will be the ones to make the player work out. Can’t wair for them to see what AB is really like. If he did it to us he’ll do t to anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As others have stated, AB will be commanding some serious interest. Whomever wants him though will have to pay a price. HOF talents do not come cheap. Just ask Chicago.

That being said, someone will pounce on AB. Just a matter of time; short or long being irrelevant. My odds on favorite is still Oakland but I am not ruling out the New York Jets either.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

I thought he was a corner? Probably can do both at the same time. :smiley1::cool:

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow I can’t believe it’s really gonna happen.

24. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    No trade is the perfect scenario. Suck up the drama and deal with it like men and move on. Juju making a name will only make it better for both come next year

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Like either of those teams as a place for AB to go.. Just do not want to make a team better that could honestly be SB bound. I dont think the Raiders or the Jets are going to be improved enough to be a threat to win a title