1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect trade scenario for Antonio Brown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have to have at minimum, a high first round draft partner and
    a competent WR 50 plus catches / yr. in exchange for AB. When I say High first
    round partner I am talking top ten pick. This would put us in place to get Greedy
    Williams or Devin White. Make it happen Steelers.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Imagine AB & Cam egos together. It would be creating a train wreck for the Panthers franchise.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    AB's trade value will be diminished for several reasons:

- He's 30, likely on the downside
    - He's got a big contract someone has to assume
    - for teams that revolving door their coaches, AB is a likely coach killer. Few will want to sign off on acquitting a guy who may well get them fired.
    - And above all, he committed the worse crime a pro athlete can commit: He quit on his team before a must win game. And why did he do it? For the dumbest of reasons, Because somebody else won the BS team MVP award.

Maybe some idiot GM will overpay for him. But I wouldn't want to be a fan of the team that gets him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    People keep pointing out that JuJu was shut down last week without AB but several things come to mind. First, they had no game plan to compensate for the loss of AB. 2nd, do you really think the Steelers won't fill the void with another WR? JuJu also keeps improving, he hasn't hit his ceiling. His 2nd year and is already considered a #1 receiver. He's only going to get better.

Any trade talks with AB will start with a 1st rd pick, and they will get it. He's still the best WR in the game. There will be some GM that will fall in love with the idea of AB being on the team, either from putting fans in the seats prospective or a GM that feels the team is close and AB puts them over the top.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wasn’t JuJu also nursing a groin injury?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt they would get that much for him, the Vikings aren't giving up a Pro Bowl CB and two high picks. They already have WRs Diggs and Thielen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    AB got mad when Ben didn't get him the ball, he wouldn't last with a inaccurate QB like Cam.

8. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Where in the 1st. If it’s a top 15 pick I’d consider it. Too 10 I’d probably pull the trigger. Bottom 1st I’d need more.

9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

As your potential trade partner here. I say: "Then keep him yourself and deal with the drama another year". The Steelers are not in a position of strength here. If they opt to part w/AB, they'll have decided he's not worth the trouble. And will have to convince some other team that he really is worth the trouble. That isn't an easy sell. Especially when they start asking questions like: What do you think is wrong with the guy? Why don't you want him anymore? If you want a high first rounder, you better have some good answers to that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Not going to happen

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They just drafted dj Moore high in the first round who showed promise. They dont need a top wr.

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Also the thing people have to realize to is if he wants out, The Steelers are not holding the cards. Teams can then low ball because they know based on what we've seen a disgruntled AB would be nothing but trouble. They also will be quick to move on as well because of the bell situation and how that distracted the team this whole season. That imo is why we failed but anyways the team would not want to go through another scenario like that.

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Maybe other teams feel AB wouldn't be a problem if he was put in a different situation. It's happened with other players, and they're usually receivers. I'd like to hear AB's side of the story. Everyone has a breaking point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He will be 31 next season. They still aren't gonna buy high based on a belief that he wouldn't be a potential problem with them. Not at that compensation and price tag. That's a pretty big gamble. I also don't think there are many teams that can absorb that cap hit that feel they are AB away from being a legit contender.
    Colts are the only team off the top of my head but they already have T Y and Luck is supposed to be smart:smiley1:

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What if we find out the rest of the team held AB down in his bunk while beating him with soap bars wrapped in towels. Or Tomlin found a doughnut in AB's locker and made the rest of the team do push ups while AB was forced to eat the doughnut. Stuff like that...

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey you never know. I'm always down to give someone I nice "blanket party". I'm not ready to burn down ABs house. I really hope somehow cooler heads can prevail. I know it's asking a lot but sometimes the grown up switch can be flipped with the right voice and message. Mine was off for a long time but now I have a dimmer :hehehe:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I suspect ABs side of the story will consist mostly of moronic gibberish.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Coach speak? :smiley1:

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, they do. Moore showed promise, but he is far from a finished product. He caught 55 passes for 788 yards. That's not a No. 1 receiver in the NFL. He can certainly get there, but it hasn't happened yet and it is not a sure thing.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's the standard.

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    If he’s traded, the next team assumes his salary+ but not the dead money (bonus, restructures). Over 2019-2021, he’d cost his new team:
    $15.1MM
    $11.3MM
    $12.5MM

[edited to correct the crazy decades my fat fingers typed]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, good point.

23. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Id go Jalen Ramsey and a 3rd. Or Peterson and a 2

HACK

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    One season. Jerry rice in season 1 was bad. He had butterfingers and was no where near what he became. Michael irvin rookie season he wasnt good. Not saying he's these guys but the jury is still out on him. We dont know what he will become as of yet but he showed potential to become better and if they are that down on him they pick 16th and could draft someone there. They are more than just a wr away . How many receivers have been beasting past age 31? Antonio brown has shown no signs as of yet of slowing down but that's not a sure thing that he will hold up and be the same guy for the foreseeable future. That's why I say the only way I see a possible first round pick is a team like the eagles, bears, rams even, etc.. that he would boost their chances of winning now. Not a team that has several holes plus they got rid of steve smith because he was in cam's ear i dont think they'd repeat that process with AB.

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree that the best chance is a contender looking to put itself over the top, but you're missing the point. Moore is not a No. 1 receiver right now. He may be come one, but he hasn't proven it yet. They could draft somebody, but that player would be even further from proven.

Brown is still one of the best in the game. Maybe the big decline is coming, but he certainly produced elite numbers again this season.