1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I agree and professional sports have great examples for us to use at the high school level. I don't coach little league, but I would sure use the good and bad examples for them as well in a character ed class.
    I am a failure if I don't get kids ready when they become a fathers or any obtain a job that requires some type of leadership and responsibility.
    I would say that most pro athletes should not be role models. I realize that Mean Joe walked out for 1 day when upset, but I don't recall it happening a second time. Swann and Stallworth didn't always like the amount of targets in their direction, but were good teammates and rode it to the HOF. I guess we have to realize we aren't dealing with the classic hall of fame receivers we are used to having in Pitt. What would happen is Hines Ward was on this team? No leadership and nobody is worried about their behavior. One of my players text me a few minutes ago, and said the Pittsburgh Junior High Steelers are at it again. Time for a parent teacher conference. For the record, my daughter's favorite role model is her mother. AB WAS her favorite player.

• Like Like x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah Tua looks more like he's 5'11, Herbert is like 6'6 235 and you think teams will draft Tua over him :facepalm:. Fromm isn't anything special as far as NFL prospect, I don't see him as a top 10 pick.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Even if The story is true, I dont think it should have been published, the season is over so what is the point? All it does is showcase AB in a negative way , Get's the "fans" upset. ...IMO Its no ones buisness but AB's and the others who where involved ....Just the media causing drama for no reason

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    It's time for an to go enough is enough.. Can't keep having these cancers distract your team from the ultimate goal.. Trade him for a first or second round pick or a secondary piece and be done with it.. I don't care that he had 14 TDs and trading him would hurt juju's and the teams production u can't keep being status quo and think things will be different. It's time to stop being this soap opera of a franchise and make decisions to get rid of these distractions.. Enough is enough

5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think the Steelers should hire a shrink for AB and maybe help with his anger management, then maybe the shrink could help Boswell confidence, then maybe he could help Tomlin by being up in the booth during games to help with his challenges. :shrug::lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He's probably just frustrated playing in such disorganization.

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    LOL, everyone wants to trade AB all of a sudden:facepalm:...This is the funniest **** i have read today...:grin::grin::grin: Yall have a SAFE!! and Happy Newyear !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    He's the type of player that would rather have good personal stats and have his team lose the game, than have his team win the game and have bad personal stats. We don't need that type of cancer on this team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What a crazy notion.;+)

[​IMG]

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We have what exactly with him

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    LOL he already explained that , but keep bringing it up if it makes u feel better ...

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

How abt 1 of the Top 3 WR in the league , Prob still the 1 wr if we are being honest

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Ya...But he is disrupting team chemisty and I think most can attest that something was amiss this year...He is a phenomenal talent no doubt,but he has been causing waves all year...When does the negative attitude and bull**** at practice and games outweigh the good...

My eye test said something was not right all year...pouting, spouting off, fighting with Ben every other game, JuJu, " trade me " ...

Is he ginna change his attitude or cintinue to be a malcontent...His skill is/ was never a question mark

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Either way, I feel fine.

• Like Like x 1
  16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    For some of us, stats aren't the most important thing when it comes to our teams. Winning isn't everything either. I'd rather not have AB on a team I cheer for.

Besides, it's not like we've been winning with him anyway. He's also getting up there in age for an NFL player. Buy low and sell high. AB's value is high but it won't be for too much longer. His stats are already starting to decline

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Yea I dont put a whole lot of stock in what the media reports, but thats just me

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You mean he did damage control after the fact...

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

He has a 100 somthing yards behind JUJU and was double covered most of the season and ttwice as many touchdowns.... not falling off to bad IMO only thing that fell off this year was his catches and yards percatch.. His "down year" is better than most of the others wr's good year ..... And we win more games with him than without....i didnt see anyone calling to trade him after the NO game..

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :facepalm:

21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Does all this mean that James Washington is one of Ben's guys now?

22. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    I...Never said he " fell off " He is great...If not the best, right there with anybody...But he's turning into an *******, Diva, and lockeroon cancer...This team underachieved for years imo...stat wise no, AB still elite no doubt...

But don't underestimate a BAD teammate...I played sports, coached...A ****ty teammate can really disrupt a team...splits the lockeroom...badmouthing causes a toxic attitude which almost causes teammates to pick sides...us/ them...when it should be US...Don't discount that as an important part of the TEAM

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:eek:

First time I have ever seen you of all people advocating for him to be let go Blast. Quite a change of perspective. I have to say.... I am surprised by it.

24. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have stood next to tua. I am 6 ft. He isnt taller than me

• Like Like x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Same here. Social Media does assist but only so much.

Too many reports that either conflict with one another, contradict themselves, are proven inaccurate, any one of the aforementioned three, a combination of the two or all three as a whole.

That being said and, as stated earlier, it is up to the Pittsburgh Media to find out the answer. They will have to come Wednesday. Given the circumstances, the NFL might not give them the option indirectly as should any report of an injury prove to be false, the Steelers will be reprimanded for it.

Should that happen, does the option to trade Brown increase depending on the severity of the punishment?! Under 48 hours remain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.