1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Back in the days of the Steel Curtain, those dudes were MEN. Nowadays, these players are just kids and lack maturity to be leaders. Leadership must come fro the top down, then it may come from within. If it’s not in their contract, these kids aren’t about leadership, they are more about Xbox, Fortnite and one upping one another on Instagram. Dollar bills mean more to most than winning. Your point is taken, but not realistic. This kids are from a total different generation than Webster, Lambert, Ham, Blount, Shell, Blier, et al.

Soooo. We need a coach who tolerates absolutely NO BS - Tomlin is not that guy. He either does not know how or else refuses to grab nuts and squeeze. It’s the pros, not college, so he has a full license to do so.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I get it but the player you just described isn't going to respond to a coach like that. I think that is why organizations go with younger coaches now.

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is all on Tomlin . He has allowed Brown's nonsense for years now.
    Both need to handle this crap. Earlier in the year when AB chose to skip practice and team meetings, nothing happened to him. There were no repercussions. He shouldn't have played the next game. He also should have been told that if it happened again, he would be sitting for 2 games.

The tone needs to be set by the head coach that everyone will follow the rules or they won't play. Tomlin has no control of the locker room because he's too busy being everyone's buddy. He needs to get control of these drama queens and sort them out.

AB clearly isn't going anywhere, if only due to his cap hit, but enough is enough. Sort him out once and for all. We almost lost that damn game and there's no excuse for that. AB sure would have helped. It wouldn't have made a difference in the end since Cleveland lost, but AB didn't know that at the time obviously.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Trade him for draft picks. He is heading down hill and will be egocentric pain in the ass from here on.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There really is no good option here. It's going to be tough for Brown and Roethlisberger to work together after something like this, but can they really afford to trade him? With Brown, the Steelers can be contenders next season. I don't think that is the case without him.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Can they afford to trade Brown?

Depends. Pre-June 1st. No. That cap hit is way too big. Post-June 1st. Possibly.

Either way, there is too many conflicting reports. Tomlin is the only one with the official answer. Wednesday will be quite the day it seems.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Nice call on Terrell Edmunds tackle totals for the season.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Another question is can the team afford being dinged for a draft pick if the league feels they didn't accurately use the injury list.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're full of crap, the team went to the playoffs his first 2 years and won the SB in year 2. So why would you want him gone as soon as he was hired.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, AB isn't AB without #7. Roethlisberger was a two time world champion before AB was drafted. None of us know for sure what the argument was about, but IF Brown was pissed because Ben took his traditional Wednesday off, who the hell is Brown to question it? Does that mean that he suddenly has become the poster child for what it means to be a consummate pro after some of the stunts he's pulled? Not saying Ben has always been an angel off the field, but I never questioned his team first commitment or desire to win.

I get he is not going to be traded, but AB needs to sit and consider what life would be like getting targeted 5 times a game by a hack like Derek Carr and catching 65 balls a year for 735 yards and two TD's. He seriously needs to get his head together, he is one weird dude.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Raiders didn't get 2 firsts for Amari Cooper :facepalm:, they got one first. The Raiders got 2 firsts for Khahil Mack.

12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That was already pointed out to me a few pages back...I got confused...Thanks for pointing it out again though:applaud:

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He did sit down for the Bengals game :shrug:.

14. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Confirmed on NFL Network that AB was indeed suspended...Why all the secrecy

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You do know they drafted Mason Rudolph to replace Ben, Oregon QB will be a top 5 pick, so they wouldn't have a shot at him anyway.

16. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Quite the day ha...That ******* won't give any straight answers...He'll dance around any hard question asked of him...He'll use his big words ( actually stupid one line cliches ) that he thinks are intelligent...Same ole answers he's given for years!

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    How well did that work out for Kevin Spacey?
    J/K. I don't know any details of the CBA but, I wonder, how far coaches can actually go before being accused of "creating a hostile workplace" and have to go to sensitivity training!?

18. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    End of the year meeting...AB didn't show...Knee probably to sore

19. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not sure if he will be top 5. Tua is a lock for number 1. Jake fromm is also better than herbert. The qb from Washington my edge him and you just never know who will emerge next yr. Dwayne haskins was rated higher than herbert and this is his only yr as a starter. So dont count that he could easily fall.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Herbert has the size and athleticism you want in a QB, Tua isn't a top 5 pick he's small. Fromm isn't a better NFL prospect than Herbert :facepalm:.

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Thank you!

The outcome was far different than I thought it would be in terms of how he would acquire them. Proud of him. Cannot wait for year two; doubly so if Pittsburgh can acquire a Defensive Coordinator.

22. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. You had me up until there. Someone jacks my cheese and swipes my gat, I’m rippin’.

23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

?!

Has that ever occured before?! I know the league can impose fines but I did not think the ramifications would carry over to draft picks.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

On that note, why are any of us giving up on Mason Rudolph anyway?! Does not make sense to me. 2019's preseason will be far more telling than his rookie season for certain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Tua is 6'1 and has one of the most accurate arms we've ever seen. Baker was the first pick at barely 6'0. Tua is far from small he's built exactly like Russell Wilson and is much taller. Look at all the draft boards for next yr. All have tua as the top qb and number 1 pick. Fromm is also higher. He as a freshman led his team to the national championship and they nearly beat Alabama before Tua saved the day. He has all the tools and plays in the rough sec. Herbert is ok but we saw how Mariota was in college. He's been average at best in the NFL. I dont see the hype with herbert he probably will get picked in the 1st but I'm going mid to late round.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.