1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    The story didn’t say but it did say AB lost it big time and was totally in the wrong and handled it badly. And we are to believe Tomlin is in total control of this team? Yeah right.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe Tomlin is the reason he didnt play?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We as fans are dysfunctional misfits as well. We will turn on our star players off of a rumor. We have premadana's on this team (including Ben) but I never question their love for the game. AB isnt gonna miss a game because juju was elected mvp of the team. Heck, AB made the pro bowl instead of juju. Haters will Hate ... but,, dont let it be steelersnation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

According to dulac and bouchette AB got into an argument with Ben. Didn’t show up for anymore practices or team meetings for the week. Just showed up to the stadium expecting to play only to discover he was inactive.

6. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Anyone else wondering how the hell can we get away with down right lying about the injury report?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Strange seeing AB was coming off his best game of the season

8. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Do I believe he blew up? Yes. Most of the time where there is smoke there is fire.

Do I believe the reason some are saying? No.

Bottom line. He ain't going anywhere. His contract will prevent it. I seen the dead money figure and, damn.

It's time for cam Heyward, pouncey, decastro, and foster to step up and be the vocal leaders of this team. Not Ben, brown, or anyone else.

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sure he did lose it and if the story is true he handed everything wrong after that as well. I just think it would be interesting to find out if Ben himself thought it was a big enough game to practice himself.
    ABs work ethic and practice habits are unmatched. I could easily see him blowing his top over something that may have happened in practice while Ben was standing on the sidelines watching. I don't know what happened and it's pure speculation on my part but frankly I would get pretty ticked off myself if it is indeed true.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    According to the article in the post you quoted:
    Brown was listed on Wednesday's injury report as being out as a "coach's decision." This is a common designation granted to veterans on Wednesdays known in NFL circles as a veteran's day off. Ben Roethlisberger earned the same designation and has all year.

11. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Really no need for trash talk like this.....

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes but there have been Wednesday's that he has practiced. He doesn't always take them all off. I would think this wouldn't of been one of them considering our situation. If he didn't practice it says a awful lot about him and the accountability our coaches are supposed to instill.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Same B. S. With Harrison last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Brown was upset when Ben took his family on vacation during mini camp....

Then there was training camp issues.....

Ben called AB out publicly thru the media........ This was the wrong thing to do in my opinion..

We all know How much of a Diva AB is!!!!

AB also didn't show up today for final team meeting, exit meetings and locker clean out!!!!

Tomlin sitting him was the right thing to do.... AB leaving at halftime coupled with this weeks action warrants a SERIOUS team fine due to Actions Deterimental to the Team and insubordination !!

Cajun

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The way it was worded in the article sounded (to me) like Ben sat it out.

16. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012

The same Shaun Lee who's always injured? No thanks. I'll take Leighton Vander Esch instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Money and fame can bring a man shame. No doubt about it. Divas will diva as long as inmates are allowed to run the asylum. There are no internal ‘locker room’ controls and for that I point both my index fingers right at Mike Tomlin - where the buck stops. A coach with balls will allow AB to be great and not an idiot.

FMTI - his time is done. His shtick is more stale than moldy bread. Who do we get next? I don’t care. Just time to do something different. For all you Tomlin apologists, this team needs leadership and MT has zippo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    you are right about one thing. this team needs leadership but it needs to come from the players. not sure how old you are. looking at your profile pic I assume old enough to know what I mean when I say. players use to take care of crap like this. listen to the old timers talk about policing the locker room. players like pouncey or heyward need to get ahold of him. not saying tomlin shouldn't but lets be honest here. how much time does the head coach spent with the players will all the other commitments they have?

players got to handle this crap

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Idont believe that BS story 1 sec, it was anounced hours b4 the game he wasnt playing, why would he leave at halftime because he was expecting to play.....As far as Tomlin the man could not lead a group of grade schoolers down a hall in a fire drill

20. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tomlin had the balls to sit his ass.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Amazing how success can change a person..... AB was the player who never held out, never made waves and always said the right things and was rewarded with a huge contract....
    Now it seems like he's been drinking his own cool aid and is turning into leveon pt2......

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    My 11 year old daughter who is a sports crazy, just came to me and told me about AB. Both myself and my wife are career coaches and talk about self-less players and what important is the team.
    I had to mail back Bell jersey I bought for my son in Sept. and now my daughter who also has a Sept birthday received a Brown jersey. My daughter loved AB, but NOW is done with AB. Way to go AB!!!! Be careful what you wish for...........
    My players know how big of a Steeler fan I am. I am embarrassed to say that I have used Steeler drama for awhile now as examples of piss poor culture. What's new???? Not really surprised with our latest example....

HEY AB?????? My daughter wants a Juju jersey and thinks you are a damn baby who needs a binky.....cant make this stuff up....

The Chief, Dan, and Chuck are all rolling over in their graves......make AB the new Hershel Walker.....get some picks......
    Young money won how many Lombardi's??????????? Sander won 1 with Denver......but not in Pitt.....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Great. Bell situation all over again starting Jan 1 2019.

Love this organizations chaos lately.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This isn’t like little league sports where most kids respect the coach and teammates. This is the greedy NFL where good players have very little accountability because they know if you cut them they’ll have a job tomorrow and probably for more money.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.