1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It Does Not Get Easier Next Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    If history repeats itself and it certainly does with this team and coaching regime I’m afraid next year could be the same fate. Hope I’m entirely full of **** but numbers don’t lie.
    Division 3-3 split Cleveland has arrived
    2 or more Tomlin Clunkers
    Patriots away totally winnable but we just don’t win there.
    Seattle and Rams home very hard
    Miami away not good
    San Francisco will be way better
    Oh yea and the Chargers and Colts
    Where are the 11 wins ?
    I guess that’s why you play the games but on paper I’m worried unless we get some kick ass defense studs. With a great defense you always have a shot ie Bears and the Ratbirds

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    We play the pats again? Can the NFL just let this go Jesus c****

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We play the cheats again next year??? Wtf, they may as well put us in the same division.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well one good thing is I still don't see the Jets or Bills being anywhere near .500 next year..
    The home game against the Rams will surely be difficult... and maybe we get a reunion with Bell when we play the Colts?
    If they don't get a new O line then we can win surely??

On the Rd games I am afraid of... ALL of them!
    Kind of hope we get to play Chargers and the 49ers back to back, that way we don't have to fly out west twice..

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We play them because we play the AFC East. Not because we won our division . That's for sure

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's the big rivalry for the league besides Ravens/Steelers. They make it a marquee game every year so why wouldn't they push it next year as well. The storyline will be the Steelers finally beat them at home but can they beat them at Foxboro

7. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm good with playing the east then. Get to experience what the pats get to experience every year in playing that sorry ass division

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    7-9/8-8/9-7 (at best) IMO

3-3 in the division
    3-1 vs AFC East
    2-2 vs NFC West (at best)
    1-1 vs SD/Indy (at best)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Trust me it won't be easy for us.

10. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Oh I know.. We'll go 2-2 against that division with a loss to Sam Darnold.. It's a given

11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Next yr will be much tougher. The Bengals will be bottom dwellers but both bmore and the browns will only get better. I see us possibly missing the playoffs again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know if the Ravens will be better truly..
    The only reason why they are doing well right now is due to this new system they have going..
    Yes they are division champs right now.. But the rest of the league will have another full off season to sit down and work out how to beat this style.. It is kind of similar to how Navy runs their style of play..
    I do think the Browns will be a top 2 team in the division though..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We draft at 20 position. The worst possible for non playoff team.

14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Ben finished as the top QB in yards but that is little comfort for the disappointing season we just completed. To me Ben looked extremely out of sync yesterday as did the rest of the team. I don't know if there will be any changes made but there sure should be a few. The team has no fire like the Steelers used to have. It is a sad set of circumstances.

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I think it's WAY too early to make predictions. Too many variables. But, I'll throw out my yearly 16-0 prediction!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Now that the cheats are a bit more beatable, the league is trying to narrow the winning gap between the two teams. 11-2( now 11-3) is terrible I could live with .500 record against them, it would shut their fanbase up too unless they say "yeah you're defeating a 50 year old Brady!!"

(this is a sarcastic joke for the ones disagreeing)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Coach Tomlin will not let them live in their fears. They will embrace the challenge, and turn it on late in the season and raise hell in December, and go 13-3.

I have faith.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I agree with this. Romo said yesterday that they have benefited from changing the system mid season and other teams nit having enough on video to game plan against. He said it will be a lot hard next year when the league has the whole offseason to prepare for them.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    its the nfl. its not supposed to be easy. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Completed your thought pattern there for ya Bobby. ;)

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Would you even consider attending the game in LA or would that be cruel and unusual punishment for you my SoCal comrade? It's just too bad it's not at the new Inglewood facility rather than the Carson Junior High playground they call home field for the time being. Wonder where the Raiders play next season - Santa Clara or perhaps the UNLV football field?

22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I've driven through Carson and, I want nothing to do with that neighborhood! Especially not that sand lot!
    There's rumors that the Raiders might make a deal to play at San Diego/Jack Murphy/Qualcomm/NCCCU stadium. Each home game would probably be full!

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Now that's the irony of all ironies - a stadium that once did everything it could to discourage Raider fans from attending each year now would open their doors to welcome them for at least 10 home games.

24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ..........and discourage Choker fans no doubt. Wouldn't want any fights!

25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I was just thinking about the schedule. There is no bargain for being the second place team this year. If we did not have to play the East division, then we would get Fish instead of Pats, which would be a break, but no luck. 2019 might be a good year to be bad. The only reason we got Ben is because we had a 6-10 year prior to 2004 draft and there were 3 highly prized QB`s in that draft and we ended up with the best of the 3.