1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Wexall reports in his column today that AB could have played yesterday but felt underappreciated, and was mad that JuJu got the team MVP?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    i doubt that's true lol.

you know what, i don't doubt anything anymore

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Sounds about right.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Does seem kinda funny now.No injury mentioned all week...Then, knee injury mentioned on Friday ( off day )...Sunday can't play...

Who knows with this dysfunctional group of ****in misfits...Led by the biggest culprit of all the misfit toys...Mike " beer gut " Tomlin...*obviously

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ab can kick rocks too then.. We Haven't won s*** with him here so his whiney baby ass is expendable in my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Here’s an article that sort of alludes to the AB situation not being an injury:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...et-the-big-changes-they-desire-127080478/Amp/

Here’s the part about AB:

We bade Foster goodbye, but weren't sure if he was signaling to us a dissatisfaction amid the smoke coming from the empty locker of one Antonio Brown.

Now, this could just be media babble about something that's not there, but there hasn't been any news leaked about Brown's mysterious injury this week. Offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner first raised eyebrows with an overly defensive response to a simple question on Thursday. Fichtner rarely, if ever, flashes anger, but he did in telling a reporter he was not going to say another word about Brown.

And then Brown didn't show up for Friday's practice. We were told he was away getting tests. The one word a reliable source used when I asked about Brown's knee wasn't "injury." Instead, it was "crickets." The source said that, shook his head, and got away from me as quickly as possible.

Odd.

Tomlin's post-game explanation on why Brown didn't play: "We wanted to go with the healthiest guys and guys that worked during the week," he said. "I just thought under the circumstances that we were in, the healthiest, most-prepared guys would give us quality play. And I thought they did."

Since when does Brown need to practice to play against the Bengals?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    A microcosm of the season. A undisciplined team worried about all the wrong things.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If this is true AB should be traded .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    For an entire Defense and staff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont doubt it. I love AB he's one of my favorite players but he's a me first guy. Long as he's getting the ball he's happy. I dont doubt his will to win but he's not the guy that will be happy with us winning and he not producing. His several outbursts and situations like this just supports that its who he is. That's why I said bell was a bad recipe for the team and conner was a better fit though not the better player. You can't win when your 2 best players are prima Donnas who are more self than we especially when you have a coach with absolute no control over the team. But it isnt just AB its several other people with problems on the team like the guys that were so worried about cleaning out someone's locker instead of focusing on the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If this is actually true, AB should be traded and Tomlin should be fired immediately. If it’s true, just deactivate him for the game and be truthful. Don’t tell us about knees and tests and BS

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My guess is that there’s more to the story, and he didn’t quit on the team.

If it is true, he has to go this offseason. He is very tradeable because the acquiring team would get him at an average salary of $12 million for the next 3 years. Also, his cap hit for us is $22 Million in 2019 with dead money of $21 million, do trading him would save $1 million towards the 2019 cap. We would need to complete the trade before he 5th day of the 2019 league year to avoid a $2.5 million roster bonus.

Again, I would only advocate for trading him IF he quit on the team. Otherwise we should just suck it up and deal with the diva BS and enjoy the greatness in the field.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Trade him to Dallas for Shaun Lee and a couple of higher draft picks.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

More information is needed. Too much speculation at present. We will have to wait and see.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I highly doubt this is true. If so, we'll still deal with it because he's so insane.

DUDE HAD 15 TOUCHDOWNS. Everyone knows how important he is... jeez.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
  17. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I
    I’ve wanted Tomlin gone the minute he was hired. Have not hid that fact since day one.:lolol: Garbage in....garbage out!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    You guys remember a few years ago when i was blasted for using the term Tomlin “jock sniffers?!” If you guys still want Tomlin Coaching this team, you’re absolutely hopeless.

This proves that he has ZERO f***ing control of this locker room. I cant imagine if we had lost that game yesterday and Cleveland won...disgusting what this team has become

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I’m so sick of this mess either way. Tomlin can’t control his team, the coaches are trash and there’s no discipline anywhere. I have no idea what to do, but we need to do something.

• Agree Agree x 8
  21. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    For the long term health of this team, Tomlin needs to go.

At this point, name Munchak as head coach, and let him hand pick his staff. No need to hire from outside if he’s the pick.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    we need a hard ass. Yeah the chin was about as successful as tomlin but he still ran his team the way it should.

ok we just need Chuck lol

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Beefing with a team mate supposedly and acting like a sissy about it. Sick of the drama

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Wtf is wrong with AB now...I said it at the beginning of the year, obviously he is a great player, a hof player...But he is a "strange" dude...A really "weird" person...

I could give a **** less about that until...It starts affecting the team, and it has! Earlier in the year" trade me", back and forth with Ben...looked like him and Ben were always chirping at each other after plays ( I'm guessing AB was at fault ) the more I hear about him...

Also earlier, running his mouth about EVERYTHING...the media questioned him and he said " nobody likes me, I'll just keep my mouth shut " telling you the dude has some issues going on upstairs!

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011

Yep....he might be a great player, but he’s become a giant pain in the ass. He’s quickly forgotten how he was a 6th round nobody until he came to Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.