1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs Bengals Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It’s a silver lining of sorts.

2. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I fully expect the Titans colts game to go to overtime and a 74 yard field goal to win it at the gun.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Maybe who knows with the way this franchise has been lately.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    See Yinz in the spring

• Like Like x 1
  5. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I’m a bit relieved I won’t have to see the Pitt-show (see what I did) that is the Steelers in the playoffs, but the other side of me is livid, upset and annoyed.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ben has one more year MAYBE...He looked like **** against 3rd stringers, with nothing to play for, at Home...Tomlin isn't going anywhere, We know that do...

If you think this year was bad...What for the next few!

7. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    You think the holes on D would of been addr3ssed last off season. Get that **** right and there is a good year next season.
    Should not have to count on the browns or anybody. Probs better off for now

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, he threw some bad picks. The one in the Raiders game stands out, then misses a wide open Eli Rodgers for a TD. The Connor and Grimble fumbles against Denver were bad. Blowing the big lead against what I think is a very average Chargers team sucked, too. But, how many times over the last four years have we seen this team miss fumble recoveries, drop picks and give up third and forever completions for first downs? Butler is a problem, but he is only a portion of it. This defense simply does not have enough talent, and overall, this team lacks discipline and sucks at taking control of games. I think they probably get two more wins if Ben throws a third of the picks however, with out him, I doubt if this squad wins four games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm: They had the best redzone offense in the league, the OC can't control turnovers which cost them at least 3 wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    As a former official I can relate to that. Rulebook! With the exceptions of gross rulebook errors, all the judgement calls are just that, judgement. So the league will never admit to that. They will always stand on the rulebook. Very few times will you ever hear one of the expert Refs in the studio overrule a judgement call. Holding, pass interference are judgement calls. Notice that most of these technical plays are always I.D. by the ref as "per the rule or rulebook..." when they explain something. Yes, judgement does come in to play when they are rated but the public never gets to see the rating sheets on the officials.

So, all this beeyotching is just that. Don't mean a thing. If they want to do something, at the league meetings is the place and then you have to get most of the owners to agree which ain't easy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Sh$tburgh season in a nutshell:

Cleveland: Tie
    Denver: Loss
    San Diego: Loss
    Oakland: Loss

Drop the mic! This game, as well as, last week’s game shouldn’t have mattered to the extent they did....and leaving our fate to the Browns...down right embarrassing. You reap what you sow.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not me. I'm done. I've got no hope left in me. If it happens so be it, but I won't be watching or even thinking about that game

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Probably #19

14. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    With the way the Browns finished their season and the way Baltimore can play defense even with their lousy QB I see us ranked third in the division.

Baltimore defense will keep them in games and Browns are on the rise we need to make big changes on defense to take a shot next year. Ben might not be back after that, and we have seen what we have as backups,and you can't draft a QB with the 19th pick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agreed. Just glad this dumpster fire of a season is over. Time to clean house.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Same here. Best shot was the Browns and they ended up doing what the Browns dodo.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    We thought the Chargers would roll the Ravens when they played last week in Los Angeles :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I don’t know, you can get lucky with a super late rounder.

I’m still not sold on all the young QBs that do well their first year or two and then just kind of average at best. Franchise QB isn’t a one or two year wonder until he gets hurt.

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The way this plays out. The Chargers should get beaten again in Baltimore.

Then they’ll have the Ravens/Patriots game divisional round.

Pats will somehow stuff Jackson and then go to KC to win there on an Andy Reid botched time management.

That will give Brady(the old man) wins over the young whipper-snapper upstarts and a chance to win another ring against either Breese (HOF vs HOF) or Goff (Another young Whipper-snapper).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They drafted Mason to succeed Ben :shrug:

21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Chefs are cursed in the postseason. 1 playoff win in the past 23 years or some such thing. Until they can prove otherwise, they suck in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    To me that was pathetic watching the Steelers watch the Browns hoping they beat the Ravens so we can make the playoffs. We’re supposed to be a proud franchise and yet we’re counting on the Browns to get in not ourselves. I don’t know maybe I’m wrong but that’s just the way it came off to me.

Also I’m watching the Colts vs Titans and we are better than both of those teams, but yet one of them is going to get in the playoffs instead of us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I've always wondered about taking this approach to how to critique a team. No coach would ever be fired. Who is teaching ball security? Also, our defense is one of the best in sacks yet many still want Butler gone. Sure, we were good in the red zone. What about everything else? We just put up only 16 points against a bad Bengals team at home with everything on the line. Remember when this offense was thinking they could score 30 points a game? What's different? It's not because Bell wasn't here. Yes, Ben is a big part of that too. I'd be okay with giving the OC another year, but if this offense is still sleepwalking through the season next year then he's got to go too.

24. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I've always wondered about taking this approach to how to critique a team. No coach would ever be fired. Who is teaching ball security? Also, our defense is one of the best in sacks yet many still want Butler gone. Sure, we were good in the red zone. What about everything else? We just put up only 16 points against a bad Bengals team at home with everything on the line. Remember when this offense was thinking they could score 30 points a game? What's different? It's not because Bell wasn't here. Yes, Ben is a big part of that too. I'd be okay with giving the OC another year, but if this offense is still sleepwalking through the season next year then he's got to go too.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    No AB means JuJu sees more of the double coverage, which he isn't used to seeing. Also it was Conner's first game back from injury.