1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Officicial Game Day Thread Pittburgh at New Orleans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by zcoop, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    clorox.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I agree
    I agree with you on both counts.
    This, so much this! Norv Turner is a phenomenal offensive coordinator, but terrible head coach. Tomlin is the same!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If you don't think he was in on that decision, you're completely lost. He even said they ran that thinking they would go on fourth down.

If you want to blame the offensive coordinator, fine. It's Tomlin's staff. They blew it on that play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Funny, he said the feeling's mutual. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  6. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Two blurry stills don't prove anything.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
  9. Steelcitian

Sep 6, 2017
    Give the guy a break-hes been making play after play all season long and he fumbles one time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah duh, if they go for it on 4th down they throw it, not give it to that bum Ridley.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He is under the delusion that those stills prove his claim that Tuitt didn't touch that ball. He is clearly incorrect.

12. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    The word is “to”, and if you can’t tell the ball doesn’t change trajectory, you’re a homer.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  14. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah, you post a gif of the ball being tipped; you can’t, because it didn’t happen.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There was just no reason to think they could run a power play out of that formation the way the Saints were playing run defense. They entered the game as the league's best defense against the run and the played like it all day. Almost all of the success the Steelers had was out of single-back formations, often when it wasn't a running situation. The play had no chance at succeeding. When you have Roethlisberger playing as well as he did and a defense that couldn't stop Brown and Smith-Schuster, that was time to throw.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Except that you can see it on the replay. You actually thought those pictures proved something? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I think you replied to the wrong post - I'm supporting JuJu - that other dude was the one with a problem. That's why I implied JuJu felt the same way about him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yep that play had no chance, let Ben throw it on 3rd and 4th down.

19. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Easy to connect the dots, which implies you inferred what I was trying to say rather than it being explicitly said. Maybe I worded it poorly, but I corrected what I meant about three times. Let's try this again. I think the Rooney Rule being pushed for and named after our owners (Not any wording in the rule, just that our owners are responsible for it), the fact that the media loves Tomlin and would be hard on the Rooneys for firing Tomlin, and the belief that the Rooneys don't want to do anything that tarnishes their reputation for consistency are all contributing factors to why Tomlin will not be fired.

I was going to give you credit, but after reading your whole reply, I'm not going to do it. I'm making stuff up about other posters? Prove that to me. Maybe you are angry about the loss or whatever, but you've been very disrespectful. My point wasn't horrible just because you disagree with it. Maybe try and make your points without the insults. I'm always willing to admit if I am wrong or misunderstood, but I'm not going to do that this time. I read your posts and I replied to what was there. To be quite honest, I don't even know why you are disagreeing with me at this point. We both want Tomlin gone, so what's the problem? You don't like my reason for why I think Tomlin is not on the hot seat? Really, who cares? It is just an opinion and none of us has any say anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  20. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Then prove me wrong. Show me, big mouth. Post something,instead of just shooting your mouth off.

21. Steelcitian

Sep 6, 2017
    Yea thats where its directed to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Because he's posting from Australia. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree the Rooney rule isn't a factor at this point, but underachieving on an epic level is. Yeah, they were 13-3 last year and then proceeded to lose their first postseason game. Tomlin loses way too many games he should win.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I see what you're saying - but I still disagree that the media would take exception to Tomlin being fired because he's black (except for Stephen A. Smith, of course) - they are all about MT because of his regular-season record, and having never had a losing season. As pathetic as that argument is...

25. Steelcitian

Sep 6, 2017
    I can take losing fair and square, I feel cheated.

• Agree Agree x 2