1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Officicial Game Day Thread Pittburgh at New Orleans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by zcoop, Dec 23, 2018.

1. BlacknGold40

BlacknGold40 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I will say it, I I'm a conspiracy theorist and this ****ing game was rigged!!!!! Do you know how easy it is for the refs to fix x this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Fair point, but if refs call DPI instead of illegal contact or JuJu gets down, doesn’t matter. Point is, game wasn’t lost going for the win.

3. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    This is what drives me crazy about Tomlin, no situational awareness. Puts in Ridley when it should have been Nix or Samuels, but a Ju Ju, who was questionable, and after each hit was getting off the ground slower and slower, stays in. He should have been either in as a deep decoy or clearing out underneath zones for a trailer. Kid has heart, though.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The rule has absolutely nothing to do with Tomlin's status. So you absolutely got that wrong.

There is no doubt the Steelers screwed up plenty today and this season, but the officiating was huge in the Saints' favor today. Both fourth-down interference calls on Haden were incorrect. The first was a joke. The one at the end, they missed the ball being tipped at the line. Where the hell was the line judge on that one?

The grab on McDonald should have been pass interference, not illegal contact. The ball was in the air. Call that one correctly and they are already in field goal range well before the throw to Smith-Schuster.

The Saints also got away with a handful of McDonald's jersey through the entire route on a play into the end zone in the first half with no call. That led to settling for a field goal.

It's not weak to see that poor officiating cost the Steelers dearly today. Bad coaching decisions and huge mistakes by players on the field were also a big part of it, but the intelligent thing to do is to acknowledge all the crap that went wrong. The dumb thing to do is to whine about the Rooney Rule when you don't even understand it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    But the playoffs were lost against Browns, Broncos and Raiders.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I know one thing...imo...The AFC breathed a sigh of relief because with Conner coming back...NOBODY wanted to see the Steelers in the playoffs...But, we did it to ourselves...to little to late!

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Smith-Schuster caught 11 passes for 115 yards today. There was absolutely nothing wrong with how the Steelers used him. He failed to protect the ball and the Saints made a play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They Should have held onto the ball. Saints force more fumbles than any other team. They had 17 coming into the game!

It's not whining when in 2 of the most critical games they directly contribute to scoring on bad calls early. Margin of victory was 3. Who knows what happens if the steelers get the ball there and go up 10-0?

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes and it already started with the appointing of this officiating crew to the game. It's well known for its homerism and they didn't disappoint

10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If you can't trust the guy for 1 ****ing carry...Why is he on the team!

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't know what replay you are looking at. The ball clearly hit his arm.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    There is not enough talent on defense either. Go back and look at the defensive picks under Tomlin's tenure. It's just this side of pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    This game was a tough one with questionable calls but I circled this before the season as a lost. We shouldn't have lost to Oakland or denver and we would have already clinched. Cant blame this one game as to why we aren't in. We made our own bed by losing 3 in a row before the pats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It sucks, but that's going to be growth process for him. He has the potential to be great and this will be a defining memory in his career!!!

15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    All were bad except shazier, watt , and heyward.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The game wasn't rigged, but it was absolutely incompetent officiating and it cost the Steelers their season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
  18. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Ridley doesnt fumble they may put it away there.

Fg at the end of the half was the difference and refs had nothing to do with that.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lay off the drugs my man.

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I gotta disagree. Who doesn't want to play a team that consistently beats itself?

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is it.

22. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers need this game to end in a tie. They play each other and one of them is guaranteed to get the 10 wins if it does not end in a tie

23. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    This is a touchy subject, but I think the Rooney Rule is absolutely a factor in Tomlin still having his job. The media would see to it that the Rooneys were crucified if they fired Tomlin at this point. With that said, Tomlin absolutely needs to be fired at the end of this season. Say what you want about the refs -- they absolutely contributed to the loss today and against the Chargers -- we overcame both and had leads in the 4th quarter in both games as well as two other games that we lost. And that's just this year; we do this EVERY YEAR under Tomlin. He has to go. The Rooneys have to bite the bullet, deal with the inevitable media backlash, and do it.

24. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Did anybody else see him taking longer and longer to get up after every time he was tackled?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hope ain'ts get blown out one and done!!!

• Agree Agree x 1