1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Officicial Game Day Thread Pittburgh at New Orleans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by zcoop, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Not disagreeing. But that's 2 games this year where a loss was a direct result of clearly, and blatantly favorable officiating for the opposing team.

And plenty of other games around the league this year. It's high time we just admit the refs job is to influence the outcome of the games. It's not scripted like the WWE. That would be too difficult (and players would never go along with it). But influenced, yes.

Every NO TD was tainted by a BS ref call.

No. I'm not paranoid. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. This has been going on far too long, and the league keeps introducing even more rules vague enough for refs to use "judgement" to swing a game.

I don't even know why I care about the game anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I saw it, too. The officials blew that call, as they blew many today. The Steelers gave this one away, but the officials were a huge factor in favor of the Saints.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    And like I posted 3 days ago, we are out of the playoffs needing help to get in.

4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    No, I'm telling you I don't know. But, I get your point. But, like I said, if it's made, we aren't having this discussion.

5. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    agreed we're not going to get it

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Romo and the Homo

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why wait? Leave now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Not on the second 4th down. On the slo mo replay, it misses the defenders arm

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You said you were done with the NFL? Steelers are in the NFL.

10. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    The second 4th down PI was not tipped.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    4th and 5 with 4:06 left and your defense playing well and Tomlin goes for it ...
    Game over I feel srry for this team with him as a coach.. Esp Ben and AB they put thyis team on there back tonight

12. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    unbelievable the teams we lost to this year. unbelievable. So tired of it all. but hey we had a lot winning seasons and that's all that matters

13. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    If that's the case, throw the ball!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I hope the Rooneys and the other owners are losing a lot of sleep tonight when they see what the season has come to. There's no reason for it and there is no excuse for it. The time for complacency is over. They can't keep burying their heads in the sand and living with the accolades of "consistency in coaching". Time to swallow the tough pill and admit you made a mistake with Tomlin and fix it! Every team makes a mistake in coaching, just fix it!

15. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    TWICE!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    AQL is right, though. This defensive coaching staff needs to go. Butler, Porter, et' al need to be gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes it was it hit someone's arm...Tuitt or Heyward I'm not sure and too livid to look again

18. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I blame ben when he has a bad game. And, I give him credit when he has a great game. This one wasnt on him. When you lose the turnover battle ... you typically lose the battle. First half was great, but second half we turned it over 3 times if you include fake punt

19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    No. They gave the Saints the opportunity to keep the drive alive. We STOPPED THEM on 4th down. Anything after that is BS.

Don't forget the heavily ref influenced loss to the Chargers. Not saying Tomlin is blameless, and Butler doesn't need to go. But I'll also call a spade a spade. We outplayed them. We couldn't overcome the officiating. And I'm quite certain the saints would have received another gift call if they needed it to score... and the refs would have turned a blind eye to mugging our receivers in crunch time.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I don't think they really care at this point. That's my honest opinion. We have our coach for the next ten years so get used to it. We'll waste more 1st round picks on the D this year.

21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

The officiating was bad for both games. No doubt. The Los Angeles game in particular was quite possibly, the most unusual officiated game I can ever recall; questionable at that. All that said, I still state this to you Ray_D.

Never forget these words:

"Champions are forged in the crucible of adversity."

22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You can't give breezy that many chances

23. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    2018 Season should be dedicated to Plaxico Burress......Shoot yourself in the foot

• Like Like x 1
  24. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    How about Ridley fumble or allowing 3rd and 20 or JuJu fumble.

Whining abouy refs is weak

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup!
    To pretend that stealing a possession away and handing a team the ball on the one early, had no outcome in this game is asinine!

To overlook the no PI with Vance late and only calling the Illegal contact is absurd!

There were at least three calls that put the Saints in direct scoring opportunities that were dubious at best. When the time comes for the Steelers to get one...miraculously they don't...

• Agree Agree x 1