1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin/ Rooney

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I knew...But was kind of hoping Tomlin would be fired this morning...

But that's not the Steeler Way...The continued losing to Oakland every time, Same misuse of TO's, same misuse of challenges, same unpreparedness to **** teams, clock management, garbage defense...

McCarthy just got fired but the Steelers don't operate that way..We stay the course, continuity, tradition, the Steeler Way...Belicheat beats Oakland and tbe like 50-0

Here's my prediction...Rooney will finally be bold, and by being bold I mean Tomlin will be put on notice ( hotseat ) Maybe even whack a coordinator...Butler / Smith *aka like Haley lat year...

Next year we will go 10-6...Beat some good teams ex: KC, NE, NO, or the like...Lose to ex: Oak, Ckev, Buff, or the like...

Wash, rinse, repeat...That will be good enough, We were competive, decent record, no use starting over and upsetting that " tradition " we have instilled...

Because that is the Steeler Way! The Steeler Way, As currently constructed is not good enough...And hasn't been for quite awhile!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m just as pissed as everybody else here. I also think Tomlin should be fired today.
    So here’s the thing. I hear a lot of people complaining about the so called “Steelers Way”
    At what point do the Steelers way and your way not line up anymore? At some point you have to either move on from the team or get over it.

3. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I like the Steelers Way (if there is such a thing). I just think they have a **** head coach and even worse d coord.

The Steelers are in a hell of a spot. They’re in the sunset of a HoF QB career and sorry MR fans I don’t see the heir apparent on the roster.

They also can’t keep ignoring (or missing) on defense. The Shazier injury had so much of a long term affect than anyone could ever have imagined.

Tomlin is about to oversee a complete rebuild

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Glenn...I know...I mean we are Steeler fans, watch every game and see what happens and can scrutinize...But ( and I usually don't put much stock ) into the talking heads...* Tv/ radio anylists, because they're there for shock value or to sell papers but...

When you see so many of them, including ex players pretty much saying " what the hell were the Steelers trying to do here with Allen" or Why wouldn't Tomlin call a TO, or something about every week...

It's not being a crybaby fan or whiner...And whining and judging everything they do but...When these stupid decisions continually account for you losing games, and ruining seasons...It's not bitching just to *****...There is legitimacy behind the words...

Tomlin is getting worse and worse, and costing this team games AND seasons...That is MY OPINION...And I will not shy away from my comments...

I hung in there with Tomlin because, No Coach is perfect, Can't anylize every single move but...The Dude has totally lost it imo...His decisions are atrocious, mind boggling ex: I " SCREEMED " T.O. at 1:45 left...How could anyone NOT call T.O. there...If they score ( which they did ) You have no chance to win ( barring a miracle, which almost happened )

That is just asinine and stupid...Which I think Tomlin is neither...He has " lost it " like a golf swing ( or Boswell kicking )

Like the great Chuck Noll said " Time to get on with his lifes work "...Noll was the greatest Coach ever, and knew when he was done...Unfortunately the decision has to be made FOR Tomlin!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    When a team is leading its division and has a better-than-even chance of making the playoffs, that’s not the right time to fire the head coach.

Give it 3-4 more weeks, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm as mad as the rest of you about Tomlin at the moment.

But, then I think myself, and say if Marvin Lewis keeps staying employed why should Tomlin be let go?

Lewis has a longer tenure than Tomlin, and he has zero playoff wins.

7. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    So the dumpster fire that is the Bengals (sorry BBH) should be our bar for success/consistency?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Not really. But hey if that guy can't even get fired, do you think Rooney is ever going to fire Tomlin when he hasn't had a losing season yet. Doubtful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What ever you do don't hire Hue Jackson... Bengals are 0-4 with him. Browns are 3-1 without him.

HA HA!

• Like Like x 1
  10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Not to pile on, but we also had another board member use Browns fans as a model. Man, the bar is being lowered with each passing moment.

Maybe we blame Ben for exchanging jerseys with Suggs? We're just one happy family in the AFC North!!

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    A man can dream.

12. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    i think if we miss the playoffs, Tomlin will for sure be gone.. that would be an epic collapse in this ****ty division. maybe another embarrassing early exit from the playoffs will do it this time too. there's no way he is as safe as he may have been a couple years ago.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Haley was the sacrificial lamb this past offseason.
    Butler will be the the scapegoat for this horrific defense that the HC is part of....
    Next year Tomlin will be on the hot seat for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Funny thing to me is that the GM of the Raiders got fired today..... probably for winning against us and ruining their 1st pick in the draft status.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers would never do it, I was ranting when I called for it yesterday but if this skid continues the rest of the way, I'll be madder than hell if they don't fire him after the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is a nice post disco. I really can’t disagree with any of it.

17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Great post!:applaud:

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I never thought there was any chance of Tomlin getting canned today. I just hope Art II opts for a change at the end of the year. Assuming Ben sticks around we may still have a couple of more shots at this thing. It is clear to me that if we are going to have a shot, it needs to be with a new HC.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    2 wrongs doesn't make it right.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    If he can rally the troops and they succeed at beating NE then do you change your mind? I know I won't. They have to make playoffs for me to change my mine which essentially will mean winning the division.

21. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    And win at least 1 playoff game.

22. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    The steeler way is a great business model. However there comes a time when you have to make tough decisions.

Is it possible for upper management to get a little tone deaf of Mr. Politician? I mean Tomlin.

Would the Lemieux group have severed ties with Tomlin by this point?

23. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Cinci is terrified to become the Cleveland Browns. They have one ounce stability...but it's a lot better than the yearly firesale in Cleveland

24. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    We will see how the team responds to the adversity. They know their coach is on the ropes. Do they rally together and go out and dominate these next 3 games in an effort to save him? Or do they roll over and get their asses handed to them, leaving their coach withering on the vine? That will tell us a lot about where Tomlin stands with his players. Do they save him or put the final nail in his coaching coffin? We shall see.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Making the Playoffs wont be enough to change my mind.. He needs to go !!