1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you remain a Steeler fan if......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Dec 8, 2018.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    team moved to another city????? Talking to Raider fan today and he has never been to Oakland and is excited they are moving to Vegas. I know there are many Steeler fans who have no affiliation with Pittsburgh. I would imagine those fans couldn't care less if the team moved.

Those of us born in the Burgh may be a different story. Although I've lived away from the Burgh for 45 years, I was born and raised there so I'd have some reservations rooting for another city. Only reason I would stay with them is because I'd have no other team but if down the line a new team would move to the Burgh not sure I'd root for them.

Did Brown fans root for Baltimore at first?? Probably not.

2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’m a fan of the Rooneys’ Steelers. If they relocated but otherwise stayed the same, I’d still be a fan. I’d miss Heinz Field and the shots of the city, though.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I would still be a fan but just visiting Pittsburgh once I fell in love and it would be a shame

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I am a Steelers fan because I am from Pittsburgh. I would not remain a fan of the team if they relocated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I have been a fan for 59 years. Probably not changing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yes I am in love with Pittsburgh as well. I have been at least 5 times and everytime I go i get to see and do more then the time previous. Always an awesome experience in a beautiful city.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If the Steelers abandoned Pittsburgh, I'd be done with them. I may not live there any more, but the connection to my hometown is the reason for my loyalty to the team in the first place.

I just can't imagine it ever being an issue. Life is all about change, but a hell of a lot would have to go wrong for the Steelers to leave Pittsburgh.

8. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    As long as they stayed the Steelers and not morphed into another team like the Oilers-Titans.

9. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    If the Steelers moved, they better change the name too. I for one wouldn't follow them to a new city. I would wait for Pittsburgh to get an expansion team. Much like the Browns did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I grew up in California, never been to Pittsburgh. If they moved, that would be a problem for me depending on where they went to.

If they went to Cleveland or Baltimore, I don't think I could stay a Steelers fan. If that happened hopefully they would pick a different name.

11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If the Steelers left Pittsburgh it would either be for greed or politics. I am from St. Louis and I am glad I became a Steelers fan, but it saddens me that the NFL has screwed St. Louis, but the politicians screwed themselves twice. The first time because the politicians didn't have the sense to help get a stadium built. The second time the politicians couldn't get their crap together, so the expansion team went to Jacksonville. Then St. Louis finally gets a team and Kroenke screws them because of greed.

I have enjoyed my two trips to Pittsburgh, but if the Steelers left, I would hope the NFL would treat it like Cleveland and the name and Super Bowls stayed with Pittsburgh, thus the city the team moved to would have to start with a new name and records.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I am a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. If the team moved, they would have to drop the name, just like the Browns. If and when a new Pittsburgh Steelers arose, I would root for them.

13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Could you imagine the money the NFL or its owners would make if teams became public companies and fans could buy stock in the teams?

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Green Bay

15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    But Green Bay's stock cannot be sold or traded, I believe only transferred.

16. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I was a Steeler fan in my pass life and things were pretty dam good. If i knew how things were going to be this round i would have been tempted to make some serious changes. It's like i had nearly 2 years prior to my consciousness. Oh well, who would have thought the image would be this tarnished. Go Steelers!

17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes and no. I'd always have a soft spot for the team and part of my would want them to do well, but they would no longer be my team. My team is from Pittsburgh.

I'm from Toronto originally, but even if Toronto got an NFL team, Pittsburgh would still be my team

18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    First time I went out of Texas in my life and was to Pittsburgh this 4th of July lol. Everyone was friendly to me, at least in my eyes they were lol

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    no surprised at all.. texas huh? did you leave your weapon at home haha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Not a huge gun enthusiast surprisingly. I like ballistic armors lol especially for k9’s

• Like Like x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If they only knew you like we know you. :lolol:

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Good God NO! I would never watch the NFL ever again.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Never lived in Pittsburgh, been a fan from afar, so them leaving probably wouldn't change much for me. Would just be weird calling them St Louis Steelers or something.

Glemm might like that though.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This.

I'm originally from the area (New Castle) and I have the same connection to my "hometown" teams - if they were to relocate, that would be it or me.

25. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Honestly, my heart broke for Cleveland. The fan bases are so similar and have so much history. Being born and raised here, I saw first hand how this team helped pull this region out of the black hole that was created when the steel industry started to go down the tubes. It is as much a part of the fabric of this city as the rivers, bridges and hills. So, there is no way I'd root for them if moved although, I can't see a scenario were it would happen.

And I'm happy the visiting Steeler fans have had great trips here. Despite some of the knuckleheads that are found in any NFL stadium every week, including Heinz Field, it is a very friendly town and fan base.