1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 7, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Man. This loss took a while to get over lol. Here we have the Raiders where Ben is 0-3 in their field, and 1995 was the last time we won there. Add in Tomlin's struggles with sub .500 teams on the road and the feeling we are crumbling and well, you have a recipe for a ton of crying posts lol.

No Conner is killer. Can Jaylen take care of business? He looks like the bus. Sorry meant to say he looks like a bust :D jk. Rooting for that kid.

All kidding aside as much as I want to cower in fear, I want to say we take care of business.

Some positives so far this season? We have been in every single game. Every loss has been close.

If this team had some mental fortitude and if Ben wasn't trying to be a hero, we would have 10 wins already.

So first game of a 8 game win streak? Hold our horses I guess. One game at a time. We all would feel better with this win.

Discuss

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We are 0-3 in the AFC west, the west has owned us this season and has pretty much killed our playoff hopes, one team left in the west, the raiders, are we going to go 0-4 and sit out the playoffs, it's very possible.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Raiders have one good WR, Jordy Nelson (after Cooper left) and a bunch average WRs after that. Surely the Steelers secondary can limit the Raiders/Carr to under 20 points. Raiders will probably use Nelson like Chargers did with Allen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    And Tuitt will cover him all day.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Fox sports:

“We don’t look ahead right now. We are looking at the Pittsburgh Steelers, that’s all we are doing,” Gruden said. “I’m really proud of our team. We fought back yesterday and made it 33-30 in the fourth quarter. We got them third-and-5, we get a stop and we jump offside. We gave Kansas City too many mulligans. We fumbled the ball to them three times. We had a fourth-and-1 called back, and we gave them first downs by jumping offside. We are not looking ahead to nothing except the Pittsburgh Steelers. I can assure you that, at least on our side of the building.”

Despite another loss that sent the Raiders to their 12th season of at least 10 losses in the past 16 years, Gruden was able to glean some positives, especially with the play from the offense.

Oakland ran for 171 yards for its biggest day on the ground since Week 2 in 2017. The Raiders averaged 6.1 yards per carry but were hurt by the fumbles from Doug Martin, Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington.

Quarterback Derek Carr had one of his best games yet, throwing for 285 yards and three touchdowns, while extending his streak of games without an interception to seven in a row, tying Rich Gannon’s franchise record.

Carr even managed to stretch the field a bit, completing five passes that traveled at least 15 yards downfield, tied for his most in a single game in the past two seasons.

“I think the offensive line has gotten healthy. I think that helps,” Gruden said. “I think we’re healthier up front. Derek has played good football. I think that’s a great combination. When you’re healthy upfront and you’ve got some continuity with your linemen, you’re able to pass-protect and block better. It has an effect on every phase of your offense. Derek has been hot. He’s been playing well. He’s really picking up the system well. He made some great audibles yesterday. He made some great throws. I’m excited about that.”

But it wasn’t enough in part because of the fumbles, the holding penalty on center Rodney Hudson that wiped out a fourth-down conversion on the opening drive and the offside penalty against Fadol Brown that extended Kansas City’s game-sealing touchdown drive.

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Their TE Cook is the main threat on offense, We are doomed.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    C'mon man . Where's your sportsmanship? Give them a chance and use McCullers....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers season will officially end sometime around 7pm on Sunday. Lose this game vs. Raiders and it's over.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    so much doom and gloom lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Lose this game and forget about winning the division. Heck, maybe even forget about making the postseason entirely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    lose this game and I don't even want them to make the postseason lol

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I bet McCullers would do better in coverage then whatever he calls what his is doing when he is on the DL........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

So I see this thread title and am like yeah that's what I need let's talk Raiders. Then I read the start of your post and I think I am ready to be committed......0-3 vs the Raiders, haven't won there since 95, Tomlins struggles vs sub .500 teams, playing on the road, a west coast game, a 2 game losing streak....AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

OMG I can't take it I can't take it............Go Steelers!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I look at it this way, even given all the past history of being terrible in Oakland. You got to be able to take care of business of games you are suppose to win. If we can't beat a team that is 2-10, then we don't deserve a chance to play in the playoffs.

Steelers had they won last Sunday against the Chargers, would of looked straight past this game and moved on the New England game. Given their past history of overlooking and playing down to teams.

Being that they lost and being the the division lead is now in peril, I think they take this one very seriously, and will do what they need to do to get the W.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's Heinz. He was doing that during the winning streak.

16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are not a good team right now... and have been overrated for quite some time. The 13-3 record last year was a mirage. A bunch of sandbagged wins against teams without their starter at QB. We're seeing the results of poor drafting on the defensive side of the ball and questionable decisions (Bell debacle, etc). Also, letting the QB dictate the offense without much input from the OC and HC. The chickens are coming home to roost.

If the Steelers beat the Raiders in Oakland... fine, I'll hold out hope for another week and a playoff berth. If not... might as well pack it in, let Dobbs/Rudolph play QB... and hope for a good draft position, somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. InBenWeTrust

InBenWeTrust Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    This is the last time we’ll ever play in Oakland.

18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    you're not wrong...

19. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

FF to 6:32 and get Tunch's take on the Raiders.

20. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Have no fear, Butler is dialing up Bostic on Nelson as we speak.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    We thought that back in the 80's too! Saw the Steelers play the LA Raiders several times. Alas, it always seemed to be smack dab in the middle of the San Quentin Alumni Section. I'm looking forward to the Vegas move - 2 hour drive, cheap hotels and eats (this could change though on game days).

22. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    We never win in Oakland
    We give up 24 per game
    We can’t cover anyone
    We rarely get a turnover
    We turn the ball over twice a game avg
    Finally we catch some breaks and roll
    38-17

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Hard to have a good feeling about this team right now. It’s almost like I’m waiting for something bad to happen each game since the Carolina Miracle. Lose this game and the seasons over. Win and we could have a chance because Cincy is even worst right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This game will be over by halftime, the Steelers in a blowout win.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Kiss of death

52ADD148-2C06-4D5A-8420-F33FADACEC23.jpeg

• Disagree Disagree x 1