1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Report

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Dec 6, 2018.

1. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Gilbert once again misses practice and will miss his 7th straight game Sunday. Why he hasn’t been put on IR is beyond me he’s obviously out for the season. Very bizzare situation.

Conner will miss this Sunday as well with his high ankle sprain. He also is most likely out for the season although that has not been confirmed.

Chickillo also misses Wednesday and if he’s out today he will not play Sunday opening the door for Ola.

Everyone else is on track to play.

2. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Missing in this report: Switzer is in concussion protocol.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm not sure where your gathering info on Conner being out for the season. There is no word on how severe of an high ankle sprain it is, could he miss 3-4 weeks yes but he could still return by week 17 or playoffs if we get there.

4. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Switzer was a full go yesterday. He’s on track to play as long as he doesn’t have a setback

5. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    If you watched him leave the field you could see it was a bad ankle tear. A normal sprain you might be a little gimpy but nowhere near what we saw Conner look like. He could be back by the playoffs if we make it.

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I had an high ankle sprain in high school senior year. It took me a solid month before good movement came back, and I didn't play running back. I also was not a pro player with the best medical staff that can be had etc.

I would say Bengals game earliest, or Wildcard round should we make it.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ben should be on the list since he has a cold. :rolleyes:

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Even though it was declared a high ankle sprain...There are also different degrees of those...The fact that he was walking after the game without a boot, Gives me hope that it may be only a couple weeks

• Like Like x 2
  9. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

Sniffles worked for me as to getting out of school and reporting off work. Im sure it would work great for Ben dodging the dreaded section 105. Come on Josh you can do it!!

10. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I’m actually coming off a nasty cold and bronchitis. It was rough hopefully he is better by Sunday.

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You really need to stop posting incorrect information and conjecture and passing it off as fact. A bad ankle tear is not a sprain. Also, the medical staff may have told him to avoid putting weight on it until they had done a full examination. You really don't know what you are talking about on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Well I guess according to you he should be out there vs NE right? He’s done man get over yourself.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, I wrote absolutely nothing that makes a claim either way regarding his status for the game against the Patriots. Neither of us really knows his status beyond this week. The difference is I realize that and you don't.

14. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I know how long a high ankle sprain takes to heal. Next week we can have the same ***** fest. And the week after that and the week after that than I will be able to say your a.......

15. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Chickillo missed again today and is doubtful for Sunday. Everyone else besides the two out for the season should be ready to go.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Get back to me when it’s confirmed he has a bad ankle tear.
    Same thing for Gilbert. You don’t know jack **** about his injury.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Show us the confirmation that it is a high ankle sprain. By the way, he was walking without a brace or boot after the game Sunday.

But thank you for demonstrating that what you are really interested in is finding an excuse to say something derogatory about a fellow fan and poster on this board. It was already clear, but more evidence is always welcome.

I'm not saying he definitely doesn't have a high ankle sprain. I'm saying we don't know because we don't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    [​IMG]

To be clear, the bit about Chickillo is correct. The rest is you making things up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    "Is writing fiction considered lying"

Only in our heads, dude. To the reading public, it's an amazing story.

Don't know that we'll miss Chikillo, except maybe on ST. Hope that doesn't kill us this week.

20. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I read Conner's leg is actually broken in three places, he has a couple broken ribs, a collarbone injury, and he's also in concussion protocol!! Hey, I saw it on the internet, it's gotta be true, right??? LOL

21. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Gilbert and Conner both out. Gilbert’s 7th in a row but I’m sure he’s A OK.

Chickillo practices today and is now questionable although he is quoted as saying he will play Sunday.

Also listed as questionable is Burnett although he practiced all week. I suppose the Steelers feel between now and Sunday a hang nail could appear.

22. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    No that’s all false. He just has a high ankle sprain and should be ready for training camp in 2019

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I hear Ben has been listed as Questionable because of intermittent color blindness

• Like Like x 2
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Given Gilbert's injury history and the fact he will be on the wrong side of 30 next season due to said injuries; I think it is safe to say his "Steelers Story" might be coming to an end. Missing seven games is not good for any player; players who are 30 and over doubly so. The human body simply does not heal as well in ones 30s than in ones 20s.

Should he be let go of next season, he is roughly $1.8 million against the cap for that season. Add the development of Chuks and Gilbert is likely a cap casualty awaiting to happen. The bigger question for next season remains with Jerald Hawkins vs. Zach Banner. Who will win out next season? Time will tell.

25. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Well he does have a bad cold so