1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We Should sign some defensive studs with Bells salary

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Dec 4, 2018.

1. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Get rid of Burns , McCullers

ILB - make a push for the Ravens CJ Mosely who will be a free agent

OLB - throw money at Anthony Barr

Draft a NT, OL, DB, S (possibly moving up to snatch a player in RD 1 if need be

2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    For the 9 million$ he's due, an upgrade could be found.

3. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018

Alualu is not much of a pass rusher, and neither are McCullers and Walton but what draft pick are you going to use on a backup? 1st and 2nd round picks start, and 3rd round picks usually start in a year or two so you're talking about a 4th or later. Our starting DL were all picked in the 1st to the 3rd round.

Our OLB's could use some veteran presence? I'm fine with the team signing one. We should have a lot of cap space. Whoever it is I don't see them starting over Watt or Dupree.

Your not sold on Dupree? I agree. I would not have picked up his 5th year option. I think he is worth league minimum pay and he would be good to have as a backup but the team picked him up for next year so it's a done deal.

4. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    I wanted ILB Genard Avery so bad. I couldn't believe he fell to the 5th round and the stinkin' Browns got him but his tackle numbers are horrible this year. In 12 games he only has 20 tackles, he gets 3 or 4 tackles a game, so he is completely lost out there and probably shouldn't be playing yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's not a done deal.
    "teams can rescind the fifth-year option, which is guaranteed for injury alone."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lers-exercise-lb-bud-duprees-fifthyear-option

6. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

Foster was grumbling about a new contract. I would make him an offer but not too much.

The backups we have, Finney, Feiler, and Okafor, have played well when they've had to come in so I think we are fine with what we have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

Oh man, I would love to get ILB CJ Mosley. Doubt the Ravens would let him get away though.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    True, but the option is there. I don't pretend to know what the front office is thinking, ever. (I'm not saying you are)