1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Conner ruled OUT. Injury more serious than they thought.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We were 13-3 last year!

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Oh...You probably meant " we will win ANOTHER. game this year " correct

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

They already have more than enough ammunition as it stands. Any more would not yield too much more hesitation.

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Time to see what Jaylen Samuels and Trey Edmunds can do then. If anything, I would rather have Edmunds go in between the tackles and Samuels pass catching than seeing Ridley on the field.

His ball security concerns me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    :lolol:

I think you are implying they are going to run the ball. That would be hilarious, they ignored a top 5 RB for the year last two weeks. But will go run heavy this weekend with a call up from the PS. Deception :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

For Tomlin's sake, he better run thethe ball. Otherwise, that proverbial seat he is on is going to crank up even more should Pittsburgh lose.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Wouldn't it be Fichtner's seat cranking up, since Tomlin doesn't have anything to do with the game planning/play calling?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nope. It is his inaugural season. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Butler is of another matter all together.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If Tomlin has nothing to do with the game planning or play calling, why would the run game fall on his shoulders?
    As long as Tomlin oversees personnel, time management, talent evaluation, camaraderie, focus and has the team stay on course he should have the head coaching job in Pittsburgh forever.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Why? Simple. Time management. If Tomlin has that with the proper usage of timeouts, he should be fine. Keyword is should.

Again, Fichtner really is not the issue here. A greater issue could be placed on Ben in the last two games. Going "ariel gung-ho" on offense is not going to do anything.

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That doesn't make sense to me. If Tomlin is fired at the end of the season, the sole reason will be due to his poor time management?, or are you tying the run game into his time management duties?, or am I in a time machine right now, headed for an parallel universe?

Ben stated in his radio interview after the Broncos loss that he wanted to throw the ball on all 4 downs at the end of the game, but Randy told him to run it. Unless Ben is lying, it sounds like he's taking orders from his OC.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

To start, among the reasons Tomlin is fired, that is likely to be one of many if we are accounting for how inefficiently he has managed the clock over the years. Another would be his greatest criticism; playing down to the level of competition.

Second, Ben is not lying whatsoever. Ben's issue is he wants to "heave ho" every single game. As you and I both know, balance is key. Whatever happened after the events of the Jaguars game is likely affecting Ben's trust with Fitchner's gameplan. The rushing attack was working well up to that point. Why Ben enacted the way he did is beyond me.

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    As bad as Tomlin's clock management has been this season, I think it's improved compared to the last several seasons. That wasn't what I was trying to point out though.

I know Ben isn't lying and I know he wants to throw the ball on every play. I was pointing out an example of Ben running the play Fichtner called (when Ben wanted to do something else), meaning Fichtner's play calling could be the problem, not (just) Ben. I don't think Ben's gone rogue.