1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we sign K Hunt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Dec 4, 2018.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Apparently the Chiefs were aware of it, and the NFL.

2. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Say what you will about your interpretation of the video. The most egregious act was him kicking her when she was down. There’s no excuse for that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The bottom line for me is this - there is no excuse for hitting a woman. I don't care if she hit you first, she called you a name, blah blah blah. You have the option to avoid the hit, grab her arm, subdue her, whatever. The instant you make an offensive move on her, you are trash. On top of that, you're an athlete? Please... unless she's Ronda Freakin' Rousy, you have the ability to avoid physicality.

And this has nothing to do with the #MeToo movement, or how "things are today". This is Man 101 and has been forever. If you believe otherwise, you are deluded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I don't think the OP is serious. I think he just wanted to type "K Hunt" otherwise he would've just typed Kareem Hunt.

Get it?

K Hunt....like Mike Hunt....like C*nt.

Any you all fell for it.

5. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    It doesn't matter, he laid hands on her first.

He's an adult. He's a professional with everything to lose. He should have known better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    In a world full of Ray Rice's and Kareem Hunts. Be a Troy Polamalu.

Seen that guy give his chair to his wife and fairly new born son during an after game press conference for Super Bowl XLIII and he gave the rest of the press conference standing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

Give me a break who got in who's face here? The girl. Pretty clear who the aggressor was. I find it amusing people can get in your face and when you do something about it you're suddenly the 'aggressor'.

Hunt is fine. He doesn't have a lengthy history of violence. His kick was more of a "don't be a ****" kick than intending on causing harm.

I'm sure if Hunt wanted to cause harm to this girl he could have done much worse. I think I could kick harder than that and I'm not a world class athlete.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    People are brainwashed. For all you know, she had a knife, taser, whatever. She got in his face. It does matter.

What if a guy did the same thing to a girl. Who is the aggressor then?

Not everyone is capable of reading between the lines.

For him to be out of the league for this is ridiculous. They should have both gotten verbal warnings from the cops and moved on. There were no injuries here besides a bruised ego on her part.

The underage girl drunk out of her mind being initiating aggressive behavior should have been issued with underage drinking violation.

Anyways done discussing this. I'd have no problem with Hunt on this team after this incident.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Can you imagine how the Infringement Lawyers would wrestle with the conflict of a Team playing on Heinz Field signing anyone named Hunt? Would be almost as bad as Bud Dupree or Reggie Bush playing for the Rockies at Coor's Filed. Yes it's a long slow boring week.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s a moot point. I read in another thread that we were going to trade for Carlos Hyde.

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The guy's not even a Steeler. The hope of him being a Steeler is enough for you to start blaming the victim. That's disturbing.

She did not initiate the physical conflict. He did. At one point, his actions sent her flying. Then, when she was no threat at all, he kicked her, and your argument for that is that he could have kicked her harder? Seriously?

This is not an isolated incident. Hunt also resorted to violence in another incident this year that is being investigated. I wouldn't be complaining that much if I signed him because it's not new. They signed Vick, whose actions were brutal and disgusting. They stood by Roethlisberger. They stood by Harrison when he was accused of bashing down a door to get at the mother of his child and hitting her with a phone. I don't see the need to try to justify Hunt's behavior. If the league is going to allow him to play again, I won't scream about any decision the Steelers make about pursuing him. I also won't ignore the reality of what he has done.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Men don't hit women,let alone kick them after the fact they hit them to the ground ..The guy is a disgusting human being ..

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The sad part is that some men do hit women and they have been getting away with it far too much of the time for a very long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Oh I know , I guess I should have put the word men in parentheses or something
    Because a real man never hits a woman
    Hell , my dad taught me that when I was 8 years old

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yes I think we should and then we could go to the prisons and sign guys coming out on parole. Why not. Who cares anymore what kind of people the steelers hire.. character means nothing so long as they can play football..

17. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Some of the takes on here are insane. Hunt was not defending himself throughout that video. He had plenty of opportunity to just walk away and in fact left at one point of the video. All he had to do was go back to his room and not fight his way through people to get to her. To me the worst part of the video is how desperate he is to get to her. That isn't someone defending himself against an aggressor. That's being the aggressor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Wow. Just wow.

19. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    If a 2 year old child throws a tantrum and slaps a football player's hand, does that mean the 250 lb athlete should beat the child unconscious, because he was hit first? At some point, the player needs to ask himself, what is a reasonable and proportional response to what is going on. Not "I should use as much force as I possess."

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    while I agree this is true, women should not hit men either. Guys laugh about it but domestic abuse goes both ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    There was nothing domestic about this incident. Hunt didn't even know the woman.

22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    There's actually 3 incidents of violence involving Hunt currently being investigated. The guy is a skunk.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...em-hunt-incidents-when-determining-punishment

"Per ESPN.com's Dan Graziano, the NFL will look at Hunt kicking and shoving a woman at a Cleveland hotel in February, a physical altercation in a nightclub in January and a restaurant altercation in June before announcing a potential suspension."

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Sounds like he has some anger issues. A loose cannon.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If she had a weapon, wouldn't the smart thing be to go back in his room and call the police, not chase her around like a maniac while his crew tries to keep him away from her? Even if it was a dude he was assaulting, there's no defending his actions. If he wanted to be in the right, he could have and should have got away from her.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Are you freaking kidding me pal??? She walked up to him! Thats getting in his face?!? If you think his response is ok, that’s pretty disturbing. Get away from me with that bs.

And watch it again, she gets slammed into the wall, she was injured. I don't care how light the kick was, she was clearly injured and you justify his actions? You know what a decent human being does there, check your anger and make sure the girl is ok. But of course a decent human being doesn't need to be restrained over and over from attacking a girl. Ooooh what a big tough guy he is! Hes a pos punk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1