1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LB is somewhere smiling

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Dec 4, 2018.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I want the Pirates to succeed more then any other team in the Burgh, now that is the most futile endeavor of them all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I know a high ankle sprain takes 6 weeks roughly to heal. I know we have 4 weeks left in the season. Therefore a simple case of logic would imply he’s out for the season. Perhaps you missed that course in school

3. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    And how big must those clothespins be?

• Like Like x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Probably hittin the dank with Snoop D O double G

5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Somewhere there are folks who don’t really care about LB

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Jesus two dancing Christ kid the only person calling it a high ankle sprain is you.

7. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    “I don’t know if you’d describe it as a high ankle sprain, it’s an ankle sprain. Much more than a contusion it was initially thought to be,” Tomlin said.

Read between the lines. He doesn’t know what it is? Come on man

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    How about, he knew what it probably was but didn't want to say anything until a doctor confirmed it?!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I can understand that but why say it’s a contusion? It doesn’t matter now we all knew it was serious and it is

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Perhaps that’s what he was told.

11. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Smiling for what ? A 3rd round draft pick came in and filled in just fine In his absence. He got hurt it happens. Next man up to run behind that line will look good too and make him look dumber than already does.

12. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Every bad ankle sprain I've ever had, and I've had some bad ones when I was younger, took two weeks to heal completely. I was walking without a limp after three or four days.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This x a million.

Although he may be too dumb to realize it.

14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Multiple sources have been reporting ankle sprain since around lunchtime today.

“As mentioned above, the recovery for high ankle sprains can take considerably longer than typical ankle sprains. In fact, it can take six to seven weeks before athletes return to play.” [LINK]

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I see calling you out for you trolling has struck a nerve because you went straight to name-calling. You've been calling for his demise and now you are bouncing among multiple threads bragging about being right. Clearly, you are more interested in a false victory than a Steelers victory.

Regarding seeing reality, I've been posting that they are in trouble since the end of the game Sunday night. Even before Conner was ruled out for the game against Oakland, I said Pittsburgh will be lucky to split the last four games and even that might not be enough to make the playoffs. The Raiders are bad, but the Steelers are definitely capable of losing to them. I'm plenty realistic. I just have my priorities in order.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are well past reading between the lines into making stuff up. Spare us your fictional fantasies.

• Like Like x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He kinda is. But not for those reasons. The draft this yr doesnt have a saquon or Zeke type of RB prospect so teams will want him. He also has some pretty good options. KC, HOU, PHI, SEA, and INDY all would be great options. All of them have cap money to spend, all have franchise QBs, and arguably future wise are in better shape than we are.

18. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    The way conner has been used the last 4 weeks suggest to me that he isn't the same RB he was early in the season. He gets up after every play leaving fans wondering if he is hurt..I think he has just hit the wall physically and mentally. He actually scares me about fumbling every time he touches the ball now.

19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    He is holding out for payday. He be damned if he goes down like Earl Thomas. Could be a career-ending injury. Wants the big multi-contract deal other players are getting. I get it.

My only real beef with Bell was how he didn't communicate. Didn't care for the cat and mouse game played with all the looming speculation. Other than that, he's within his right to do what he wants to do with his life and his body.

Him sitting out gives him a GAURANTEE he will not be injured before his unrestricted free agent multiyear payday, which has obviously been on his mind for a while.

So it's all how you look at it. If he got injured his first game back he would have not received all that money either.

Bell was fun to watch in the Burgh and honestly don't think he's going to have the impact on other teams as he had here for multiple reasons. He'll be like the many other players that were great here only to leave and slowly fade into retirement.

I'm surprised the Cardinals don't pick him up .. << kidding

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He B

• Like Like x 1
  22. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The injury would have to be so catastrophic that it would impact his value for a hold out to be worth it. Earl Thomas broke is leg and he will be ready to go and 100% by the start of next season. Even if Bell would have suffered the exact same injury at the exact same time as Conner just did, he still will be fully recovered by next season and it would not have impacted his FA value. Plus he would have and extra $14.5M laying around.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Of coarse he's smiling. HE'S BAKED!

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Ki-Jana Carter

@3:16

3rd running play in the NFL. Never was the same for his career.

So it certainly can and has happened in the past.

So he forfeits 14.5 mill this year to make more than that in a guaranteed contract next year over a multi-million dollar deal. He might not get 14.5 mil a year, but he'll almost certainly get over 14.5 mil guaranteed over the course of a long-term contract deal.

So for him it ultimately works. He wants the multi-year contract and the opportunity to hit free agency as the top running back/dual threat at his position. I can't blame the guy.

25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That’s one guy out of how many thousands of running backs since? I’d say the odds are in his favor of playing an entire season w/o an injury significant enough to hurt his value.

How about another name? Gabe Rivera.
    Not wishing any ill will, but Bell there’s everyday life he has to live for a year. God forbid he could be seriously injured before his next contract and not get any of it.