1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Report

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Nov 28, 2018.

1. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Gilbert once again misses practice and is looking unlikely to play on Sunday. I honestly have to think he’s out for the season at this point. One of the more hush hush bizzare injury situations I have seen.

Bud Dupree missed practice with his pec today and if he’s out tomorrow I would anticipate him missing Sunday.

Same goes for Macdonald and his hip. If he is not practicing tomorrow I expect the glassman to return and be out on Sunday.

Another Glassman Burnett is also listed as out today with a back injury. Tomlin didn’t mention him so hopefully he is practicing tomorrow or he will be out Sunday once again.

Tuitt returned to a limited practice and if he can go full by Friday should be back on Sunday.

2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What was Watt’s game injury last week?

Ugh, a hurt Dupree on the field.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well Matty, if we graded on improvement you'd get an A+. You have 16 fewer dislikes with this thread than that other recent one. :thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I explained the other thread was a drunken overreaction to watching that puke worthy performance on Sunday. For whatever reason Conner throwing the ball onto the ground really stood out to me at that point.

• Like Like x 3
  5. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Gilbert missed another practice today and will once again be out Sunday. At this point you have to question on wether or not he will play again this season. It looks like Feiler is 100% and will start this week with Chuks backing him up.

Burnett also missed another practice today and is thus very doubtful for Sunday. He would need to get a full practice in tomorrow to get a hat. Very strange because Tomlin never even mentioned him on Tuesday. The new glassman.

Speaking of Glassman Macdonald returned to a full practice and is on track to play barring any setbacks.

Dupree got in a limited session and is trending in the right direction. If he goes full tomorrow he should be good for Sunday night.

Tuitt went full today and should be good for Sunday. A welcoming edition however we need to hope he is ready and not playing hurt like last year

• Like Like x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree with the overall point regarding Tuitt, but there are degrees of playing hurt. It seemed as if he was playing with one arm most of the time last season. It doesn't seem like this elbow injury is anywhere near as severe.

The Burnett thing really is odd and it absolutely hurts the defense. They are better when he can be out there, even just in sub packages.

The same is true of Gilbert. For all the positive talk about Feiler and Okorafor, the line still isn't going to be at its best as long as Gilbert is sidelined.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No Burnett would be very bad going up against River. Wonder what happened to him.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I believe it is a back injury. Hell, you can just sleep awkwardly and aggravate a back injury.

I agree that any injury in the secondary is going to hurt Sunday, though Gordon's absence for the Chargers will help. Yes, they have other good backs, but none is on Gordon's level.

9. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    We need fitness trainers to make these guys flexible like gumby. About tired of hearing how a stiff wind tweaked someones muscle.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Gilbert fails to practice yet again and is out for Sunday. Something stinks here I believe he is out for the season.

The new Glassman Morgan Burnett also misses practice again and will miss yet another game. Complete waste of a FA signing. He has actually been a decent calming force when he’s played unfortunately he rarely plays.

Dupree returned to a full practice and would appear to be on track to play. However reports of a torn pec have come out and he is officially a GTD. Tomorrow we will see if O̟li is added to the 53 which may give us some insight.

Sutton was a surprise addition for personal reasons and is now questionable. Secondary could be missing some players this weekend

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is lousy timing for Sutton. I assumed he would get a few more snaps with Burnett out.

12. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Ola was added to the 53 so either Dupree is out or very questionable

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I just mentioned this on the thread about the roster move. Even if Dupree is going to play, it seems foolish to go with only three outside linebackers while he is hurting.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    does this mean burns plays more? :cool:

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    For all he is worth right now, they'd be better off with George Burns.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Aside from Conner, Chickillo seems to be the worst of the new injuries. He sat out Wednesday with an ankle sprain.

Still no word on what was or is going on with Cameron Sutton. He's not hurt, but he sat out Sunday. That was one of the reasons the Chargers kept finding mismatches for their receivers, because the Steelers were without Sutton and Burnett. The good news is Burnett returned as a full participant at practice Wednesday. So did Cameron Canaday and Ryan Switzer. It sounds like Switzer just needed to clear practicing to get through the concussion protocol.

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-14-injury-report-raiders