1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rusty Ben?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WinTheNorth, Nov 15, 2018.

1. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm generally dismissive of these sorts of "historucalyh blah blah blah" claims (e.g historically the Pats have had our number... History has nothing to do with it... Bellicheck is a better coach than Cowher or Tomlin right NOW) but I saw this regarding Ben's record after TNF games.

During Ben Roethlisberger’s career, he has a record of 9-3 in games following the extended break from playing on Thursday the previous week (when he played in both the Thursday game and the game the following week). In those nine victories, the Steelers’s have scored an average of 34.1 points.

Looking forward to 10-3 this Sunday!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Your post is the exact opposite of the title.

Certainly the rest helps players stay fresh.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WinTheNorth

Oct 16, 2011
    Hence the question mark... i guess I have to cop to a bit of "click baiting" :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    How can you not respect the Brady and Billicheck era? I remember watching the game Dre Bledsoe went down AGAINST THE STEELERS >> a new era was born SOME TOUGH ASS MATCHUPS.

AND... they've had our number. Billicheck has had BOTH Cowher's and Tomlin's number, both whom most would suggest are very GOOD coaches. << despite popular opinion on here.

Jaguars fine.. a get just a little nervous.

The Pats .. until we can stop them I have no confidence. THEY of all teams have the Steelers' number.

Tom Brady is a plague to Steelers nation.

'Tom Brady is 10-2 against Pittsburgh in his career (including playoffs), with a 115.1 passer rating."

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000892525/mind-boggling-stats:-patriots-vs.-steelers

This dude annihilates us everytime we play against him. Have been watching it since he came in the league. Very frustrating

To me there is no other rivalry except Brady, Billicheck, and the patriots.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Fixed it!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    In which game against the Steelers did Drew Bledsoe get injured? When he suffered the injury that allowed Brady to step in as the starter in 2001, the Patriots were playing the Jets.

In the AFC Championship Game that season, Brady started against the Steelers. Brady was injured during the game and Bledsoe came on in relief. He actually led the Patriots to their only offensive touchdown in that game. Brady did very little that day, but the Patriots two touchdowns on special teams.

7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Should have posted a gif of a hot nude girl for the title only to see another bell thread

8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The problem is Belicheck is a tactician, while Cowher and Tomlin, both good coaches, are motivational coaches. There is nothing wrong with motivational coaches, but they generally don't win multiple Super Bowls. It is the coaches that are tacticians that win multiple championships. Lombardi was a tactician. Bill Walsh was a tactician. Chuck Noll was even a tactician. Joe Gibbs, another tactician. A tactician can game plan to a team's weakness or limit a team's strength. A coach who motivates has a harder time adjusting, when his best players are neutralized. The Eagles beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl last year, partly because Pederson knew they had to score touchdowns and not settle for field goals. He had to be a tactician to match Belicheck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. WinTheNorth

Oct 16, 2011
    You know you just gave me an idea.... i'm thinking I should post a half nude picture of MYSELF every new page of every bell thread

10. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Brady and Belichick....the Patriots have a consistent record beating everyone, not just us. Here is what makes it tough. The Patriots don't really blow teams out either. It give hope to everyone, but same results. Yeah, they slip up once in awhile, and then it motivates them for another 8 weeks.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He will get in that warm weather and his joints an body will fill like a million bucks. It is currently 25 Degrees here in WPA

12. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't disagree with what you're saying except the super bowl part. The Eagles beat the Pats because the Eagles were on the receiving end of favorable calls that the Pats normally got all season long. The Clement TD catch was bobbled a bit but was called a catch and the Nick Foles gadget TD was actually illegal formation that was missed. The Pats should have had at least 1 more loss than they had, they beat the Texans on a TD that was clearly dropped when Brandon Cooks was going to the ground and yet the catch stood, the only time those calls went against the Pats was the Super Bowl.

13. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    If that deters more bell threads I'm all for it lol

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    They should have had another loss to the Steelers with JJ catch..

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I still say that was probably the right call under the rules at the time, but no way in hell was it clear enough evidence to overturn the call on the field, which was touchdown.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m guessing the odds are against me, but I’m hoping you are a hotter than hell 25 year old female.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This was my first thought! What I bet we get is some guy over 500 lbs sitting in his undwear resting a bag of Doritos on his gut. Trust me, I am not lucky enough for it to be your alternative!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. WinTheNorth

Oct 16, 2011
    Well... i'm (quite a bit) more fit than that but... it's supposed to be a disincentive for people to even look at the thread :cool: