1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s talk Jags

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Nov 11, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    early I know but they have lost 5 straight, we have won 5 straight.

Pats also lost along with bengals.

These past 4 years have been “when it’s too good to be true it’s too good to be true. Meaning the Tomlin of yesteryear loses this game.

Hypothetical “we should beat this garbage team” is hypothetical until we actually do.

I hope Steelers are pissed and crush them.

Will Fourtnette be a problem? Can we actually create pressure this time?

I say they are part of the revenge tour.

Steelers 38
    Jaguars 13

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Let’s beat them jag offs. 36-16 good guys

• Like Like x 2
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    It comes down to focus vs. distractions. The Bell situation will have closure if he doesn't show up Tuesday. It will be a media circus if he does. Will AB put himself in the news this week? The defense should be better prepared for Jax. this year. Fournette is back, but the Steelers d-line is healthier than last year. The Steelers should be able to put 8 in the box. The Steelers offense should be able to put up 30 if Ben plays smart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I guess I will play the role of Debbie Downer this week. To me, this is a trap game. Steelers are rolling and need a win over a struggling team, with a losing record, on the road. We have all witnessed this scenario before. I will pick the Steelers to win, because I always do. But I will not be shocked if all the Bell threads are replaced with "Fire Tomlin" threads next week.

Steelers 23
    Jags 20

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Pessimistic me agrees with you but staying optimistic here.

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm going to be there I can't wait

• Like Like x 3
  7. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015

Not saying we can't lose, but to me a "trap game" is one where the team is disinterested in the opponent because they are taking for granted they'll beat them. I'm not sure how that can be the case playing the team that knocked you out of the playoffs, and then proceeded to talk a bunch of trash? I think they have the Steelers' full attention!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I hope you are right. This is the Steelers chance to get revenge in a big way. The Jags are awful this year. I guess we will see what team shows up on Sunday. Hopefully it's the one from Thursday night!

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Jags, Raiders and Broncos are horrible teams until they play the Steelers. Write it down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think the Jags will have the team's full attention. They'll want redemption for the playoffs last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Jaguars are a mess without Fournette. He returned and it showed in an improved offense today. The defense isn't as good as it was in 2017, but it is still up there among the league leaders. Bouye's status will be a part of it. He is injured and sat out again today. If he is still out, that's a big help.

I wouldn't put the Jaguars in the same category as the Broncos and Raiders, though the Steelers should beat all three.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ben 5 int's in the first meeting, the defense not being able to stop anything. Both home losses and one a playoff game. I am going to say this is as big of a revenge game as there is and I just can't see how we don't stop these guys into the ground!!!!!!

13. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    This loss today was an absolute nail in their coffin. Have to hope they play with little emotion and possibly have some turmoil

14. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I bet out TE's will be busy. I see an ugly close game, 26-23.

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Jacksonville definitley caught many by surprise last season. Now that teams know who the Jaguars are, no surprises this time in addition to having a greater understanding of who they are.

Add the fact that we have a more competent offensive coordinator and this game is going to be different. Pittsburgh is better equipped to handle Jacksonville this season than the last.

As I said:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Gotta win this one. It’ll be a tough fame, but we need Conner (if he’s all good) and Ben to carry the load. I’m guessing Fournette runs free again.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Fournette is back. He is Kryptonite to the Steelers like Brady and Glennon. :facepalm:

Fournette will have 70 yards by the end of the first quarter.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    They would love to play spoiler lol

19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The Jaguars are a tough ass defense. I have no idea what's been going on with them, but how can you not respect them after what we saw last year?

Every game is a tough game. Like someone else said, Fournette is back. He's one hell of a running back.

A huge challenge, but I think the Steelers now are up for it.

side note... I'm really liking the play of LJ Fort. We need our defensive line and linebackers to have a hell of a game.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    SO what if he does as long as the Steelers have a 23 sec span to rival the one they did on Thursday night let Fournette chew up clock and ground in the first half. Outscore them early and often and they have to fall back onto Bortles arm to win and that is a weak foundation.

• Like Like x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    English? Run on sentences are not my thing.

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Jag's record is 14-11 over us.. Some teams just have others teams # as we all know.. But i think we win this Sunday

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fournette averaged a whopping 2 ypc against the Colts, I'm not worried about him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The key to beating the Jags, jump on them early make them play catch up.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I see a trap game in our future, possibly Sunday.