1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Cowher Timeline on NFL Network

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Nov 11, 2018.

1. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Anybody catch this Friday night ? Man lots of Good and Real bad memories!! The fire he coached with early in his career here was awesome. Pretty sure he will never coach again . Seems pretty happy with his broadcasting career...…...3 MORE YARDS still pisses me off...:@

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Watched and liked it, .I miss that kind of passion on the sidelines .I Did not know he has married again tho

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have it on DVR, will watch it later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Always love Cowher. No disrespect to Tomlin, love him too (when he wins, lol).

5. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I watched it. Love it. Actually, Football Life instead of Timeline, if anyone wants to accurately menu DVR later.
    If you look at my picture, I was able to meet him at SB 44. Very openly nice guy to this high school coach. Shannon Sharp and Marino are also in the pic. The old NFL Today crew.

I thanked him and shook his hand. Then, I went over to my buddy who took the picture ...."I can now die a happy man".

• Like Like x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I loved it. Forgot how his spit would get on people:) I remember the rumors that he would be coaching the Panthers some years back but never happened. He is very happy in the broadcast booth.

7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Watched it and loved it. Cowher is a Burgher thru and thru. Agreed with others and sure miss his passion. Also he knew how to handle players differently depending on what they needed. Loved it when he told Ben years later that he could of handled him by babying him or being tough on him, he chose being tough on him which I think made Ben better.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He won with Noll’s Players.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Should of been green font, right. Sometimes Glenn I don't know if your serious or kidding..:lolol:;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Cowher had some major chokes which have been covered here extensively. With that said, he composed 2 Super Bowl victories with the drafting of Roethlisberger and Polamalu. Tomlin may be on the same track with Watt/Dobbs or Rudolph.

11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Cowher for 12 of his 15 years had averaged to extremely below average Quarterbacks. I feel very confident had he had Big Ben in SB XXX and 1997 AFC title game, Cowher is sitting on 3 super bowls. Those two losses they should have won. They should have beaten the Chargers but they would have gotten waxed by the Niners in the Super Bowl, so, I am glad they lost when they did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm kidding

• Like Like x 1
  13. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Unfortunately Kordell always made the big mistake when needed most...:facepalm:

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Im pissed. I had this set to DVR, and for whatever reason it did not record. :facepalm: I am going to have to find when it is showing again so I can record it.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It's on again Monday night 7:30 central time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    My favorite memory, other than him tearing up when he won the bowl, is him stuffing the photo of too many men on the field in the ref's pocket.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Thanks! I just went to set up the recording, and what do you know, it's already set to record. I set it up to record on Monday instead of Friday. I guess that's why it didn't record. :facepalm::lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Actually, I think we would have beaten the 49ers, or at least faired much better than the Chargers did!

To me, the only reason we didn't beat the Cowboys was because their Oline wore our defense down. No one else in the NFL had an Oline like that, especially the 49ers. Our defense would have gotten after Steve Young.

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Dont forget about the two picks u kno who threw lol

20. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    We got off to a very slow start in SB XXX. Cowboys jumped out quick. Smith had 40+ yards rushing for the game. 30 of it came on 1st drive.
    AND........
    You cannot give ANY team, especially the those Cowboys, the ball inside the 10 yard line TWICE and expect to win. Larry Brown was given the SB MVP.

I worked that game as well. Beautiful day. Doobie Brothers pregame, Vanessa Williams sang National Anthem, Diana Ross halftime and flew out on helicopter. I liked the game at Sun Devil Stadium. These Taj Mahal stadiums are all the same to me.

21. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Wow just watched this. What a great show about a great coach and even better man. So many great memories this reminded me of and how i wish Cowher was the still the coach of the pittsburgh steelers

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    OVERATED

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    9ers would have crushed us.... And dallas oline we actually wore down cause they overlooked us and were literally out all night long partying.... We lost to dallas cause of neil odonnel and we had a horrible first quarter...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    My favorite is when he got mad at Josh Miller for shanking a punt. Pure comedy gold.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Theres truth to it. If we're talking SB only, there were several leftover players from Nolls tenure. Woodson, Lake, Jerry O, Ernie Mills and of course O'Donnel all played on that '95 squad.

More than that when he took over in '92. All coaches inherit the previous coaches players and win and lose with them. I always thought that was the lamest argument.