1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Remember when

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 8, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He did at least beat them in the 2004 regular season after they had won what? 2 sbs

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Preface this with I’m on vacation, on a beach.

I woke up this morning, and enjoyed the win. Mimosa. 5 in a row. Mimosa. Then I thought, this is nice. Can we beat the Jaguars next week? Bloody Mary. Even if we do, can we be Beat the Patriots in a few weeks? Indigestion, switched to beer. It’s 11. Then, I thought, it doesn’t matter, if we don’t beat them in the playoffs it doesn’t matter. Then, I thought, I’m becoming HeinzMustard. I am now drinking to eliminate that thought.

;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Last year.
    He just wasn't good enough to out coach both the Patriots and the league office.

• Like Like x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It sounds like you're enjoying your vacation. Congrats.:drinks:

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He did not. Did you not see that last drive? They literally called the same play and threw to gronk everytime. Tomoin thought it was ok to single cover the best TE in the game with sean Davis. No way belichick does that. He would have bracketed gronk and rolled double coverage to him every play and force someone else on NE to beat us. What belichick will not let you do is beat hin with what you're best at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

This was my post from Sept 18th in the "I read that Tomlin cannot fire Butler" thread

I thought it then. I think it now.

"I would not fire Butler at this time. That being said....I would fire him in the off season...even if the Steelers win the Super Bowl this year.

The only thing that would keep his job for me is a top 5 in defense. lead the league in sacks again...and maybe top 5 in INTS

HACK

SteelHack, Sep 18, 2018"

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That tie had to do with 6 turnovers, and Boswell missing a game winning FG. Try harder next time.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    2011 :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Also a poster earlier this season said AB lost a step :facepalm:, AB was fast enough to beat the Panthers CB who runs a 4.3 forty for a 53 yd TD.

• Like Like x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I guess I didn't put enough ;+)'s in my post.

11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Those are lofty goals to shoot for and they should, but this defense doesn't possess top 5 talent in all three areas. I say top seven interior lineman, top fifteen linebackers and bottom third secondary. I think with the offensive punch this team has, they can make lives miserable for any team if their defense can finish in the top third of the league in the most important defensive category of all: points allowed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    2017 Jagoffs beat us 9-30 maybe Bens worst game ever then they beat us 42-45 and the defense takes a ton of hits and many of these players are still here. mind you both of these games were home games, I don't see how this team no matter how bad the Jagoffs are doing don't see the Steelers taking this game anything less then a revenge game.

The trap game for us will be the Raider game especially if we win the next 3 and start looking ahead to the Cheats and Saints. jmo

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am with you here as far as the Jagoffs are next but fire Tomlin etc that kind of talk will always go away after a big win like we just had and 5 in a row streak which we are in. However that don't change the facts, we are one of the most talented teams every year and no matter who the coach is we should be winning.

I was one of them that wanted Tomlin gone but I have always stuck up for Butler. I am not saying fire Tomlin now cause that is just dumb. What I will point out is this, since our last SB we are 3-5 in the playoffs. We have had 3 one and done's, of our 3 wins one came vs Cinny with a back up QB and the only way we won was for a Burfict blow up. One we didn't even score a TD and the other yes another back up QB.

Let's not sit here and act like after this nice win and 5 in a row that Tomlin is all that. With that said the fire Tomlin stuff is gonna be put away as winning cures everything. Again I am not for firing Tomlin mid season but the win streak don't change my mind how much of an underachieving team we are under MT.

Not trying to be a "debbie downer" just responding to the shot taken about the fire Tomlin stuff. I hope we win every freakin game with Tomlin and grab a SB and MT gets coach of the year......I will be happy with that, but the facts are the facts. :herewego!::herewego!::herewego!:

15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I hope you are right. The remaining schedule is brutal. The Jags game is one we gotta have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes I agree I hope I am right as well cause we need that game.....lol

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    As someone who has begun expressing concerns about Tomlin, he has responded by quelling those concerns.

Locker room √
    Sloppy play/focus √
    Defense stepping up √
    Offense firing on all cylinders √

Only thing he needs to get off his back is playoffs.

The way this team has handled adversity and playing great football right now, is a very good job by Tomlin.

If I'm going to criticize him, I'm going to give him credit when he's doing well.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. SteelBucsPens 4 Life32

SteelBucsPens 4 Life32 Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Jags have always been a thorn in the Steelers side since they entered the NFL back in 95. But if my memory serves me correct I think, Ben has won 3 out of 4 in Jax which is much better then his record vs them in Pitt.

Of course Fournette is a beast when healthy but lets see if his hamstring even holds up this week vs the Colts. The Steelers D has to make Blake Bortles look like Blake Bottles and not the 2nd coming of Joe Montana like they did in the playoffs. I'm not worried about the trap game stuff, the Steelers want to take it to the Jags.

I know Oakland has been a house of horrors for Ben in his career but the Raiders will already have quit on the season when the Steelers travel there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, because McCaffrey had a great game against us

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Not going to happen. I dont think a coach like Tomlin all of a sudden changes overnight. He is too set in his ways and older now to change. It will always be week to week and leave you guessing which team and which Tomlin is going to show up. I am a Tomlin supporter because I cannot honestly say he has done a bad job. The reason fans don't like Tomlin is because he is inconsistent such as you point out. There is a bit more drama about Tomlin then there needs to be. All this talk about losing the locker room is pure rubbish. He is a players coach. There is no doubt about that. Considering all of the distractions and Bell being the biggest of all I would say the team has moved on really well.

21. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    That's close to how I look at it too. Tomlin does the tough coaching things very well (like the team unity and morale). But he does some of the easier coaching things very poorly (like clock management and which risks to take during the game).

• Like Like x 2
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I never said Tomlin was all that :shrug:, after every loss fans want to fire the HC, this ain't the Browns the Steelers don't operate that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I never said you thought Tomlin was all that and what you are saying now and what you started the thread with are two different things. Nobody thinks we are the Clowns but the fire Tomlin talk was real early on but most said we know the Steelers don't operate that way. Anyways the ship is righted and we are on a roll and as long as we win that is all I care about, Hue Jackson could be the coach for all I car as long as we win!!!!!!! :steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

24. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    After today's NE game, I remember when the Steelers were the only team in the league who played down to inferior opponents. (Or at least, some fans made it sound like that.)

• Like Like x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No... I think Packers and Seahawks are guilty too, along with the Steelers. Both of those teams have some games in the loss/tie column that make me go... WTF?