1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

When Will Bell Return Prediction Thread ... Poll closes Nov 9

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Nov 7, 2018.

When Will Bell return to sign the tag?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2018.
  1. Saturday Nov 10 to get paid the money for Sunday's game and accrue another season

15.0%
  2. Tuesday Nov 13 before the deadline to accrue a season

40.0%
  3. He won't sign and sit out all year.

45.0%
  1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    The whole thing is just weird.. He might be going for sitting out the entire year now . Who knows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    No way he doesn't sign. If he doesn't sign he can't become a FA next year and will be stuck with the same franchise tag as this year. I hope they never play his ass. Conner has earned that #1 spot and doesn't need the drama that Bell behind him would bring.

3. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    So what you're saying is he changed his relationship status? :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not true

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's a FA regardless unless Steelers want to tag him for 25 million. Not happening.

Bell will never wear black and Gold again. He's gone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Ok someone help me out here with the following which talks about this 25 mill. It looks like the writer is in error to m.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ba-loophole-allowing-him-not-to-play-in-2018/

"That "Subsection (b)" makes very clear that Bell will be given a salary of one of three things, whichever is greatest.

Those three things are:

• The "average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the position (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) with the highest such average"
    • The 120% of the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the position (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) at which the player participated in the most plays during the prior League Year
    • The 144 percent of Bell's salary the year before
    The first one is key there, because it basically means Bell's salary will be the equivalent to the quarterback franchise tag cost. That cost will be north of $25 million for the 2019 season."

How is he including QUARTERBACKS into the mix? That is not the position Bell plays.

I've always been under the impression the most would be the 144% of his current salary, which IF HE SIGNED, would be $20.88 million dollars. Still a lot. But without signing the tag, he never received the 14.5 mill due, which would mean he could get tagged for the equivalent of how much he made the year prior.

The big one is apparently many people were wrong about the requirement for him accrue a season this year to be eligible for free agency next year.

From the article..

"It's pretty stunning, really. The hardest thing to figure out is why it took Bell's agent this long to figure out the CBA allowed him to do this. "

He's not the only one confused on what was going on. I think with 15 mill on the table, I'd be researching it myself.

7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's interesting as time moves on the thread actually has more people saying he is going to sign this year prior to the deadline.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think he’s coming back.

1. Spotted in Pittsburgh right before he has to sign.

2. Cheering Conner, juju last night when he never said anything before.

If he’s willing to play backup role and play hard then screw it all in

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

The final distribution.

Saturday Nov 10 to get paid the money for Sunday's game and accrue another season
    6 vote(s) 15.0%

Tuesday Nov 13 before the deadline to accrue a season
    16 vote(s) 40.0%

* He won't sign and sit out all year.
    18 vote(s) 45.0%

55% believe he's going to sign

45% believe he won't.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016

Deion Sanders really is an idiot. Now he thinks the league should step in and force the Steelers to "fix the situation." How can that be interpreted any way other than saying the league should force the Steelers to give Bell more money?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    These ****ing idiots and their "Getting paid" bull****. The rules are the rules their lame ass NFLPA a made with the owners and agreed to. Shut the **** up and go talk to that puppet loser Demaurice Schmuckface and stop crying about "getting paid".

And Le'Veon Bell isnt a clown for wanting to get paid, he is a clown for telling his team he would be there to start the season and then bowing out like a *****. We would have more respect for his stupid ass if he took a stand and said I'm not coming and just shut up about it.

Instead, he parade's on Twitter like an ******* and does what he does like an ******* to get attention from it. **** him. I hope he never shows and let his sorry ass go so the Steelers can focus on winning games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why pay a man his full salary when he is not in football shape? Hence negotiate less than his normal 855/game for a couple weeks
    then when he is in football shape pay him his full salary the rest of year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That isn't going to happen. If the current reports are correct and Bell doesn't have to report at all this season get the year toward free agency, there is no way he would come in for a reduced salary. If anything, I think he's going to ask for some of the money he forfeited by sitting out so long. Of course, the Steelers should tell him to get bent, but asking him to take a cut for the time he does play is basically telling him to stay home.

14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He should be keeping his mouth shut.
    Tampering I say.

15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    What are you seeing that makes you believe that he would agree to a pay cut?

Forfeiting 855,000 a game with intentions of making more, and you believe he will agree to a pay cut?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The sudden vocalization of teammates on twitter may suggest he's trying to warm people over for his return.

Fun times. We will find out Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup lol

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    LOL tritter= more dumming down of America

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    its been reported he is not likely going to show up by Tuesday which makes him ineligible to play this season

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think that clip is from a couple weeks ago, before the trade deadline when there would have been more options. I read something similar he said back then, now it wouldn't make sense. Either way, I agree he's an idiot.

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes the steelers offer him 500k /week while he gets in football shape, knows the offense and then pay him his full salary for the remaining
    of the season. . so he still pockets 6 million for the season. I don't want him back, I am only giving scenarios.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Can everybody STFU about Bell after tomorrow when he doesn't report?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No

Then the “will the Steelers tag him again” threads will start.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He has 5 hours and 45 minutes as of now to sign so I think it's safe to say he is out for this season....

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont see them tagging him again.