1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Connor? Injured?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Trellaine, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    weird events during the second half with Connor leaving the field eventually.

Updates?

2. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I looked like he had a concussion from the helmet to helmet contact. I can't believe when he went into the tent, he was able to re-enter the game. I know its hard to see on the tv, but after that hit, the close up camera angle sure made it look like his eyes were staring off into space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    He’s in concussion protocol and will find out more during the next few days.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He should not have been allowed to return to the game in the second half. Messing around with even a mild concussion is incredibly stupid and dangerous. Players are conditioned to want to be out there no matter what and they are impaired mentally when they suffer concussions. It is on the coaches and team doctors to protect them and it sure seems as if they failed Conner last night. Hopefully, it is minor and he recovers quickly.

After the game, Tomlin said he was in the concussion protocol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Don't worry Bell will be back this weekend............ :shrug::shrug::shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Screw it maybe he’s fresh lmao

• Like Like x 1
  7. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So he is in protocol ok.. well glad to see we get a few extra days for this to heal up and him to get back in there..
    I thought it was weird he went out.. showed him going to blue tent.. then a few plays later came back in for one play.. or maybe two.. then the start of the 4th he was out..
    I was thinking they pulled him to give Samuels and Ridley some touches..

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd wager that had the game been closer, Connor would have returned for the entire game. Best to be cautious.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is my concern. I heard one report that he had been in the tent more than once. I assume all of those visits were to check for a possible concussion. If they were that unsure, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Concussions can be unpredictable. He may be good to go next week, but it could also be a while. I still hope the Steelers don't cave on anything with Bell. If he shows up, he gets paid for the weeks he works only. I'm sure that's the issue right now, too. Bell wants to be paid for some or all of the time he missed. There is no way that should happen, not even one paycheck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Agreed, especially with the lead they had.

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This is where the concussion protocol system fails.

12. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    I remember him making a face or grimace after he got hit on a play in the second half and immediately thought he had a head injury (Just based on how he looked, I can't explain it). My guess is that was when he got hit in the head. I have no idea, just speculating. He had one more goal line carry after that and then he was done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I mean, jokes or not, if Conner IS injured, that's a pretty big "pick-up..." lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Following comment is for entertainment purposes only:

How much fun would this board be if Connor did go down and Bell came back and the Steelers didn't miss a beat??

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    From what I read it sounds like he went in the tent twice to be evaluated for a possible concussion. Passed both times.

If you're not cleared they take your helmet and he had his.

If he was cleared by the trained professionals then I'm good with that. My opinion is Tomlin was being cautious by sitting him with the lead we had.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He was cleared by the doctors to go back in the game.
    They did their job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    They need a more thorough process. I've been to keg parties in the woods that had a better setup than that blue tent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Here we go with the internet doctors.
    Are you an expert on concussion evaluation?
    It's ok to have an opinion, but base it off of facts.

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Yeah, it should be a green tent with a red cross on it.

20. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Great, another Bell thread! Can't you just move this to all the other Bell threads... j/k!

• Like Like x 1
  21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Here's a fact: Conner was put in the blue tent for concussion protocol then cleared to go back in the game. After the game, Tomlin says he is in concussion protocol. This is after he was cleared to go back in the game, and went back in the game. Am I missing something here....

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    he went in more than once. Maybe on his third trip he showed signs of a concussion and they put him in the protocol?

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Also I think you may be confusing an evaluation and the actual concussion protocol?

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Not according to how the announcers have been terming it in games I've listened to.